Sign in to follow this  
Cyper

Updating my computer for Arma2

Hi there,

I have recently seriously started to think about updating my computer for arma2. Problem is, I don't know exactly what I need to update in order to run arma2 smooth, on highest settings on everything.

Operating system: Windows 7 Ultimate 2-bit (6.1, Build 7100)

Processor: AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 4100+ (2CPUs,) ~2.2GHz

Graphiccard: GeForce 8600 GT

Memory 2048MB RAM

DirectX version: DirectX 11

Please help me out guys.

Highest setting on everything? Well, pretty easy on that: take the most expensive CPU, GPU, Ram, Motherboard, SSD drives you can find and you're good to go.

And no, i'm not being sarcastic. If you want to go for not less than anything maxed out to the limit, this is the only way. Oh and don't forget to add a performant cooling since i guess you will still have to overclock the CPU to reach this goal.

If you could live with something less than all maxed out then this thread might be of interest for you: http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=72181

CPU and graphics card, def your GPU as its low end, but ya what Myke said to max out on any island/mission.

Cyper, I am not really familiar with AMD CPUs and how powerful yours is, but you will have to stay with the AMD chips unless you want to change motherboard.

Your graphics card is a low-end nowadays, so look into that first.

Yep wrong place for this but you need intel i7 probably overclocked , gtx480 at least 6gb of ddr3 ram and a solid state drive to achieve what you want.

Also you need the 64bit version of windows. I'm presuming that "2-bit" actually means "32 bit"