Sign in to follow this  
telmojc

Arma 2 operation arrowhead

hi

i have arma 2 operation arrowhead installed in my pc, i installed it without having arma 2(without being in the mode of expansion but as a lone game)

the game is great but something weird is happening i can play the armory mode just fine but when i got into campaign arma just crashes evry 5 min , it very wierd because i cant play armory just fine but campaingn no, and i want to play the campaingn because its funnier

my spec are

graphics ati radeon hd 5165

cpu intel core i3 330m 2.20ghz

ram 4gb

its a toshiba l505-13e laptop

os windows 7

anyone can tell me why i cant play campaign if there any way to fix this?

i tried to run the game as administrator, puted in compatibility mode with xp sp3 , disabled my antivirus but it still crashes

Have you patched ArmA2OA to latest available version?

If not, do it (if you downloaded the game from STEAM, do not use this patch, instead update it via STEAM).

Are you using "HyperMemory"? if yes, try without.

That's all i can think of now, sorry.

yes i have the latest version

how i disable hyper memory?

I don't know exactly, but it should be somewhere in the BIOS.

If you don't know by yourself, then i suggest you check your manual, or wait for more replies here from people who knows - better than messing with your BIOS settings without much knowledge what to do.

btw. do you think your OS is ok, no problems?

Any other games you are playing? (any problems there?)

What about overheating? is your fan working properly? isn't your computer full of dust?

Have you tried running ArmA2OA on the lowest details? just to see if you still have crashes?

---------- Post added at 20:34 ---------- Previous post was at 20:22 ----------

Oh, and next time before posting, try to come up with some more descriptive post title than "Arma 2 operation arrowhead".

Not only posting like this is against forum rules, but better title will also help you to bring in more people who either understand such topic or are also interested in it.

thx for replying so quick

my laptop is 3 months old so it s pretty much without any problem, i've played call of duty modern warfare 2 with maximum settings and it run fine i dint even had to put the laptop on high performance, my os is working just fine the only game i had crashes on was splinter cell conviction but that one was because my graphics card was not supported, as i was awsering this post i checked my fan holes no dust there the fan is working fine i never had overheating problems and with this new toshiba software i would be warned right away if something overheated, so its a realy weird case, the weirdest thing is that the armory works just fine

i am currently playing with video related thing on high but im gonna downgrade a bit too see what happens, but how come the campaingn would need more graphics than the armory?:confused:

Well, you never know - i did not mean the campaign needs "more graphics" than armory,

but for example it could be because some kind of effect, or model that is used in the campaign but not in the armory

- and it could be also related to you video card drivers, maybe they cause the crash when the game tries to display this "something".

I really have no idea, so i am just guessing.

Also, it might be something related to the fact you have OA alone (without ArmA2), i would think that most people who got OA also already have ArmA2, so MAYBE there is some bug related to the fact you have only OA.

How exactly the crash happens?

Only the game crashes, or do you get a BSOD?

And i forgot - there should be a file named "arma2oa.RPT" somewhere in your user's directory, or maybe in your game installation directory (try to search for it), which may contain some error messages which could help.

Edited by 5133p39

no its not bsod it just crashes and it says that the pprogram is not responding

didnt find the file u said

i got a friend who has arma 2 im gonna borow it too see if it works when i intall it as an expansion

thx anyways