Sign in to follow this  
landdon

How do you make a Popup target move left to right?

Does anyone know how to make a popup target move left to right? I have depboed the bootcamp file but I'm not sure what is causing it. Any help would greatly be appreciated.

Wow, I can believe no one knows how to make a target to back and forth from left to right or right to left.

Thank you, I didn't come up when I used the search feature. Admin my delete the post.

Hello everyone! I also still can not move a target (pop up). I could not find anything that can help me, I also opened the mission that you said ... but I am not able to understand anything, is it really that complicated to move a target?

is it really that complicated to move a target?

It could be if you're not aware of certain things, for instance:

- Where the code has things like "call BIS_getPosInDistance" or "call BIS_targetIconUpdateText", it's likely referring to functions compiled elsewhere in the mission or script;

- Where it has things like "_this call BIS_handler_SniperTargetHit2", it's likely referring to a handler compiled elsewhere in the mission or script;

- Where it has things like "call BIS_fnc_dirTo", it is referring to Functions (meaning you need to have the functions module in your mission, and the code needs to wait until Functions initialize)....

These type things are the "interdependencies" Kylania was mentioning when he posted the example code.

Those interdependencies have to be included in your mission as well for the code to work.

When you come across something not defined in the script itself, you may have to backtrack through the source from code to init, or track from init to code, to find where it was defined or compiled, determine what it is, what it does, and figure out a proper way of working that into your mission.

sorry incorrect forum

Edited by Thor632