Sign in to follow this  
jw custom

co08 - Operation Dawn Breaker (Unsung / MBG Nam / African Foliage)

co08 - Operation Dawn Breaker

KlgfyS6uW7s

Changelog:

v1.0

-Initial release

v1.1

-Added artillery support

-Fixed several script errors

-Replaced USPS script with UPS script

v1.2

-Removed UPS tracking parameter( oops :p )

Info:

• Uses revive script
  • Artillery support available every 5 min
  • To call in artillery support you need to be within 3m of your Radio Telephone Operator.
  • You can't call in artillery support on targets further than 300m of your own position.

Required addons:

The Unsung Mod

MBG Nam

African Foliage

Situation:

Bravo team is airlifted to LZ Fiona from where they'll setup a patrol route to checkpoint X-ray.

At checkpoint X-ray Bravo team will prepare and initiate a assault on

Bac Hoang. When Bac Hoang is under control the team will try recover intell and then proceed to extraction point.

Download v1.2 from filefactory:

-> co08 - Operation Dawn Breaker

Download v1.2 from Armaholic:

-> co08 - Operation Dawn Breaker

There's placed quite a few traps but they have been carefully placed so that you'll be able to see them if your looking for them and not running. It would be a good idea to assign someone to look for traps while the rest looks for the enemy!

Edited by JW Custom

Mission updated.

v1.2

-Removed UPS tracking parameter( oops :p )

v1.1

-Added artillery support

-Fixed several script errors

-Replaced USPS script with UPS script

Edited by JW Custom

Came to post that Ai markers were still showing in veteran, see You've already fixed that. Great tough mission btw, enjoying the extreme toughness of the map, probably needs to be played on regular as veteran would be impossible, even with the markers showing, We could be right on top of an Ai and still not see him. Is it actually possible to see the tripwires?

We encountered a bug however, when one of us joined in progress just before we got to extraction, He spawned in the chopper 3000m from the team leader, then later the extraction didn't work.

Came to post that Ai markers were still showing in veteran, see You've already fixed that. Great tough mission btw, enjoying the extreme toughness of the map, probably needs to be played on regular as veteran would be impossible, even with the markers showing, We could be right on top of an Ai and still not see him. Is it actually possible to see the tripwires?

We encountered a bug however, when one of us joined in progress just before we got to extraction, He spawned in the chopper 3000m from the team leader, then later the extraction didn't work.

The mission is only as tough as one wants it to be, you can adjust enemies skills & precision in your profile.

I have no problem seeing AI, but of course if you don't have adjusted the enemy AI skills/precision they'll almost always see and shoot at you first.

I have adjusted my settings so when enemy AI see me first they far from always hit me on the first rounds which gives me time to take cover and shoot back.

If your running through the map to complete as fast as possible then yes it's impossible to see the tripwires. Your meant to be walking on a patrol. Also it doesn't always pay off to walk in a direct line to the objective.

Not sure what happened with the JIP, to JIP you must have the AI playing along with you. Don't think you can JIP with the AI disabled. Well everybody alive needs to be in the extraction zone to end the mission :)

Thanks for the feed back :)

*** EDIT ***

I think i know what might could have caused the spawn issue :o

Edited by JW Custom

Yes, We had Ai disabled which probably caused the spawn bug. He was having game problems and had to restart the game and JIP.

We always play on veteran, but I feel this map is too difficult for veteran, lots harder than Chernarus or Pantera.

Love the added vietcong chatter and death screams, really adds to the mission.

Yes, We had Ai disabled which probably caused the spawn bug. He was having game problems and had to restart the game and JIP.

Thats what i find weird, i don't think you should be able to JIP when you manually disable AI in the lobby.

We always play on veteran, but I feel this map is too difficult for veteran, lots harder than Chernarus or Pantera.

Love the added vietcong chatter and death screams, really adds to the mission.

Yes it is harder playing on a map where visibility is low. I normally never play with crosshair on and group HUD info on but i've found that and also adjusting the enemys precision really makes it a lot more interesting. Now you hear bullets whizzling over your head instead of always penetrating your body :)

This is something you might wanna think about doing on such maps aswell to increase playability.