Sign in to follow this  
danny96

British armed forces question

Is there any way to disable BAF Lite ?

I hate the lite version, It's low quality and i don't wanna pay for bad DLC's. It's very expansive (10$ for this...). Mods are better than this bad DLC. (ACE mod is free and It's better than the BIG expansion)

Of course it's very expansive! It expands quite a long on the Armaverse for its size! It adds all the BAF units along with some PMCs, a new island, and new SP & MP content! All for just $10!

No, there is no way to disable it. Why would you want to? At least with it you can play missions in both SP & MP using Brit units. You just don't want to play those at all?

Edited by Zipper5

british units are very s**t quality and there are no new missions in lite

You realize BAF Lite is deliberately lower quality because 1) they're placeholder units for when you buy the DLC and 2) they're free? :rolleyes:

Most missions using the BAF DLC should work with BAF Lite.

yes, but I paid more than 100$ for ARMA II and OA and I cannot get these "littlepacks" for free?

No, you cannot. [/thread]

ph34r.gif

Edited by Daniel

No, you can't, and being the one complainer about it won't make it change. ;)

Edit: Ninja'd by Daniel.

Edited by Zipper5
Ninja'd

yes, but I paid more than 100$ for ARMA II and OA and I cannot get these "littlepacks" for free?

If you payed more than $100 for A2 + OA then you were swindled my friend.

british units are very s**t quality and there are no new missions in lite

How can you call this: http://img243.imageshack.us/i/arma2oa2010102319231160.jpg/

Low Quality...?

BAF adds 25 x 3 new Units, a Warrior APC in two variations, two types of Jackal and Landrovers in also two variations, as well as four Helicopters of which two are unique to BAF. Then it adds nine new SP Missions, and a whole new campaign. For 10 bucks, that´s probably the best value for money you get with ANY game.

And still, BIS is so nice to provide you with all BAF content apart from the missions for free in a low quality variant. I don´t know what you´re complaining about.

BAF DLC isn't expensive. You get very good value for 10$, 9€, 8£ ... New units, new map, small campaign and a bunch of really great missions. And when you paid more than 100$ for Arma 2 + OA then you did something wrong. Arma was ~45€ for me, OA 25€...

BAF LITE is imo great for multiplayer. Would be much worse if you couldn't play on BAF servers without BAF.

Edited by Derbysieger

Guys, it's expensive. Expansive has a totally different meaning, which I poked fun at in my first post. :p

Dude you didn't pay anything for BAF lite, you get that for free, think of it as a demo, if you like what you see in low res you can pay 10 bucks for the regular thing. Not many devs let you try DLC before you buy it.

This thread is just full of FPDR.

It's making me angry.

I have this idea in the back of my mind that we may have been successfully trolled... :butbut:

And when you paid more than 100$ for Arma 2 + OA then you did something wrong. Arma was ~45€ for me, OA 25€...

70€ is about $98...

Idiots will be idiots :j:

Surely TOP can't be insinuating that 10$ gives him only missions to run with the BAF lite troops?

Your boss pays you for X hours of work in a week, shouldn't you be willing to do 4 or 5 more for free? No? Didn't think so.

BiS could make a title that has a full US/USMC/USAF/NATO + Huge OPFOR roster, but the $100-150 price tag would scare off the casual customer who might purchase it. Yet, there will always be some who think if they then released 10 DLCs to bring it to that point, "They should be free, I already bought the game!!!!1!"

Edited by Baron von Beer

Your boss pays you for X hours of work in a week, shouldn't you be willing to do 4 or 5 more for free? No? Didn't think so.

BiS could make a title that has a full US/USMC/USAF/NATO + Huge OPFOR roster, but the $100-150 price tag would scare off the casual customer who might purchase it. Yet, there will always be some who think if they then released 10 DLCs to bring it to that point, "They should be free, I already bought the game!!!!1!"

I think the DLC arrangement is awesome. You can choose which factions you want, you don't need anything you're not interested in, you don't have to pay a billion dollars for all the worlds' armies... BIS gets monetary support for the hard work they and their satellite companies do, the brand and the armaversum get expanded. It's cool.

I don't know many game franchises as well as I know this one, but I don't know of another one that has its own viral news network for its fans. On the one hand it serves as marketing, but still, I think it's a treat. You get armies or other things you're interested in plus context on how they fit into the game world if you want it to make your own missions that fit into the armaversum. BIS does a lot to deserve 10 bucks a pop.

Edited by Max Power

I am usually pretty critical if there is a valid reason to critic, but complaining about the BAF light isnt valid, I think. Regardless of the DLC itself. BAF lite is the reason you are even able to complain about seeing them on "whatever" server you where on because if it wasnt for BAF light you would have gotten a error kicking you from the server.

The DLC "light" for multiplayer is a smart move in my eyes.

I actually wished more companies did it that way.

I've seen the same person complaining about BAF DLC in other threads. No need to start your own thread to complain about it when you have already complained in all the other DLC threads... FPDR

In before the lock... Also, if you paid more than $100 for Arma2 and OA then you have made some really bad choices of retailers.

The following quote seems appropriate:

I'd facepalm and LOL at the same time, but I don't want to punch my own teeth.

Questions about BAF DLC belong in the BAF DLC thread.