Page 2 of 30 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Developer post in this thread.  

Thread: BattlEye Installers (A2:OA, A2: RFT, A2)

1.   Click here to go to the next Developer post in this thread.   #11
    Author of the Thread
    Quote Originally Posted by blanic View Post
    Well I have steam and have tried everything I can find and nothing works. I even got the full version of BAF and reapplied the patch to try and fix it, but still NADA. Most people got the steam version and the issue is that BATTLEYE is not initializing, so since you all BORKED this patch, how bout getting this fixed ASAP like TODAY.
    and why You apply the BAF patch to STEAM version, it's already patched

Win7 x86
    Yup, nothing works so far. Have ARMA2, BAF (full) & OA on Steam. Uninstalled Battleye from ARMA 2 and OA, installed both again and again. Tried every step with & w/o admin rights. Solution?

Private First Class
    Steam Arma2 Arma2 OA BAF: Use combined OPs shortcut to start.

Tried all of Dwarden suggestions. Join server get same battle eye can't initialize. Noticed that the appdata dll wasn't updated. Overwrite that one with the new client.dll that was being updated in expansion\battleye and still the same error.

I've tried to connect to over a dozen servers by myself, with no success. I'm on voice with suicidesquad UK which is one of the more popular servers and they are stating that nobody with steam has been able to connect since this patch. Nobody. They keep seeing people try to connect and the same error appears 'battlEye failed to initialize'. While many people end up coming on their voice Teamspeak and it's all the same, "I'm using the steam version".

Did the steam version get it's paths screwed up where to look for the client.dll?

4.   Click here to go to the next Developer post in this thread.   #14
    Author of the Thread
    Quote Originally Posted by Hugin View Post
    Win7 x86
    Yup, nothing works so far. Have ARMA2, BAF (full) & OA on Steam. Uninstalled Battleye from ARMA 2 and OA, installed both again and again. Tried every step with & w/o admin rights. Solution?
    updated the first post to clarify some details about STEAM (it has latest OA BE already)

I know steam ought to have the latest version. I just wanted to make clear that I (and many others) have tried everything imaginable. Well, except deleting the whole thing and starting from scratch. But I won't download 15GB again, thats for sure.

6.   Click here to go to the next Developer post in this thread.   #16
    Author of the Thread
    Quote Originally Posted by Hugin View Post
    I know steam ought to have the latest version. I just wanted to make clear that I (and many others) have tried everything imaginable. Well, except deleting the whole thing and starting from scratch. But I won't download 15GB again, thats for sure.
    well that's for clarify, so You ran the STEAM via "run as administrator" ? that's last thing i need to know now

Yes, I tried everything with admin rights too.

I dont have steam so not entirely sure whats going on here but, it would seem the actual "battleye failed to initialise problem" looks to be related to to administration rights in windows.

From what I can tell the user with problems is the only user on the computer and he has administration rights, as he has no logon on account on his own pc!

On right clicking to run as administrator, which he already is, it asks for a password that doesnt exist, as he is the only user with admin rights on the pc.

Just posting my findings in the hope of getting somewhere on this battleye and steam problems.

Private First Class
    Quote Originally Posted by Dwarden View Post
    well that's for clarify, so You ran the STEAM via "run as administrator" ? that's last thing i need to know now
    I can't run as an administrator. I'm XP32 and get an error when trying to run as an administrator. I only have one account which automatically logs me into windows with admin privileges.

i tried to run it via administrator. still same battleye is not working

Page 2 of 30 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast