Sign in to follow this  
zuff

Running ArmA 2 + OA + Beta in Steam

I know there are countless threads on this, but I'm still confused.

I've downloaded the latest patch from the beta page and installed it.

In steam I've added:

"-mod=Expansion\beta;Expansion\beta\Expansion -nosplash -world=empty -skipintro"

Then I right-click on Arrowhead and launch Combined Arms and the game seems to load the beta patch fine, except my version numbers are no where near what I was getting when running the beta shortcut out of the Arrowhead folder manually.

Am I doing something wrong? I can join a few servers when running CA out of steam and they are thinly populated. Are there just not many servers supporting the beta version or what?

Thanks in advance, I'm giving myself a headache here.

Yup that's because the last beta patch changed the game to 1.55 instead of 1.54. It's necessary due to one of the changes to the VON system iirc.

Yup that's because the last beta patch changed the game to 1.55 instead of 1.54. It's necessary due to one of the changes to the VON system iirc.

Well not running the latest beta, there were still only 4 green compatible servers, the others were yellow but they were heavy populated.

Am I missing something because there were about 50 servers that had yellow circles beside them.

no, that's atm proper behaviour, any slight change means the server will show as yellow

we are looking into another server layer of 'green with question mark' but no ETA atm.

A tooltip on what it means might be good. Although I think they are only supported by buttons atm. Yeah, that was a shameless excuse to request increase tooltip support, which I need :p