Page 1 of 15 1234511 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Developer post in this thread.  

Thread: ShackTac Movement addons

Cool ShackTac Movement addons

Introducing the ShackTac Movement addons, by Rg

If you've ever hung up in a doorway, on a tree, or generally found yourself falling all over yourself in close-quarters movement, you're going to get a kick out of this. "ST Movement" is a set of two tiny addons that bring a welcome change to your ArmA2 movement model.

The first, st_collision, is based on an addon concept by Rocko and Kju from the ArmA1 days, redone in ArmA2 by Rg. This addon causes your weapon collision with the environment to be significantly toned down, meaning that you can now move sideways through doorways and generally find CQB to be enjoyable, versus feel like a rusted robot trying to navigate a terrifying alien world called 'indoors'. Try it out and see, it's simple and very noticeable.

The second may or may not be a big deal, depending on how you move around in ArmA2. There is a combination of keys in A2 that, for reasons unknown, triggers you into a several-second-long evasive-sideways animation. Personally, this used to get me in trouble (or killed) frequently. The st_evasive addon simply removes this animation from the player's movement system, preventing any key combination from accidentally triggering it.

Both addons can be seen in video form here:

File mirrors/sites: Please do not mirror this addon. The above link can be shared instead; it's a 3KB addon set, after all.
    Last edited by Dslyecxi; Aug 25 2012 at 21:46.

Awesome, thank you. Will try these out

// fragOut Studio

Nice one but I think you should include a key/signature specific to this mod as I assume adding shacktac.bikey to our server would mean we'd be permitting the ST HUD mod also?

I'd always wondered what was up with the slow sidestepping move, good to know I wasn't the only one. These should come in useful.

The "st_collision" may cause any side effect like clipping issues or "firing throught walls" ? Or is a win-win situation?

Just by watching the video the game seems a lot more smother. Kudos.

A very small addition, with a very big outcome, Nice One on thinking this up

My Releases:
    ArmA 2 CO: Jackal Two Nine || US Army '09 Replacements || Marsoc Marines Replacement Coming Soon...
    Skyrim: Jormungandr || Poison Blade (HD) || Poison Blade (Lighter Blade - HD)
    ArmA 3: VIPRR A-TACS

This is really great. Thanks for sharing this with everyone.

Master Gunnery Sergeant Dslyecxi's Avatar
    Author of the Thread
    Quote Originally Posted by Smurfbr View Post
    The "st_collision" may cause any side effect like clipping issues or "firing throught walls" ? Or is a win-win situation?

Just by watching the video the game seems a lot more smother. Kudos.
    The A2 weapons fire from the chamber, not the muzzle, so while you can stick the muzzle into/through thin walls in theory, you can't shoot through them, due to the chamber still being on the 'correct' side of the wall. So, no, you should not see any exploits like that, to the best of my knowledge based on having played with it for awhile now.

Awesome nice job lads the side step animation really annoys me will test asap

Thumbs up

nice. usually i have had to walk straight out, then turn, only to be shot ...
    thanks

Page 1 of 15 1234511 ... LastLast