Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 289101112

Click here to go to the first Developer post in this thread.  

Thread: ARMA 2:OA beta patch 75666

Quote Originally Posted by kklownboy View Post
    you have to start somewhere, and H/W is the first to check. I can not reproduce the issues some players are talking about. Hope Bis can.. oh and the zfighting is even less on Cherno now with the 666.

Also i use alot less RAM now on the 75xxx compared to the 1.54,73xxx+, which they would/could run out of RAM error, so alot is fixed.

---------- Post added at 09:45 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:38 AM ----------

It does matter when you get the rightbalance for your 512mb card, which in my testing is really best @ 1280/1024, no AA, no shadows, VD -1200max, no PP, normal Obj,no Terrain ,high or VH texture. AF disabled.

When fighting happens then your on the CPU. VD and AI are CPU intensive. If your still playing Redhammer, then you will always have issues.

For those who have the lod issues, send them (Bis) a mission or test setup they can try.
    Comon...I also got a HD4850 with only 512 MB. The game just run great with 1.54 without those heavy texture switching. Also i can play the game with very high textures and texture memory, usually the textures just load very less slower. Its the patch and its bugged, we dont need to discuss this 100x times more now, even if you dont got issues.

Quote Originally Posted by VictorFarbau View Post
    To be admired here (Youtube)
    thx for the video. I have same troubles on my ATI HD5870 1GB / intel core2quad9550 /win7x64

I also experience this "funny" LOD switching though game runs better with this beta patch, still ingame vsync overides my GPU settings while I can enforce AA and AF no matter what settings I have ingame.

Mainboard: ASUS P6T
    CPU: Intel Core i7 920 @ 2.66 GHz
    RAM: 4GB Corsair
    GPU: ATI Radeon HD 5870 (Catalyst 10.8)
    Sound: M-Audio 2496

I keep getting a massive drop in fps after about 10 minutes of play with latest beta
    The RPT is so long it took forever to scroll

Ok, I tested a lot with this beta, with and without mods, and game is runing fine in my system except for this LOD flickering occurring at a distance around 500 m (viewdistance in my settings is 2288). No more freezing or CTDs and massive frame drops are gone.

Regarding the vsync facts I previosly stated, the action of enabling or disabling it while ingame actually stresses the system and trouble happens but when starting the game with vsync enabled everything works as expected, very smooth.

RAM usage in 1.54 was around 1.6 GB, with 1.55 the system was paging stuff up to 2.5 GB. Now we're back at usual levels

Mainboard: ASUS P6T
    CPU: Intel Core i7 920 @ 2.66 GHz
    RAM: 4GB
    GPU: ATI Radeon HD 5870 (Catalyst 10.8)
    Sound: M-Audio 2496

Quote Originally Posted by kklownboy View Post
    For those who have the lod issues, send them (Bis) a mission or test setup they can try.
    Ticket already opened since a long time for this : http://dev-heaven.net/issues/15073
    "Demo" mission already there, bu anyway putting a man facing trees on Chernarus is not exactly an interesting "repro step".
    It happens everywhere on Cherna, on any mission. It doesn't look dependent on the mission's situation, 1 single player on an empty map is enough.
    It is not dependent on CPU/GPU load, graphics settings all the way down shows the same issue.

Something has gone wrong in the rendering, most probably, as simple as that. It is not a shame to point it out to BI, quite the contrary, there's nothing wrong with bug reporting.
    I don't understand why trying so much to blame it all on a client hardware issue, instead of simply.... reporting a bug....
    Whisper / Kalbuth / MrK
    ex-OFrP member.
    ArmA3 / Planetside 2, member of MercenaryS
    Planetside / ET:QW / Tribes Ascend, member of Formido Clan

Staff Sergeant
    Still noticing the AI soldiers standing and spinning in various situations, in combat as well. Maybe while trying to acquire a target?
    System Vitals : Q8200, 4GB 1333 DDR3, GTX560Ti, Win7 64bit Pro

Quote Originally Posted by whisper View Post
    anyway putting a man facing trees on Chernarus is not exactly an interesting "repro step".
    If you are referring to my video - purpose was just to illustrate the behaviour on my machine in detail, no more no less.
    Purpose of this dynamic LOD switching seems clear - increase performance. This has been introduced in Arma 1 already. It's only now that apparently something was changed in the code which causes this violent switching no matter whether the game observes FPS degradation or not.
    And my humble request would be to offer the user an option to determine the amount of LOD switching activity himself.
    Or embed it into the Texture Quality control (Highest - minimum LOD switching activity, Lowest - switch as of 1/10 distance in FOV) or whatever.
    I just don't like this crappy picture being rendered all around me @55fps; this doesn't make sense to me.

Cheers,
    VictorFarbau

Quote Originally Posted by VictorFarbau View Post
    If you are referring to my video -
    Absolutely not, quite the contrary your video helps figuring out the issue
    I was refering to the demand of a demo mission when anything can be a demo mission, as the problem is not mission specific at all

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 289101112