Sign in to follow this  
walker

Viktor Bout extradited to the US

Hi all

Viktor Bout is supposedly the main person who is the basis for the Character played by Nicolas Cage in the film "Lord of War".

16 November 2010 Last updated at 16:49 Bout extradition: Russia criticises US pressure

Russia has described as a "blatant injustice" Thailand's decision to extradite alleged Russian arms dealer Viktor Bout to the US to face charges of conspiring to sell weapons.

Russian Foreign Minister Sergei Lavrov said it was the result of unprecedented American pressure on Thailand.

Mr Bout was flown out of Bangkok after Thailand backed the US request after months of legal wrangling.

He was arrested in Bangkok in 2008 in a US-led operation.

The former Russian air force officer, 43, has been accused of trying to sell arms to Colombian rebels, and supplying weapons that fuelled conflicts in Africa and the Middle East...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-11768684

As always follow the link to the full original text

I am sure I wrote a whole load of stuff about this guy in the old forums about 6 or 7 years ago. I will hunt it out. He was heavily involved with the Bush administration and knows where many of the skeletons are buried, both among the US, USSR and other power elites. Consequently I would not travel on the same plane as him or indeed any other transport method he was on and suspect he may die suddenly before his case comes to court in the US.

Here is a little more on our friend Viktor Bout. It explains how he sold some of his aircraft to the Taliban. And then worked for KBR from 2003 to 2007.

http://www.historycommons.org/timeline.jsp?other_al-qaeda_operatives=complete_911_timeline_victor_bout&timeline=complete_911_timeline

Ariana Airlines is one of many names for the airlines formerly run by one Viktor Bout.

The airlines he ran have a long and checkered history and he was just one of its recent "owners," it goes by many names: Aerocom, Jet Line, and Air Mero and uses other double blind front companies like Chapman Freebourne, and Echolines.

http://www.ruudleeuw.com/vbout22.htm

This airline began as "Air America" back in the Vietnam war and may go all the way back the Berlin Airlift.

It has delivered to Iran, the Mujahideen, the Contras, the Taliban, FARC, Charles Taylor's Liberia and any other dirty little war, major power governments wanted deniability on; as well as bringing in Arms it also takes out drugs and drug money, blood diamonds and laundered funds from all those activities. It also acts as transport for various criminal elements and black operations.

In 2003 Viktor Bout was working for Dick Cheney and Donald Rumsfeld's company KBR delivering weapons to Iraq suposedly for the Police that would then mysteriously disappear from KBR run airport. 10,000 AKs went walkies from the airport; days afterwards came a surge in attacks on US troops by insurgents in Iraq and Afghanistan.

The aircraft turn up at US and NATO Military airbases from Afghanistan to the UK and US as well as places like Dubai and Caracas. The plane ID's get changed on such a regular basis that no one knows what they were originally called.

A very educational biography of Viktor Bout's past is available here:

http://www.ruudleeuw.com/vbout00.htm

A large amount of cash that entered Iraq in bales of dollar bills from the US were said to have got straight back on to Viktor Bout's airline into Swiss bank accounts for various people connected to the US run Iraq transitional authority.

Viktor Bout's Ariana Airlines still transports bales of US dollars from Kandahar airport in Afghan diplomatic bags to Dubai and the UAE. Mostly said to come from President Hamid Karzai’s brother Ahmed Wali Karzai president of the provincial council in Kandahar, he is also said to be the person in charge of laundering money for the opium trade of the region; you know the one that supports the Taliban.

Kind Regards walker

Edited by walker

I want to make a special mission (TvTvAI) based on his character, too. Scripting guys help me out ;)

Think have a little watch of lord of war is due, lennord Minin as well.

The stark contrast in news coverage over this issue between Russian and American sources is phenomenal.

RT vs CNN.

Check it out on Freeview.

Hi all

As I pointed out with the links above, this one of those occasions where standard national media will not be printing the full story. Both western and Russian media are printing the party line.

Bout worked both sides and used assets that began as US owned as Air America but then became privatised when the real money started to come from drugs, conflict diamonds, black projects and the "deniable surrogate wars" of various powers.

The reason the CIA gets accused of drug running is this dirty little open secret, even ex CIA operatives have admitted it, and if you think the KGB/FSB does not do the same think again. The amount of money involved in these businesses as well as the inherently corrupting nature of espionage jobs mean that such people are bound to gravitate to these activities.

Want to know something really creepy that will give you nightmares? As well as employing Viktor Bout through KBR; Dick Cheney and Donald Rumsfeld both worked on MK Ultra and that operation was so scary that most people want to think it is a myth and the then head of the CIA had the shredders and incinerators running full time for weeks, to hide it, when the U.S. Congress Church Committee, and the presidential Rockefeller Commission started to look into it. All the publicly available documents are heavily redacted, and even that evidence is like something out of a scary horror film and that is the few shreds left after the CIA's head ordered the evidence shredded.

I have always thought that working for the secret service of a country should preclude you from ever taking a political office. Cheney and Rumsfeld are proof of that.

As I said the Viktor Bout case is one of those occasions where surfing the Internet will give you the full story better than traditional media.

Kind Regards walker

Edited by walker

Hi all

Viktor Bout has been found guilty of dealing Arms to a terrorist group in Columbia. I dare say he will be shuffled off to solitary confinement. Or be under threat of "shiving" if he opens his mouth about where the political skeletons are buried.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-15565305

He probably has a book or 5 in him.

Not one of the nicest people you will meet.

I guess the real question is who has taken over his former business?

Kind Regards walker

Edited by walker

Had a look into this and I take much of what you say here with a grain of salt. :rolleyes:

Had a look into this and I take much of what you say here with a grain of salt. :rolleyes:

Hi PELHAM

Sorry to do this to you PELHAM :(

But be specific about which bit you take with a grain of salt.

Kind Regards walker

extradite alleged Russian arms dealer Viktor Bout to the US to face charges of conspiring to sell weapons.

Great irony :)

For the record, if Bout knows the location of several embarrassing skeletons I doubt there'd be such an effort to legally extradite him TO the US, where his right to statements are upheld. Surely he'd just... disappear? :)

Hi PELHAM

Sorry to do this to you PELHAM :(

But be specific about which bit you take with a grain of salt.

Kind Regards walker

Bout had many dealings with many nation states and often played them off against each other. Your original writings on this matter seem biased against one particular nation state and many elements of it are untrue and the links you make are absurd.

While intelligence agancies are forced to use dubious people occasionally it does not mean they aporove of them or support them.

Bout can make any statements he likes from prison and yet he has not done so? Also you seemed to suggest that the USA would be behind a plot to kill him, yet years later he is still in perfect health.

Edited by PELHAM

Hi PELHAM

I can see where you would make that judgement. :)

However you are mistaking the availability of information and the protections of an open society with what you assume is my opinion.

Getting similar information on Viktor Bout's activities for the Russian federation is harder so there is less of it publicly available and a less free press and people willing to risk the selves to investigate it.

You assume this is an attack on the US when in point of fact it as an application of the USA's and the west in generals more advanced democratic protections.

The west deals with the mess, at least when those involved or their defenders do not go around shouting STFU, whereas the former soviet states still sweep it under the carpet, where it continues festering and further corrupting the society and body politic.

I think the current administration wants to deal with Viktor Bout and mine him for information of criminal behaviour and on operations by the FSB and other state actors. I think there are other people in government bodies in the US who used him for both black projects and their own enrichment who want him dead. Ditto the FSB and all the other alphabet soup of acronyms around the world but they are all worried about his letters to open in the case of death.

It is worth noting that those involved in his arrest prosecution and transport do so with him in armoured vehicles with a bullet proof vest and as often as not a kevlar helmet on his head. So they seem to concur with my assessment.

Kind Regards walker

Edited by walker

Hi PELHAM

It is worth noting that those involved in his arrest prosecution and transport do so with him in armoured vehicles with a bullet proof vest and as often as not a kevlar helmet on his head. So they seem to concur with my assessment.

Kind Regards walker

Many people want Bout dead - most of his customers have been overthrown and the victims want justice. He also knows many secrets about what former KGB and Russian Military officials got up after Glasnost. You will have observed that 99% of his distributed weapons were Eastern Block manufactured?

The US officials transport him under maximum protection because they know this. The US also knows that if anything should happen to him they would get the blame. As soon as his death was announced, many would write on blogs that he was killed by the US to cover up CIA secrets.