Sign in to follow this  
f2f_bho

W.I.P US C.L.S (Combat Logistics Support)Vehicle Pack

The F2F Has been working hard on introducing some Combat Log and support vehicles to the game.. our pack is actually in line with several others out, and also in a WIP status.... We hope to finish and deliver the following:

M1070 H.E.T/M1000-Trailer- to remove battle damaged armor.

M1025 HMMV/w M242 Bushmaster.

RIM-116 Rolling airframe missile launcher.

and a M104 Wolverine HEB..

Well after several months this small project has ballooned into a major mod,

it currently is incorporating (1) training Island, hinting around 20 vehicles, some structures and various odds and ends and lastly some modified scripts from throughout the community.

Was asked to move these to the front page. so i will be adding them in the first few threads.....

Ch53E super stallion:

th_Color_render5.jpg

===

th_Color_render4.jpg

==

Sgt flyers Pimped out Lcac

ScreenHunter_05Dec111127.gif

==

M104 Wolverine AVLB

Final_M104Clayrender.jpg

==

M1070 HET

th_HET2.png

Edited by F2F_BHO
organizing

really nice i love it ! but is it possible to make the bridge workable ?

we will see, it has alot of small movements, but we may have to use script and different models not sure how this is gonna go , all we can do is give it a go ...

Gen purpose hangers for C-130 fleet

Gen_Purp_Hanger1.jpg

Edited by F2F_BHO

Wow, this is the best thing since sliced bread.

Seriously, there's no limit on how much I am looking forward to this.

Been wanting a HEMMTT for quite awhile now.

The bridge builder can be animated in a way that the 2 parts slide on top of eachother

then at end, they both come level and together make one long bridge part

Not like the Old Centurion bridge builder tank that takes the bridge strait in the air and drop it down, u see that thing from miles away lol old fashion

No, the leopard 1A4 or better bridge builder tank in the Engineers section does the same

Thing, i seen them in action, so the 2 parts slide on top of each other then klicks in way of saying together then it gets rolled fordward to be droped and used as bridge :)

should be kinda easy, i hope it will be active soon :)

And a Blade in front of it would be handy for airfield repairs so u can dozer crapp wrecks away from landing strip, remove roadblocks and things :)

Good luck with it :) i'l be watching ya !

wow.

veeeery much looking forward to this! thanks for making this totaly neglected aspect of the game, I mean everybody is making superduper tanks, ships guns (nothing wrong with that)...but only a few make the things that keeps them shooting in real life.

good luck with your addons guys!

Looking very good.

Similar testing on not too dissimilar projects of my own indicates that you should be able to get the bridgelayer to work..

Its a pity there not many maps with decent places that need bridges (yet).

wow...this is alsome and i can see a thousand ways these can be used! hope to see them in action soon!

Dave,

So... do you have permission to use De Espona's HEMTT model? Don't bother denying it, I have his model on my computer, and when I compared the model/it's textures to "your" model it looks the exact same, down to the unit numbers on it and the saying on the door.

Wouldn't it be better to ask De Espona that? Or notify him at least so he can cause the stir? Unless you did of course, I don't see the reason to automatically go on an attack run on someone who might be innocent? Benefit of the doubt and all that...

If it comes down to it I will send an email to De Espona. I reacted like I did because there was no mention of them using his model, or any model they didn't create themselves. Since everything I have seen refers to the hemtt as their project, it's not really going out on a limb to say they had no intention of listing the actual creator.

Roger that. Could it be this one? It could be theft, I know. But why always assume the worst first, and why does it have to be made in public? In my country I'm used to "innocent until proven guilty". Not so much on these forums.

I don't know, maybe I'm overreacting, but I'm getting a bit tired of reading this sort of thing all the time. It's the kind of thing I was talking about in my first post in that other thread (you know which one I refer to).

Yes, that would be the model I was refering to. I have the texture files from the De Espona model that clearly show the same exact same unit markings etc. as their model.

I may have overreacted as well, but I am getting tired of people ripping off models without permission/without even trying to contact or find the author.

Edited by Darkhorse 1-6

I thought it looked familiar but couldn't conclusively tell from the picture of DeEspona's model. I looked it up yday and noticed the door texture and wheels that looked the same.

Oh well he could still have permission or get it. I mean if PRACS can use the models why can't he? The dude never mentioned that he made the HEMTT himself (although he didnt mention that he didnt either which is not cool).

but yeh: http://forums.bistudio.com/showpost.php?p=1745816&postcount=27

I have serious doubts we will ever see it in game....ever.

On a side note @ DH, what does PRACS need with DeEspona? They are beautiful models, but out of scale, sometimes wrong shape and generaly "not" game material.

He could even have bought it. Shapewise I think most of us would have believed it, and generally I guess it's easier to reduce polys than increase them and get it right:p

@DH: What I mean is that even if he breaks §20, it doesn't justify you, me, or anyone else breaking §17 ;) You do read rules don't you? :D Sorry, that was irresistible, hehe...

just to answer a few questions on my integrity , i bought a couple of these models, made a couple myself, bottom line is i BOUGHT them, they belong to me and probably a million other people in the world, i can pretty much change it to my liking,there wasn't a clause that said i couldn't use them how i deem fit and i never said i wasn't going to give the creators of certain models credit.. for their effort and good work.. some of you guys are the reason there isn't any decent content out.. you kill it before it ever gets done with all the jaw jacking.... Chill out, mind yours and not everyone else's, say kudos and good luck or nothing... Jesus like a bunch of kids telling on each other....

---------- Post added at 10:04 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:55 AM ----------

I thought it looked familiar but couldn't conclusively tell from the picture of DeEspona's model. I looked it up yday and noticed the door texture and wheels that looked the same.

Oh well he could still have permission or get it. I mean if PRACS can use the models why can't he? The dude never mentioned that he made the HEMTT himself (although he didnt mention that he didnt either which is not cool).

but yeh: http://forums.bistudio.com/showpost.php?p=1745816&postcount=27

I have serious doubts we will ever see it in game....ever.

On a side note @ DH, what does PRACS need with DeEspona? They are beautiful models, but out of scale, sometimes wrong shape and generaly "not" game material.

Proxies are made for, yeah we figured that out and yah sooner or later it will be in game...... and usable man i thought you of all the folks in here would be more supportive of new content for the game guess i was wrong...

Edited by F2F_BHO

just to answer a few questions on my integrity , i bought a couple of these models, made a couple myself, bottom line is i BOUGHT them, they belong to me and probably a million other people in the world, i can pretty much change it to my liking,there wasn't a clause that said i couldn't use them how i deem fit and i never said i wasn't going to give the creators of certain models credit.. for their effort and good work.. some of you guys are the reason there isn't any decent content out.. you kill it before it ever gets done with all the jaw jacking.... Chill out, mind yours and not everyone else's, say kudos and good luck or nothing... Jesus like a bunch of kids telling on each other....

---------- Post added at 10:04 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:55 AM ----------

Proxies are made for, yeah we figured that out and yah sooner or later it will be in game...... and usable man i thought you of all the folks in here would be more supportive of new content for the game guess i was wrong...

If you bought it, it doesnt bother me, go ahead and do whatever you like :) I do support new content, but I also support full transparency, so if you would have sated in your first post "oh yeh btw, before anyone says anything, the models are deespona commercial models" would have avoided any misunderstanding to begin with.

As for proxies. True, proxies can help, but not in case of 100k models, maybe if just over the vertex count too big error. Putting aside the large polycount, if your model is made up of many proxies, you run into trouble with things like damage and hiddenselections. Since you cannot change the material codewise on the proxies, you stuck with two options for the damage: either hide the proxies when damage is 100% but if you have many proxies that would basically leave nothing of the damaged model, or hide the proxies and replace them with proxies of damaged versions of the original proxies (see BIS wheeled APC vehicles), also not good since you end up with 2x polies.

hey i support the addon too bro, but like many of us feel, if this wasnt ligit then we dont get to use it! but thankfully you so far(or atleast from what you say) or good to go, so i cant wait to see this wonderful addon!

good luck and hope to see this addon see the light of day....or nite, after all there is nite time convoy attacks too..but you know what i mean! lol

Dave,