Sign in to follow this  
granQ

Bv 309/Bv 206/ Vikings.. "partner" request.

iodCAqN-Hdc

started to work on configs, animations.. this just a quick test, but I liked it. Now i am looking for someone that would work with me on this project. Someone that wish to do the model

Real one:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BvS_10

nice :) should be a great little thing to drive around in

Looks great! Are they the models you are going to be suing the for the final version?

no.. thats the point, looking for someone to make the proper models. While I play around with configs and stuff.

This is looking excellent, surprised these haven't managed to make their way into arma already, I love me some vikings. I would definitely model one out for you if I wasn't working on a bunch of other stuff right now.

Any BV202s? :D (They say) the 206 was better, but I don't care, as far as I remember, the 202 caboose (?) was a hell-of-a-lot warmer :D Did anyone else here enjoy sitting cramped up back there for six hours straight, wearing a gasmask, with 20 cold outside? Oh man, the memories :clap:

Uhm, did they come in a wheel configuration? Or is it to overcome the track pivot problem? Or just due wip?

I'd love to have a stab at this, my modelling abilities are currently restricted to the world of animation and cgi, but it would be good practise.. Will open up 3dsmax tomorrow evening and have a first stab at making a low poly

Edited by DaveP

no.. thats the point, looking for someone to make the proper models. While I play around with configs and stuff.

Looks promising , hopefully get rid of the floating rear end ?

hopefully get rid of the floating rear end ?

I suspect that would just require some method of allowing the rear section to rotate around the z-axis of the coupling.

With the old Viking model of yours, I always wondered if setting up the trailer section as thought it were a wheel, and using the damper source to articulate it up and down on hills would work. Though I suspect it might create issues with the road wheel dampers.

The next problem would be getting the tracks to animate on a vehicle set up to move like a wheeled vehicle (no neutral turns etc). Not an enviable task, but IIRC I saw one mod team had done it for a WW2 half-track.

Anyhow, great start granQ. Good luck with it.

I suspect that would just require some method of allowing the rear section to rotate around the z-axis of the coupling.

With the old Viking model of yours, I always wondered if setting up the trailer section as thought it were a wheel, and using the damper source to articulate it up and down on hills would work. Though I suspect it might create issues with the road wheel dampers.

The next problem would be getting the tracks to animate on a vehicle set up to move like a wheeled vehicle (no neutral turns etc). Not an enviable task, but IIRC I saw one mod team had done it for a WW2 half-track.

Anyhow, great start granQ. Good luck with it.

Got a feeling that setting it up like a wheel would cause it to rotate but i haven't tried myself :D

Using the games built in pivots and mechanics ....

Turrets have some built in features that might suit the problem , pivot points and a stabilizer . Perhaps the rear section for drive and the front animates around it ?

Just throwing up some thoughts

Got a feeling that setting it up like a wheel would cause it to rotate but i haven't tried myself :D

Git. :D

You know what I mean: just using the 'damper' source that you would use for the road wheel and torsion bars to make them traverse over uneven terrain, not the 'drivingWheel' or 'wheel' anim sources as well. :p

this is still a tech demo.. the second part is somewhat ripped from Falklands mod back in OFP days. It has nothing to do with the new models that will be worked on, and is only for me to experiment with animation sources and such. I hope nobody at Falklands mod feels its bad i am ripping their baby apart.

zn8Gv60qUsA

Grass disabled and drive very slowly for you to see how it looks like.

My biggest challange now is understand "how" i want it, how much each part should move and so on, but i am getting somewhat satisfied with the result already.

EDIT. and carl, no there is no wheel only model even if would be kinda cool these all just boxes in oxygen for me to get a feelings, and the model might be "secured", works will begin in december.. I keep you guys posted.

Edited by granQ

Improved :)

the trailer seems to stay more in relation to the ground

+1 for using Massive Attack :cool:

you got my skype mate, if you need help with the actual model. :)

looks great thus far

Edited by PuFu

granQ, fingers crossed for this! Very innovative and fills (would/will fill) a large gap out there. Having such possibilities would open space for many interresting projects/addons!

Thumbs up for your efforts!

this is still a tech demo.. the second part is somewhat ripped from Falklands mod back in OFP days. It has nothing to do with the new models that will be worked on, and is only for me to experiment with animation sources and such. I hope nobody at Falklands mod feels its bad i am ripping their baby apart.

Wish we had been asked in advance... I just hope its use allows for a much better addon of your own...

Permission is granted for its use.

(also if you can get the trailer to really work then I will have use for them scripts!)

Wish we had been asked in advance... I just hope its use allows for a much better addon of your own...

Permission is granted for its use.

(also if you can get the trailer to really work then I will have use for them scripts!)

thanks mate.. right now i am waiting for new models to be done, hopefully both the bv206 and the bv209 (known as BvS10).

Was speaking with deanosbeanos about scripts, basicly to do all the animations by scripting, but for playability, stability and performence I want to use as little custom solutions as possible.

I tried using the "damper" to rotate the rear part depending on how you go to make it look much more natural, however i got wierd results.

whats goin on at the moment then

i am sick and tired, christmas is coming and soon my girlfriend..

Wow, I'm embarrased I haven't seen this before now.

I was a driver on a 206, and I'm excited to see it appearing in arma.

update, a year later.. animations are ok for me and got a guy working on the model, expect release soon.

ow_1GepEfCA

update, a year later.. animations are ok for me and got a guy working on the model, expect release soon.

Do not quote videos

NICE!!!! I LOVE IT !!!!:yay:

Edited by Foxhound
Do not quote videos

Very, very nice! It is a particular vehicle that's no common to see in ArmA. Have you intention to add a weapon turret too? Cargo can go in also on a back section?

I hope in a soon release.