Sign in to follow this  
MoosePiss

Arma 2 + Operation arrowhead steam version combined operations

Hello community

Recently I re-bought arma 2 so I could run combined operations with arrowhead etc. The problem i've fould myself in is this, when I launch combined operations through steam arma 2 + arrowhead works as well as BAF however im unable to enable mods or let alone see them in the expansions tab on the main loading screen and with the reverse of this I can't enable combined operations.

So after searching through the files i came across this below:

It is possible to merge ARMA 2 content with ARMA 2: OPERATION ARROWHEAD. In order to do this:

* make sure to install ARMA 2 first

* ARMA 2: OPERATION ARROWHEAD should find your ARMA 2 folder automatically during setup (if you want to install ARMA 2: OPERATION ARROWHEAD as stan alone product, select different folder)

* ARMA 2 version 1.06 or higher is required, ARMA 2: OPERATION ARROWHEAD will update it during setup automatically if necessary

Ive uninstall operation arrowhead rather backed the game up through steam utility and tried to reinstall the game, this of course just places arrowhead as a standalone game + BAF into the steam/steamapps/common/arma2 operation arrowhead folder. Ive downloaded the latest patch for arma 2 1.00 - 1.08 and my current Operation arrowhead patch number is 1.55 with the BAF 1.01.

The mods installed are the ace mod 2, LDL(ac130 mod), Warfx

Ps. is the a way to run combined operations in the same way as a mod?

eg.@arma2;@arrowhead;@BAF;?

My PC specs if needed are:

i7 2.8 ghz

4gb ddr3 ram

GT9500 1gb

500 gb HD

Hello community

Recently I re-bought arma 2 so I could run combined operations with arrowhead etc. The problem i've fould myself in is this, when I launch combined operations through steam arma 2 + arrowhead works as well as BAF however im unable to enable mods or let alone see them in the expansions tab on the main loading screen and with the reverse of this I can't enable combined operations.

So after searching through the files i came across this below:

It is possible to merge ARMA 2 content with ARMA 2: OPERATION ARROWHEAD. In order to do this:

* make sure to install ARMA 2 first

* ARMA 2: OPERATION ARROWHEAD should find your ARMA 2 folder automatically during setup (if you want to install ARMA 2: OPERATION ARROWHEAD as stan alone product, select different folder)

* ARMA 2 version 1.06 or higher is required, ARMA 2: OPERATION ARROWHEAD will update it during setup automatically if necessary

Ive uninstall operation arrowhead rather backed the game up through steam utility and tried to reinstall the game, this of course just places arrowhead as a standalone game + BAF into the steam/steamapps/common/arma2 operation arrowhead folder. Ive downloaded the latest patch for arma 2 1.00 - 1.08 and my current Operation arrowhead patch number is 1.55 with the BAF 1.01.

The mods installed are the ace mod 2, LDL(ac130 mod), Warfx

Ps. is the a way to run combined operations in the same way as a mod?

eg.@arma2;@arrowhead;@BAF;?

My PC specs if needed are:

i7 2.8 ghz

4gb ddr3 ram

GT9500 1gb

500 gb HD

Running mods through steam is a pain to say the least...What I had to do to get them to work was put the addons under ArmA2 AND under Operation Arrowheads Expansion folder and then I had to "SET LAUNCH OPTIONS" for both A2 and OA to run the addon before it would recognize it.

Steam does not like A2

Well, what I did to get this all working is actually just to take the addons folder from ARMA 2 (And take out all the UI.pbo and related ui files out of the folder) and copied it into a mod folder in ARMA 2 Operation Arrowhead called @ARMA2 and then just enable this mod folder and you now have Combined Operations. The Steam Combined Operations .cmd file actually works in close to the same way as the one I just described, but doesn't actually combine them so its easier to update them. And also to update ARMA2 in the mod folder just update the original ARMA 2 in Steam and simply re-copy and paste the folder to the ARMA 2 mod folder in the Operation Arrowhead directory. Depending on your hard-drives read/write speed, the copying and pasting may take between 6-12 minutes, but in turn it is much easier to do then to singularily type each mod of yours into the execution line of the ARMA2OA.exe.

Edited by CRACKMAN205

Why not to use Arma2Launcher to Combined Mode? Easy Easy...

Why can't STEAM and BIS make a deal and give us ArmA 2:Combined Operations only for us that have bought booth standalone versions of ArmA 2. ?? I don't wanna spend 40 Euro for just get the Combined versions..

I think i have the same problem. I bought OA ftom steam, already have A2 from steam, and they both have their own folder. What do i need to do to have combined operations?

From the run menu in Steam it gives the option to run ARMA2:CO but when i do this i can't see any mods from arma2..

I think i have the same problem. I bought OA ftom steam, already have A2 from steam, and they both have their own folder. What do i need to do to have combined operations?

From the run menu in Steam it gives the option to run ARMA2:CO but when i do this i can't see any mods from arma2..

Forget Steam interface menu, Please, go to Arma II Launcher to fix this problem... You can see all mods ingame with A2L.

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=89731&highlight=arma2launcher