Sign in to follow this  
stilpu

Discussion to announcement of ARMA 2: Private Military Company (ARMA 2: PMC)

What is your stance on this DLC?  

12 members have voted

1. 1. What is your stance on this DLC?

• I'll buy it if it's paid.
    • I won't buy it if it's paid.
    • I'm interested, but will wait for more info.

Private Military Company on ArmA2 website

A brand new faction - Private Military Company - reports in and enlarges the already enormous scope of Arma.

One year after British and coalition armed forces successfully quelled the insurgent uprising in Takistan, the NATO Green Sea deployment is in the process of a strategic drawdown of its combat troops in the region. Private military contractors shoulder the burden of the increased workload, with competition rising between the multinational organisations for lucrative security contracts. Private Military Company, ION, Inc. (formerly Black Element), successfully bid for a contract - codenamed Black Gauntlet - to provide security for a UN investigation team as they seek to piece together information regarding Takistan's abandoned nuclear weapons programme...

Arma 2: PMC, a new addon for Arma 2: Operation Arrowhead, will feature:

• New playable faction - Private Military Company

• Original singleplayer campaign with strong storyline unfolding across more than ten missions

• Fully implemented 2 player co-op mode

• New map featuring abandoned wasteland style military weapons test range environment, built upon brand new models and textures

• Unique new character models

• Exotic new weapons (AA-12, fully modelled XM8 variants)

• Detailed new vehicles (Ka-60 'Kasatka', Armed Helicopter UAV, Armoured SUV)

• Numerous new engine updgrades, including full Shotgun Ballistics Modelling and in-game Video Playback

ME99BuDmY8I

Kinda generic name, coming 24th November, 2010 for GBP 7.99/EUR 8.99/USD 9.99

http://www.arma2.com/pmc

buyA2pmc-dvdbox.png

- One year after British and coalition armed forces successfully quelled the insurgent uprising in Takistan, the NATO Green Sea deployment is in the process of a strategic drawdown of combat troops in the region. Private military contractors shoulder the burden of the increased workload, with competition rising between the multinational organisations for lucrative security contracts. Private Military Company, ION, Inc. (formerly Black Element), successfully bid for a contract - codenamed Black Gauntlet - to provide security for a UN investigation team as they seek to piece together information regarding Takistan's abandoned nuclear weapons programme.

- The Arma 2: Private Military Company is the addon for Arma 2: Operation Arrowhead and/or Arma 2: Combined Operations. It can not be played seperately and does require the original game in order to be played.

- Features a new faction, the Ion PMC with more than ten story-based missions playable in 2-player co-op, new vehicles such as an armoured SUV, armed helicopter UAV and the Ka-60, new or modified weapons such as the AA-12 and XM8. Also features a "new" wasteland environment.

- Features important engine upgrades such as full shotgun ballistics simulation and in-game video playback.

- Out in November 2010 for OA or CO only.

ME99BuDmY8I

I'm really hoping the in-game video playback will be used for the Mavericks on the A-10, but I'm not getting my hopes up too much.

Edited by Hamm

I'm a bit reserved on this one. Campaign better have to be good, because PMC aren't my cup of tea. The trailer sounds interesting though.

I like how they tied everything plotwise so that it makes sense in the whole Armaverse, and not just "Let's make a new faction and campaign" out of the blue.

"More than 10 missions" sounds ok. It's probablly 10 real missions + 1 or 2 "cutscenes".

There's no mention of Czechs or BAF in summer Chernarus, despite the pics we already saw. Therefore I guess it's for another upcoming DLC (same as when we saw early pics of BAF or PMCs on AAN before Arrowhead's launch.)

BIS is certainly working hard to keep the game alive (betas and DLCs), so I'm probably going to get it just for that, but I don't feel the same entusiasm.

oooOOoooh, XM8. I'll buy it just for that, and the KA-60. :shine:

...in-game video playback.

And that. :)

Also features a "new" wasteland environment.

Sounds somewhat promising.

Private Military Company

Meh...:j:

Does the message at the end mean that BIS will need 6000-7000 units sold to continue the DLC-fest, or am i being pessimistic and interpreting it wrong?

including full Shotgun Ballistics Modelling

WIN!

I actually think this looks pretty good, could be a really good campaign. The voice acting seemed decent too!

all ok - as long the DLC comes for free...

if not its just another dlc i will not buy (like all buyable DLC ever released and ever will be released!)

I'm really hoping the in-game video playback will be used for the Mavericks on the A-10, but I'm not getting my hopes up too much.

I don't see where you get that from. It says "in-game video playback", nothing more.

It will be used for pre-rendered/live-action cutscenes I assume.

Does the message at the end mean that BIS will need 6000-7000 units sold to continue the DLC-fest, or am i being pessimistic and interpreting it wrong?

I don't think it'd be that hard for them to sell this much, and there's some more info on the in-game video playback:

More information about this feature will be made available soon. Essentially, you can take a video file and play it in game at any point. What you'd like to do with it, of course, is completely up to you..
I don't see where you get that from. It says "in-game video playback", nothing more.

I always thought the problem was that the A2 engine didn't support in-game video, but there's probably more to it than that.

A relevant interview:

http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2010/10/14/bis-on-private-military-company-for-arma-2/

Sounds good, except the

...in majority of these missions you’ll be just squad member, not leader....

bit. I hope the missions can be edited, so we can lead the teams, 'cause atm AI led teams are a sure way to get everyone killed.