Sign in to follow this  
Dwarden

BattlEye Installers (A2:OA, A2: RFT, A2)

Known issue:

- uninstall from OS panel don't work, run directly "uninstall.exe" in \BattlEye\ directory

URL with new ARMA 2: Operation Arrowhead installer of BattlEye:

ftp://downloads.bistudio.com/arma2.com/tools/Setup_BattlEyeARMA2OA.exe

URL with new ARMA 2: Reinforcements installer of BattlEye:

ftp://downloads.bistudio.com/arma2.com/tools/Setup_BattlEyeARMA2RFT.exe

* note: that A2: OA and A2: RFT installers are same (OA engine) just can detect different paths/product

this is new installer for OA's BE, so in case someone has problems - try run it

and use "run as Administrator" (select file by left mouse click, right mouse click, choose)

it's blazing fast SILENT install so most people not notice progress (so fast it quits)

(check software uninstall list, it's under "BattlEye for OA uninstall")

if BE is same or newer then installer does nothing,

if BE is older it updates BE version,

if BE not found then it will install BE

---

to check if files are installed please check Your where is Your game installed for example:

c:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\ARMA 2 Operation Arrowhead\Expansion\BattlEye\

if there is file BEClient.dll

---

when You joing MP server with BattlEye enabled and working it will be copied and used from

e.g. Windows 7

C:\Users\%USERNAME%\AppData\Local\ArmA 2 OA\BattlEye\

there shall be file BEClient.dll

e.g. WindowsXP

C:\Documents and Settings\%USERNAME%\Local Settings\Application Data\ARMA 2 OA\BattlEye\

there shall be file BEClient.dll

(note: the BattlEye will keep updating the file there when you enter server)

---

STEAM users don't need to do anything

(except that i recommend You to run STEAM via "Run as administrator")

as each ARMA 2 and ARMA 2: OA have own BE installer

each installer is part game's STEAM dataset by default

check inside STEAM directory \Steamapps\Common\

\ARMA 2 Operation Arrowhead\BEsetup\

URL with new ARMA 2 installer of BattlEye:

ftp://downloads.bistudio.com/arma2.com/tools/Setup_BattlEyeARMA2.exe

also in case of BE for ARMA 2 all the example paths from above are only \ARMA 2\ (should be obviously obvious)

URL with new ARMA 2: Free installer of BattlEye:

ftp://downloads.bistudio.com/arma2.com/tools/Setup_BattlEyeARMA2Free.exe

New BIKI entry about BattlEye http://community.bistudio.com/wiki/BattlEye

Edited by Dwarden
new installers + RFT one

Can't tell if this did anything when running as it disappears fast after running. Still can not connect to servers. People that don't have steam can connect and play. When I try to connect they tell me on teamspeak that a message in game says 'battle eye failed to initialize'.

'battle eye failed to initialize'

Same problem here. Tried to reinstall battleye without any success.

Ive also uninstalled battleye, used Dwardes version. -failed

Uninstalled battleye again, extracted 1.55 patch, used the contained battleye installer. -failed

Found an outdated BEClient.dll at the appdata, replaced it. -failed

Now ideas anymore, at moment.

Edited by [LB] boggler

Please note, if BE is already installed the installer will silently update your files, so you won't see any window.

yep, aka read the last line of my post ;)

the best way how verify if this installer works is

goto control panel > uninstall a program

uninstall 'BattlEye for OA uninstall'

then run again this installer

Well I have steam and have tried everything I can find and nothing works. I even got the full version of BAF and reapplied the patch to try and fix it, but still NADA. Most people got the steam version and the issue is that BATTLEYE is not initializing, so since you all BORKED this patch, how bout getting this fixed ASAP like TODAY.

yep, aka read the last line of my post ;)

the best way how verify if this installer works is

goto control panel > uninstall a program

uninstall 'BattlEye for OA uninstall'

then run again this installer

This wont work, the "link" to the uninstaller in the control panel is broken. The only way to uninstall BattlEye is going to C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\ARMA 2 Operation Arrowhead\Expansion\BattlEye\ and uninstall it there. But even this doesnt help.

Well I have steam and have tried everything I can find and nothing works. I even got the full version of BAF and reapplied the patch to try and fix it, but still NADA. Most people got the steam version and the issue is that BATTLEYE is not initializing, so since you all BORKED this patch, how bout getting this fixed ASAP like TODAY.

and why You apply the BAF patch to STEAM version, it's already patched

Win7 x86

Yup, nothing works so far. Have ARMA2, BAF (full) & OA on Steam. Uninstalled Battleye from ARMA 2 and OA, installed both again and again. Tried every step with & w/o admin rights. Solution?

Steam Arma2 Arma2 OA BAF: Use combined OPs shortcut to start.

Tried all of Dwarden suggestions. Join server get same battle eye can't initialize. Noticed that the appdata dll wasn't updated. Overwrite that one with the new client.dll that was being updated in expansion\battleye and still the same error.

I've tried to connect to over a dozen servers by myself, with no success. I'm on voice with suicidesquad UK which is one of the more popular servers and they are stating that nobody with steam has been able to connect since this patch. Nobody. They keep seeing people try to connect and the same error appears 'battlEye failed to initialize'. While many people end up coming on their voice Teamspeak and it's all the same, "I'm using the steam version".

Did the steam version get it's paths screwed up where to look for the client.dll?

Win7 x86

Yup, nothing works so far. Have ARMA2, BAF (full) & OA on Steam. Uninstalled Battleye from ARMA 2 and OA, installed both again and again. Tried every step with & w/o admin rights. Solution?

updated the first post to clarify some details about STEAM (it has latest OA BE already)

I know steam ought to have the latest version. I just wanted to make clear that I (and many others) have tried everything imaginable. Well, except deleting the whole thing and starting from scratch. But I won't download 15GB again, thats for sure.

I know steam ought to have the latest version. I just wanted to make clear that I (and many others) have tried everything imaginable. Well, except deleting the whole thing and starting from scratch. But I won't download 15GB again, thats for sure.

well that's for clarify, so You ran the STEAM via "run as administrator" ? that's last thing i need to know now

I dont have steam so not entirely sure whats going on here but, it would seem the actual "battleye failed to initialise problem" looks to be related to to administration rights in windows.

From what I can tell the user with problems is the only user on the computer and he has administration rights, as he has no logon on account on his own pc!

On right clicking to run as administrator, which he already is, it asks for a password that doesnt exist, as he is the only user with admin rights on the pc.

Just posting my findings in the hope of getting somewhere on this battleye and steam problems.

well that's for clarify, so You ran the STEAM via "run as administrator" ? that's last thing i need to know now

I can't run as an administrator. I'm XP32 and get an error when trying to run as an administrator. I only have one account which automatically logs me into windows with admin privileges.

i tried to run it via administrator. still same battleye is not working

I can't run as an administrator. I'm XP32 and get an error when trying to run as an administrator. I only have one account which automatically logs me into windows with admin privileges.

Ok made a PW for administrator via safe mode. I can now start steam using 'run as' then admin with PW.

But now running OA I get a direct input error box for OA 2 stating that directx 8 required! (yes dx 8) The app closes on that error.

sigh...

I close steam, run it normally and game starts no problems but still can not connect to a server.

G_Rider you really not needed do all that ;) but thanks for trying ...

the BE author is looking into the cause

it's most likely not problem with the installers

which brings me on the question, do you have the files present in the locations mentioned in first post ?

G_Rider you really not needed do all that ;) but thanks for trying ...

the BE author is looking into the cause

it's most likely not problem with the installers

which brings me on the question, do you have the files present in the locations mentioned in first post ?

Yes I do. All three locations for XP32. I have the separate installs from Steam, ARMA 2, AO, BAF. I posted earlier in this thread that I did notice that the appdata BE dll wasn't updated via steam or your exe in this thread. I copied the updated dll from my OA\expansion\be folder to the appdata location but still didn't work.

Why am I getting an error running OA via steam in admin mode now?

yes everything is where it should be also battleye dll in user/appdata have same size like battleye dll in arma folders