Sign in to follow this  
mrcash2009

[Resolved] 1.55 Patch error for Arma2 & BAF - cannot find xdelta3.exe, phase 5.

I just reluctantly installed the patch 1.55 for OA (I have boxed DVD Arma2 1.07 & Boxed DVD OA 1.54 (as combined ops) & Sprocket BAF 1.0)... all ran fine untill second window popped up to patch to 1.08 arma2 which said:

Some error occurred during patch installation.

Patch file is probably dammaged. You may need to download it again.

Error in file cannot find xdelta3.exe, phase 5.

Then a 3rd window appeared for BAF 1.1 and had the same error, although it then went back to original patch window and 100 percent confirmed all was fine.

I loaded game and it shows as 1.55 latest OA version, although I then needed to run the new downloaded 1.1 BAF install (the one that fixes the issues on release of 1.1) ... this is a new file, I run it and I get the exact same error.

Patch file is probably dammaged. You may need to download it again.

Error in file cannot find xdelta3.exe, phase 5.

All extracted fine and all files dont seem to be corrupt ..

So ... I see that my OA exe is date stamped and timed to be the lastest although BAF has noo recent date stamp files, so I cannot update BAF, plus I assume 1.08 Arma2 failed as the Arma2.exe shows as 1.07 in the exe info.

So Arma2 and BAF effectively cant update but OA is up to date, all I get is the quoted error no matter what.

So .... BIS .... where do I go from here? Never had one patch install issue since arma1 2007 up to this day.

---------- Post added at 12:29 AM ---------- Previous post was Yesterday at 11:57 PM ----------

EDIT: I have searched my PC and found pre-fetch file of xdelta3.exe same time stamp as when it was running the patch, I see its some kind of C++ runtime file?

So ... why does it run and show its been available yet Arma2 1.08 and BAF latest 1.1 wont see it? I shutdown firewall so no program control was set incase anything was blocking temp files etc, and ran the 1.55 OA exe again, this time it runs fast through 1.55 and confirmed OA is up to date already with 1.55 (this is correct) and again goes through to 1.08Arma2 and then BAF1.1 and still I get the same quoted error, just cant update these two.

And again the same error from freshly downloaded BAF1.1 fixed version.

Any help?

Edited by Dwarden

Im getting a similar error:

Update 1.07-1.08\ADDONS\CA.PBO.BI.BISIGN.UPD cannot be applied, error xdelta3 returned error code: 1

Error found in file ADDONS\CA.PBO.BI.SIGN (00000000!=00000001)

Hope someone can help.

------------

Nevermind, I think I downloaded the wrong file. I'll report back if I run into the same thing.

Edited by WarMachine45

Same thing here... One computer patched up just fine while other (main rig) was spitting out pretty much the same errors as you guys. At least I know it wasn't corrupt download.

So, I reinstalled. Patches worked fine after that. I don't ask or care why... it just works now. I have all my DVDs copied to a HD so my reinstall + patching only takes 10 minutes or so. You do if often enough you learn to streamline it. :)

Sorry I couldn't give you more useful advice than 'reinstall'.

seems like the data You trying patch are corrupt , please try full reinstall

Well its a mystery as to how the data has become corrupt as I have been playing fine for months and months, its a strange world with these patches at times.

I got the feeling that total re-install would be needed so I will proceed with that, I knew I was reluctant to patch to 1.55 and now I know why.

But ok, I will get over it. Fresh install might be a good idea anyway seeing as these patched are from 1.0 up than incremental that I have been adding over time.

For the sake of others with error or searches I will post back once (hopefully) all is well just to log it.

Edited by mrcash2009

it could be several factors like drive issue (firmware/drivers or hw failure or overclock of I/O busses)), memory issue (overclock memory or cpu), cpu issue (overlock)

also if you moved the files in processes between drivers it could happen

in rare cases if there is bad 1 bit, it may not corrupt the game itself (the game will e.g. ignore or skip over the affected component) but it will be seen by the installer as it checks the whole file byte by byte

I have used "Contig" in the past for Arma2 folder only defrag (recommended back in arma1 BIS forums some time ago), I wonder if that may have caused a mismatch on data reallocation in an area maybe patch found that I didn't use when in-game recently, can only guess.

Well, either way it happened and I can say its resolved by complete re-install. Just so its logged for others via searching errors here the steps I took (obvious but logging them anyway):

1. Uninstalled BAF then OA then Arma2

2. Installed Arma2 (boxed retail)

3. Installed 1.00-1.08 Arma2 patch

4. Installed OA (boxed retail)

5. Ran 1.55OA patch .. it updated to 1.55 fine then ran 1.08 seemed to check some more all ok, 100 percent done.

6. Installed BAF (Sprocket)

7. Installed BAF 1.01 (fixed patch version.)

All is back to normal.

glad to hear You got it solved, have fun

and thanks for telling us ... closing as resolved