Page 1 of 32 1234511 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Developer post in this thread.  

Thread: maps under construction:

maps under construction:

Hi, i'm interested in knowing how much peoples are actually working on a map project, and what stage the map is currently on.
    This can help understanding who is facing the same situation and maybe have more awareness of how all questions placed on this forum will actually becomes solid islands:

Shezan74:
    Fallujah beta released, actually at final refinements / bugfixing
    Spritz island released, small enhancements and fixes, working on a new release
    New island, currently on terrain stage

jens198:

• Ft. Benning - US Army Infantry School
      Represents the Malone Rifle Ranges. Forest, Roads, Buildings completed.
      Recently I started a custom building set for the local MOUT area.
    • Ft. Irwin - US Army National Training Center (NTC)
      Basics of map complete. Awaits road network, several MOUT sites.
    • Ft. Knox - US Army Armor School
      Basics of map complete. Currently not in work.
    Last edited by jens198; Nov 7 2010 at 13:42.

Good idea for a thread.
    Maybe roll the latest info into your first post, if this thread gets a little long.

Sands: Beta released
    Looking to go back to L3DT and make the landscape a little more interesting.
    Then add a small amount of towns (OA style), some rocks, and some very very long roads

Waves: Beta released
    (its actually "Sands", but lowered into the sea )
    Again, looking to go back to L3DT and make the landscape a little more interesting.
    Add a few ports, forests, towns and airstrips.

Retired Member
    DampetDK / MugAben

Favslev, Denmark. Started out as 5120x5120 map, now 10240x10240. 20% "done".

Mana Island
    A small island project soon to be released.

Bowen Island
    Currently just a 15360x15360 terrain which I am tweaking. On back burner.

South Ossetia
    A 10240x10240 Terrain with satellite image, roads and forests complete. Is boasting to be a tough project. On back burner, for now.

Masahet Island
    A 5120x5120 terrain with satellite image that needs to be redone. Stuffed in the freezer since my stove is too full. :P

"TheIsland"
    I'm not going to reveal much at this point. Just an idea with a terrain partially cut out of the sea and a layout plan.

Kwajamulk
    A project that was born of my now dead kandahar project. Terrain with satellite image that includes a river. Terrain needs to be redone.
    - Prowler
    PLR|Dslyecxi.com Visitor³ ->

As yet unnamed project:

It's a 102km X 102km world... Terrain is made, sat image is being tweaked and I'm getting frustrated with the buggy unintuitive tool that is Visitor3 Soon to be featured in a WIP thread.
    I refuse to enter into a battle of wits with you. It's against the rules of engagement to attack someone who is unarmed.

Island Cicada:

a 10*10km fictional Island that is almost completed
    http://forums.bistudio.com/showthrea...96#post1747096
    Last edited by Commander1985; Mar 3 2011 at 02:54.

Great topic Shezan, this may work as an index for other Map/Producer specific topics.

I´m currently working on 2 projects:

- Afghanistan Triangle of Death (Helmand Province), comprising Kajaki, Musa Qaleh, Now Zad, Sangin, Gorak and maybe Gereshk. The map is compressed into a 20x20km square.

I´m currently trying to solve the "river on slope" problem. So I´m basically still on Heightmap development. I´ve already have the sat map geo cropped and ready to use.

-Southeast Lebanon and Golan Heights. Thats where the latests Israel-Lebanon war took place. I´ve got some hi-res heightmaps but still looking for sat images.

Island Lingor - done, release very soon when final tests are complete. 5 month long project...

Island Massacra - map project for Project RACS mod. A island not far away from Sahrani... status: alpha.
    IceBreakr, C/O [SBP] - Slovenian Black Panthers (www.vojak.si)

Don't book a trip to Altis. There are no women living there at all! #Arma3Tips
    Update 8/26/2014: SBP will soon test out new maps for A3, including long anticipated Balkania

In my sig old pics though
    ..terrain,terrain,terrain.

Page 1 of 32 1234511 ... LastLast