Sign in to follow this  
callihn

Texview2 only opens .paa files I made

Title says it all, I can't open any .paa files that I didn't convert myself using Texview2.

Anyone have any ideal what the problem is?

Is there an alternative that does not involve Photoshop?

I tried downloading AlterTexView from the link on this page:

http://community.bistudio.com/wiki/ArmA:_Community_Tools

But the link is dead.

Edited by callihn

I seemed to have solved this by uninstalling and reinstalling it.

I am having this same problem. I may just be de-pboing the wrong files but not sure. I have tried all the files I can find. Including progamfiles(x86)/Valve/steamapps/common/arma 2/addons then from there. I also tried the pbo files in program files/bohemia interactive/arma 2/addons and so on. I have had no trouble de-pboing any of these. I am just not able to open most of the paa files with texview 2. I do not have photoshop. I use windows vista 64bit ultimate. I have tried haveing friends with different OS do it and to no avail. I have searched and searched through many posts. Even looked for a plugin for GIMP. I have ran texview 2 in admin and tried to even use it in xp version. No luck. Any help would be great. Or even a link to an answer would be nice. I am at my wits end. Thank you for your time.

nuke

P.S. I have tried several time uninstalling and reinstalling the latest versions.

the newest version of texview 2 can't open paa files created by the old version it seems. i just install the old version from bistools 2 package, convert all the paa files into tga files, then reinstall the new version.