Sign in to follow this  
Vasov

Arma 2 Demo - Error creating direct3D graphical engine

Hey everyone, new to the forums and first post.

I just installed the Arma 2 Demo on my new PC and I keep getting an "Error creating Direct3D Graphical Engine".

I'm running Win 7 32bit, nvidia 8800 GTS with 186.18 drivers, and I have downloaded and installed the latest DirectX 9. I'm also using nhancer 2.5.7 to control the GPU.

I'm not sure how to fix whatever is causing this error. I read something that said to change your screen resolution to your native resolution in the config file, but when I opened my config file there was no field to edit my resolution (unless I'm overlooking something obvious). This is all there is in my Arma 2 Demo config:

language="English";

adapter=-1;

3D_Performance=93750;

Resolution_Bpp=32;

I'm not sure if it's the 3D_Performance field i'm supposed to edit, and if so to what exactly.

Any help sorting out this error would be immensely appreciated. Really want to see how the demo plays on my new computer before buying the full game.

Hello,

If you search a little on the forum, you'll find a load of potentials answers.

Search form: url

Query: Error creating direct3D graphical engine

Upgraded driver to 195.xx and demo is playing, was also able to keep nhancer and still playing the demo. Demo runs great on new pc so ill beb pickingg up the full game soon.

Just an insight for you, the demo of course is not the current state of the game.

game has been patched quite a number of times fixing many issues, as you can see here:

http://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Category:Arma_2:_Patches_%26_Updates

there are many addons and mods to upgrade your game all of which you can download free.

I say this as sometimes people get the idea that the demo is the way the game is,

as if you run into errors, or problems whatever it may be.

just my 2 cents.