Page 2 of 109 FirstFirst 1234561252102 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Developer post in this thread.  

Thread: VBS2 Discussion thread - the one and only

Shhhhhh. Wolle have it... ;]
    CPU: Intel Core 2 Quad Q8300 @ 3.4GHz | MB: Asus P5Q SE2 | RAM: 4GB Kingston HyperX @ 900MHz CL5
    GPU:
    Asus GeFroce GTX560Ti DirectCUII @ 900/1100 | PSU: beQuiet PP 600W | Saitek X52 Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Max255[PL] View Post
    Shhhhhh. Wolle have it... ;]
    It makes all of us drool.....VBS2 is the one game everyone wishes to have......

MODERATORS!!!

Quote Originally Posted by W0lle View Post
    Overpriced? I wouldn't say so. Name me another military training simulation which is available to the general public and where private customers get free updates several times per year which also include new content for free as well.

And with JCOVE you just scratched the surface of the simulation.
    Ok, Just out of intrest how much does a personal edition of VBS2 cost, for us non-military people?
    Ben

I have 'played' the civilian VBS2, and it is... just different than ArmA1/2. In terms of being 'overpriced' - it depends on what you want to use it for. As a game - then yes, it is. It isn't really fun, when compared to games.

But, that is not its mission in life. It is a trainer. As such, it isn't suppose to be fun, or at least, only as much fun as training can be.

More than 'fun' I hope it is effective for the troops using it. Fun would be bonus. Helping them to learn the skills and processes necessary to survive (and 'win') is what really counts.

Quote Originally Posted by ray243 View Post
    It makes all of us drool.....VBS2 is the one game everyone wishes to have......

MODERATORS!!!
    The fact I own a copy has absolutely nothing to do with me being Moderator here.

Still for a military simulator, its a bit expensive for the military isn't it? They have to buy a copy for almost every soldier out there!

Hint: Enterprise Licence.
    And obviously you have no idea what other simulators for military use cost.

Quote Originally Posted by Ben_S View Post
    Ok, Just out of intrest how much does a personal edition of VBS2 cost, for us non-military people?
    Please contact Sales dept. and request the actual price for the Personal Edition from there.

Really there's more to it then a price. So I don't see why anyone would have a problem about the pricing of VBS2 or any other Mil Sim. The US military will think your product is shit if its to cheap. Here's some reading if your interested.

4IBCT Soldiers sharpen battlefield skills, prepare for combat through virtual simulator

SERIOUS GAMING

War gaming

If your serious about purchasing VBS2 an would like a price quote check the Sales section at BI Simulations. Maybe mention your a "Serious Gamer" or something, An maybe we will see ya on the VBS2 forums...

Quote Originally Posted by pufu View Post
    true, but model making doesn't come cheap. oh, there is no such thing as gameplay for a sim, not in the common sense you and me uses it anyways.

LOL. Not even close to it. If you think every greenhorn out there has access to it, you are soo wrong
    Not to mention they'd buy bulk licenses, thus far cheaper then a single license for 1 person.
    VBS is basically ArmA OA, heck tbh OA seems to have everything VBS has (especially with mods added in, but even without it covers the majority).
    The only stuff VBS has that ArmA doesn't is AAR (After Action Review) and another training tool I can't remember.
    I've got VBS1 and have used VBS2 and tbh 2 is just ArmA 1, but with alot more units in it by default, which is where VBS shines (the unit list).
    Last edited by RicoADF; Nov 9 2010 at 09:08.

So wait wolle, how did you get your copy? Also, is there online for you?

Quote Originally Posted by W0lle View Post
    Please contact Sales dept. and request the actual price for the Personal Edition from there.
    My last info about for VBS Personal Edition (from 07/02/2010):
    VBS2 Personal Edition is AUD 819.00 (approx 575 euros) including postage and packing.

Quote Originally Posted by RicoADF View Post
    The only stuff VBS has that ArmA doesn't is AAR (After Action Review) and another training tool I can't remember.
    I believe there are also significant differences with respect to the MP/LAN frameworks. Also, things like the real-time 3d editor, so the trainer can tweak the scenario as it is being played. Also, the tools are more robust, for the most part.

I think most of the things that VBS is used for can be re-created in A2, but with a longer work cycle, and with some workarounds.

Plus, A2 is just more fun.

Page 2 of 109 FirstFirst 1234561252102 ... LastLast