Sign in to follow this  
santafee

ARMA 2:OA beta patch 75666

Not sure if it's placebo or not, but at the first impression, on the same random skirmish map I usually like to toy with, the AI seem to move more cautiously and take better cover. Friendlies are dying less, enemies seem a bit more challenging. Am I imagining things? :)

First impression after testing Build 75666 in MP for ~2 hours is a little less stuttering (while flying heli). The buildings/objects LOD-poping/drawing issue seems the same as before.

More testing when time permitts...

/KC

but for me (perahaps only for me :D) the latest beta which was fine graphically is 74630.
This is common sense here in this forum!

AI is still going prone behind waist high cover unfortunately.

I can also confirm the object popping is still happening. during start of game it's ok, but after ca. 10-15mins it starts popping..i can do flush command, then its ok for a bit, but i comes back..

And thats because it wasnt adressed in this beta. As explained and per changelog.

I'm getting the same error for a different server.

Version 1.55.75556

Item str_disp_server_control listed twice

Warning: looped for animation: ca\wheeled\data\anim\uaz_cargo01_v0.rtm differs (looped now 0)! MoveName: kia_uaz_cargo02

Warning: looped for animation: ca\wheeled\data\anim\uaz_cargo01_v0.rtm differs (looped now 1)! MoveName: uaz_cargo02

look here:

http://dev-heaven.net/issues/15009

I can not connect to any game with this beta, mission loads, I choose slot, but as soon as mission should start im back in MP browser.

Why was this hotfix released as beta as opposed to a real "hotfix" just like for EW ?

btw, will this beta utilize the new data in the official 1.55?

Why was this hotfix released as beta as opposed to a real "hotfix" just like for EW ?

btw, will this beta utilize the new data in the official 1.55?

yes it will use new 1.55 data fine

Hate to say it, this beta didn't really fix any of my issues. I'm still experiencing problems with 1.55, even with a VD of 6k +, i'm still finding that objects and buildings re-render even at distances of 20m, as do textures. As of 1.55, my game has practically become unplayable.

Any idea when this issue will be fully resolved?

P.S, specs and a full description of the issue I'm having can be found in this post

http://forums.bistudio.com/showpost.php?p=1788934&postcount=28

Please feel free to request any further aditional information as needed. I'm kinda new to these forums so sorry if I've missed anything out.

- Badgers

Hate to say it, this beta didn't really fix any of my issues. I'm still experiencing problems with 1.55, even with a VD of 6k +, i'm still finding that objects and buildings re-render even at distances of 20m, as do textures. As of 1.55, my game has practically become unplayable.

Any idea when this issue will be fully resolved?

P.S, specs and a full description of the issue I'm having can be found in this post

http://forums.bistudio.com/showpost.php?p=1788934&postcount=28

Please feel free to request any further aditional information as needed. I'm kinda new to these forums so sorry if I've missed anything out.

- Badgers

Your issue looks like an extreme case of this :

http://dev-heaven.net/issues/15073

I've seen building blinking in latest beta, and the "blink" could last rather long, could you check the ticket and attached reports to see if it could be related?

If yes, maybe using -exThreads=3 in your shortcut can help, apparently

- the distance to reveal and report contacts/targets is reduced

Viewdistance is 2500m but I could only reveal+report targets (vehicles) that were 600m away or closer despite of seeing them clearly with and without binoculars :confused:

- flickering of grass/foliage and LOD switching (it helps only a little bit to deactivate shadows and to use exThreads parameter)

- many AI bugs & issues are still there

Am I the only one who still has a lot of z fighting despite claims of it being fixed?

Am I the only one who still has a lot of z fighting despite claims of it being fixed?

Don't confuse this with general vegetation flickering please.

OTOH z-fighting has been fixed while:

- standing

- crouching

It has been reduced (but not entirely fixed) while:

- player being close to an object

- player prone (lying down)

Don't confuse this with general vegetation flickering please.

OTOH z-fighting has been fixed while:

- standing

- crouching

It has been reduced (but not entirely fixed) while:

- player being close to an object

- player prone (lying down)

I know what I mean, and I mean z fighting. Faraway building textures flicker regardless of my stance.

Z-fighting is pretty much reduced nearly to zero for me now.

biggest issue is the Lod´s and the texture loading atm.

i hope we´l see many test builds this week before the Patch with PMC comes, so everbody gets a acceptable game experience again...

texture landing on scene start has become noticeably slower in official patch and this beta. i get blocks of colour that in a second or two resolve into scenery.

flickering not so much.

average fps 45.

viwwdistance 4000m

texture high

shadows v high

processing low or very low.

object and terrain detail both on high.

AA off

3d viewport thing setting 1:1 (same as my screen res of 1680x1050)

gfx card = radeon 5870 1GB

Edited by twisted

Hello. I always let you guys do your job, and i'm very patient. But right now i got all the same issues, like others have regarding the textures and LOD's. Its no fun to play or better said unplayable. Plz do a fix asap, because i need this game every day, like others need bread and water

EDIT: Do you need rpt info from us or did you already point out the specific error ?

Edited by Fruity_Rudy

Z-fighting is pretty much reduced nearly to zero for me now.

In all stances? For me it's somewhat improved but still there if prone/near objects. Could this be driver/HW/settings related since another one (kju) also mentioned the same in his comments at CIT? Or maybe we are just using different testing methods, i.e the Z-fighting becomes more notable at long distance?

When toying around with (newly installed and patched to 1.01) BAF last night in the editor before going to bed I received tons of the following lines in arma2oa.RPT... The game became very laggy and slow at the end as well, I was testing various BAF stuff on Sharpur. Have no idea if this is related to BAF or this particular build, will test more and see if it happens again.

VM busy 675901440 B (reserved 149393408 B, committed 526508032 B, mapped 35307520 B), free 1471451136 B
Small mapped regions: 7, size 40960 B
Virtual memory total 2047 MB (2147352576 B)
Virtual memory free 1441 MB (1511489536 B)
Physical memory free 307 MB (322248704 B)
Page file free 2006 MB (2104033280 B)
Process working set 387 MB (406568960 B)
Process page file used 394 MB (413204480 B)
Runtime reserved 276 MB (289734656 B)
Runtime committed 222 MB (233627648 B)
Longest free VM region: 16707584 B
VM busy 675901440 B (reserved 149393408 B, committed 526508032 B, mapped 35307520 B), free 1471451136 B
Small mapped regions: 7, size 40960 B
Virtual memory total 2047 MB (2147352576 B)
Virtual memory free 1441 MB (1511489536 B)
Physical memory free 307 MB (322248704 B)
Page file free 2006 MB (2104033280 B)
Process working set 387 MB (406568960 B)
Process page file used 394 MB (413204480 B)
Runtime reserved 276 MB (289734656 B)
Runtime committed 222 MB (233627648 B)
Longest free VM region: 16707584 B

Also noticed some wierd AI behavior I never seen before. I have some (very) simple test missions I use to briefly check AI reactions etc. and while running the first one I noticed that some soldiers in a AI group never reached position and kept walking around in tiny circles, see picture below...

A2OA_B75666_AI_walks_in_circles.jpg

I re-started it a few times and it was different number of AI's in the group behaving like this on every re-start. At first it looked like it only was the AI soldiers on the slope but there was also a sniper to the left on flat ground (not in pic) behaving the same... Before in this mission they all walked to WP-position and then stood still until engaged/fired upon.

Link to repro mission:

A2OA_B75666_AI_walks_in_circles.zip

/KC

Edited by KeyCat

You guys realise it's a hotfix for this issue?

I don't experience performance issues with this beta patch but this flickering on Chernarus is noticable. It's nothing gamebraking but it definately makes my eyes hurt^^

Your issue looks like an extreme case of this :

http://dev-heaven.net/issues/15073

I've seen building blinking in latest beta, and the "blink" could last rather long, could you check the ticket and attached reports to see if it could be related?

If yes, maybe using -exThreads=3 in your shortcut can help, apparently

Thanks for the reply Whisper.

I tried your suggestion of adding "-exThreads=3" into the target line, however this didn't help. I loaded up a single player mission as well as a multiplayer server mission and in less than 15 minutes I was experiencing "flickering" (textures not rendering instantly and shadows only loading when im 5ft away) and a failure to fully load vehicles and objects at distances of less than 20m.

At first, everything runs fine and seems fine. I experienced slight pausing in gameplay after inserting "-exThreads=3" into the shortcut, however the same symptoms i've been experiencing with this issue are still present.

I thank you for your assistance and appreciate your help, however it looks like I'm back where I started. Here's hoping this issue is resolved by BIS shortly :)

- Badgers

@Keycat:

I noticed this with the 1.55 patch realeased last week. I saw AI subordinates to an AI SL walking in small circles. I didn't pay much attention to it though.

Not sure if it's placebo or not, but at the first impression, on the same random skirmish map I usually like to toy with, the AI seem to move more cautiously and take better cover. Friendlies are dying less, enemies seem a bit more challenging. Am I imagining things? :)

With this beta, I have noticed AI taking better cover. In one of my older missions, my platoon approaches an enemy-held town, most enemy AI at HOLD/combat waypoints. Before, I would see plenty of them from my approach. After installing 75666, I didn't see any enemies until we were in the town. Also noticed my AI teammates crouching behind small trees more than they did before.

Edited by arthur666