Sign in to follow this  
red oct

What would the value be for a authentic .....

my uncle owns a WWII era Luger that belonged to a Officier, with it came a leather holster and under the flap on it, written in ink is the name of the officier that the luger and the leather holster belonged to, both the gun and the holster are in good condition from what my dad told me. (i havent exactly seen the gun) so what would be the value of this pistol and holster, im hoping if i do enough ass kissing to my uncle that he'll maybe give it to me smile.gif

if you get it, instead of selling it, save it and keep it well as your future retirement plan

O i dont wana sell it. finding mint condition WWII weapons is hard as hell to find at a reasonable price. i just want it cuzz it may eventually become priceless

this thread reminds me of a kitchen knife my mom had. it was made in 1945. don't know how the heck it ended up in our kitchen.

a friend of mine own a japanese sword, authentic one, that is about 300 years old..i think he paid a shitload of amount for that.

German Lugers from WW2 are not that expensive. You can get one in good condition for $500-1000.

sweet. i know somebody that collect foriegn rifles. he has like maouzers and italian and serbian weapons and all other stuff

WW2 weapons have a varying price that depends on their condition. A Lee Enfield Mk4 can be had for about $300 to $400 Canadian, depending on the condition. I am planning on starting a collection of WW2 rifles.

On my list:

-Lee-Enfeild Mk4

-M-1 Garand

-Mauser KAR-98k

-Mosin Nagant

If I were you, I'd keep that Luger.

Tyler

"If I were you, I'd keep that Luger."

thats the problem i dont have it my uncle does sad.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">thats the problem i dont have it my uncle does<span id='postcolor'>

Well, make sure you get it then. biggrin.gif

i made a mistake, it wasnt a WWII pistol it was WWI.

maybe now the value will go up?

smile.gif

Take it to the antique road show.

They know all.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (IceFire @ May 10 2002,21:28)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Take it to the antique road show.

They know all.<span id='postcolor'>

They think they know all.

I'm sure they are experts at assessing the value of antique furniture, paintings, and other knick-knacks, but I wouldn't trust them with figuring out the value of an old Luger (or whatever the pistol at hand turns out to be). Nor would I recommend taking a functional firearm to a public event.

The NRA can actually appraise the pistol, but you could also go to GunsAmerica.com and check under the "Luger Pistols" or "Military Pistols: Non-US" sections to see if something there resembles the pistol at hand -- it would give you a rough idea of its worth. Keep in mind that having the original holster with it will increase its value.

Get your pistol appraised by either a popular gun magazine or a reputable gun dealer. Denoir how would you know? You can't own guns. tounge.gif

If it is in good condition it could be worth a good sum. I suggest that you keep it. The older it gets, the more rare it will become. We have a Waffen SS dagger that my grandfather (a grunt in the 3rd I.D.) pulled off of a Nazi troop that he killed. We will never sell it. It is too valuable a momento from a soldier that surivived campaigns in Africa, Italy, France, and Germany. My grandfather received 5 purple hearts in WWII and still saw it through until the end. I don't know how he survived it all.

what was the cal. of WWI era Lugers? anyone know? i gota get to sleep its 1wow.gif0 am over here

My grandfather shot a nazi and grabbed his medal/badge thing and a pistol, he was some sort of officer from what i can tell by examing the badge thing,hes pretty sure that the nazi that he killed was the same one that put the bullet hole in his helmet. The helmet that he was wearing has a bullet hole going in the back right side and coming out the back left. Ive examined this helmet, and all but 1 or 2 mm the back strap was shreded by the bullet, so if it had been a few milimeters closer to his head, he'd've been a goner. This all happend in the Battle of the Buldge.

o and he also received 2 purple hearts, one in france, and one in africa.

my great uncle was killed by nazis in france

and my other grandfather was also in world war 2, he was in the artillery and his job was to receive the corridantes for the 115 howitzers, and tell the gunners where to fire. He was then drafted into the OSS, i dont know what that stands for, but it later became the CIA, and he was in the CIA during vietnam, and did numerous special operations there. He still has an ak47, and quite a bit of ammo from what hes told me.

my dad also got out of being drafted numerous times to vietnam, because of his father being in the CIA.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (USSoldier11B @ May 11 2002,07:16)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Get your pistol appraised by either a popular gun magazine or a reputable gun dealer. Denoir how would you know? You can't own guns. tounge.gif

If it is in good condition it could be worth a good sum. I suggest that you keep it. The older it gets, the more rare it will become. We have a Waffen SS dagger that my grandfather (a grunt in the 3rd I.D.) pulled off of a Nazi troop that he killed. We will never sell it. It is too valuable a momento from a soldier that surivived campaigns in Africa, Italy, France, and Germany. My grandfather received 5 purple hearts in WWII and still saw it through until the end. I don't know how he survived it all.<span id='postcolor'>

thats how we got the luger, my great uncle took it from the corpse of a dead officier in WWI and decided to bring it back, after he passed away, it went to my great aunt. but my uncle asked first so he now got it before my dad managed to get it. should i ever see him i see if he'll let me have it. and OSS stands for Office of Secrete Service Timmy smile.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">what was the cal. of WWI era Lugers?<span id='postcolor'>

9mm Parabellum, same as WW2.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Denoir how would you know? You can't own guns. <span id='postcolor'>

You must have missed the same post I did wink.gif

He is a member of a gun club and does own guns.

Strange...but I find myself agreeing more with the pinko eropean (Denoir) than I do with Mr Assault(CAN) biggrin.gif

Holy shit! You are allowed to take weapons or medals off of dead enemies?

I thought the countries get all their stuff back after the war!

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Strange...but I find myself agreeing more with the pinko eropean (Denoir) than I do with Mr Assault(CAN)<span id='postcolor'>

So you don't think WW1 era Lugers were chambered for 9mm parabellum? biggrin.gif

In a few years, when I'm old enough to own guns (and a member of a gun club of some sort, because I don't think you can own a gun without being in a special club in Europe) I'm going to start a WWII gun collection too. The first thing that'll be in there is an Mg42 smile.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Snoopy @ May 11 2002,08:44)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">they sell mausers here for under $100<span id='postcolor'>

over here i heard that there is gona be a reproduction of the M1, but its gona be like $1,200 quite expensive.

at Big 5 sporting goods store, they sometimes sell Mosin Nagant for 70 bucks. tounge.gif