Sign in to follow this  
dr_zakharotta

How to make a faction shoot a neutral faction. as in Genocide?

Hey folks,

I'm doing a movie about some ppl stuck against a wall and theyre civies...

I just want the russian MGs to open fire while I record using cam.sqs

the question is: How?

I tried setFriendly [West,1] spawned as US and the ruskie shot me. HELP!:mad:

Group the civies with a higer ranked us unit and put the probability of presence to 0 on the us unit so he gets deleted at the start of the mission.

You can make "fake" civilians - put somewhere OPFOR soldier and group the civilians to be under his command, that should make them hostile.

Or you can use _civ addRating -5000 (although -2000 should be enough) on all the civilians, and they will become ENEMY of everyone (even enemy to each other).

First, place this in your player unit's init line:

this setCaptive true; this allowDamage false;

This makes your OPFOR guys ignore you, since you're "captive". Should they decide to shoot you, you wont die :)

Then place the civvies where you want them (you have that no doubt) and name them (eg. civ1, civ2, civ3). Create one BLUFOR unit of higher rank than the civvies next to each of the civvies and set "Probability of Presence" to "0".

Technically you should be able to group all civvies with one BLUFOR and set their formation to "None", but I find even when I do that, they arse around.

Next, in each of the civvies init lines put this:

this setCaptive true; this disableAI "move";

This will set your civilians to Captive and make OPFOR treat them as such (i.e. wont shoot them until you let them via the trigger below). It also keeps the AI from laying down, or freaking out because there are guys with guns there.

Place your execution detail (OPFOR units), name them and put this in their init line:

this setStance "UP";

This prevents them from crouching when firing.

Now place a trigger somewhere else and out of sight. Set it to BLUFOR present and put a delay timer on it, for however long you need to get yourself into optimal 'filming' position. Have a BLUFOR AI guy walk into the trigger via a waypoint.

In the trigger's "on activation" field put this:

civ1 setCaptive false; killer1 doFire civ1; civ2 setCaptive false; killer2 doFire civ2; etc...

What that will do is remove the "Captive" flag from the civilians, making them fair game to shoot on by your Execution Detail. The "killer1 doFire civ1" portion will make the execution OPFOR named "killer1" target and kill the civilian named civ1.

Its optional really -- by removing the setCaptive flag from the Civilians, the OPFOR will recognize them as BLUFOR (since they're grouped to a BLUFOR unit) and kill them anyway.

A bit longwinded, and probably other ways of doing it ... but there ya go.

Edited by Harlow[16AA]