Sign in to follow this  
LittleRefusal

Things missing in game; don't know what to do...

Hi everyone. I just got Flashpoint a week ago (the old original version). Right after I installed it I updated to version 1.46.

Okay, heres the problems. I'm trying to make my own mission, but I have found that more then half of the music files do not work. They just don't play. Also I make a trigger that adds the player to Alpha Squad, but in game it just shows up as white text reporting an error. I've seen alot of these errors playing the campaign. This is very fustrating for me, since I can't make any sort of complex mission. I'm sure I'm scripting things right, as I copy it straight out of tutorials and online documents.

Should I re-install? Continue on? Also if it might help, my system is a:

450 MHz PII

128 MB ram

10 GB HD

12 MB Voodoo 2 (with latest drivers)

Junk intergrated soundcard

I know, it's a lousy system... I should be getting a new one soon. Please, any help would be great. I'm desperate... sad.gif Thank you. Sorry if this has been posted before.

"as white text reporting an error". Does this happen during the official campaign, or in missions that you made yourself? It's not abnormal for it to happen in user made missions. Make sure you take a good look at the scripting reference, and perhaps read some tutorials (eg from ofpec.com).

Can't really help you with the music problem. You did upgrade from v1.0 to 1.2 to 1.30 to 1.46, right? (I guess you have, because else you would have gotten checksum errors).

Yes I bought it as 1.20, then upgraded to 1.46 using the Ultimate upgrades. The white text happens in both user made and campaign missions, but more on user made ones. I'll check out that site for more tutorials to help me out. thanks!

If anyone knows whats up with the music, please tell me. smile.gif