Sign in to follow this  
sgt_savage

The Unsung MOD (Vietnam War) Arma 2 Release

That should be more than enough juice to run the MOD. My machine's specs are a little different than yours... (quad core i7-860 2.8GHZ processors, 8GB PC3 10600 DDR3 SDRAM, 1GB DDR5 ATI Radeon HD 5770, 1TB HDD and Win7...

My FPS range is between 20-45... What are your video settings IN GAME?

That should be more than enough juice to run the MOD. My machine's specs are a little different than yours... (quad core i7-860 2.8GHZ processors, 8GB PC3 10600 DDR3 SDRAM, 1GB DDR5 ATI Radeon HD 5770, 1TB HDD and Win7...

My FPS range is between 20-45... What are your video settings IN GAME?

My average FPS is 33.

Other units are fine, without problems. Only some US units are the problem. It is playable, however, it is not ideal.

Another example - twelve groups of M-113 in the same place are fine, it must be caused by a specific unit or weapon..

Video settings:

Interface Resolution - 1280 x 1024

3D resolution - 2560 x 2048 (200%)

Texture Detail - normal

Video Memory - high

Anisotropic Filter - normal

Antialiasing - normal

Terrain Detail - normal

Objects Detail - normal

Shadows Detail - high

HDR quality - normal

Postprocess Effects - normal

Vsync - enabled

Edited by Drapka

hmmm Currently, the US units are MUCH more detailed than the VC/NVA counterparts. We are working on this for future releases.

Video settings:

Texture Detail - normal

Video Memory - normal

Anisotropic Filter - low

Antialiasing - normal

Terrain Detail - normal

Objects Detail - normal

Shadows Detail - normal (doesnt really pay to have high detailed shadows)

HDR quality - normal

Postprocess Effects - disabled

Vsync - enabled

Maybe this will help...

My average FPS is 33.

Interface Resolution - 1280 x 1024

3D resolution - 2560 x 2048 (200%)

Texture Detail - normal

Video Memory - high

Anisotropic Filter - normal

Antialiasing - normal

Terrain Detail - normal

Objects Detail - normal

Shadows Detail - high

HDR quality - normal

Postprocess Effects - normal

Vsync - enabled

Try lowering your 3D resolution to 100%. You should see a significant improvement in performance for only a minor loss of visual quality.

thanks guys to exist and for enjoy us with yours magnificents addons on my preferite war simulation.

someone thank to insert " river patrols" in style apocalipse now?

i've seen wonderfull pictures about new islads for unsung - Khe Sahn and Dong Ha, i hope to see them soon. (i can't wait anymore).

Sorry for my bad english a thanks thanks thanks thanks .........................:yay:

hmmm Currently, the US units are MUCH more detailed than the VC/NVA counterparts. We are working on this for future releases.

Video settings:

Texture Detail - normal

Video Memory - normal

Anisotropic Filter - low

Antialiasing - normal

Terrain Detail - normal

Objects Detail - normal

Shadows Detail - normal (doesnt really pay to have high detailed shadows)

HDR quality - normal

Postprocess Effects - disabled

Vsync - enabled

Maybe this will help...

I really appreciate your help, but the problem still persits. I mentioned in my previous post that all other units are fine, not only VC/NVA. 30 M-113 in the same place are ok. I have tried your recommended details, however, it didn't help, even the lowest details didn't solve the problem.

Some US units are fine, other are causing freezes.

I really appreciate your help, but the problem still persits. I mentioned in my previous post that all other units are fine, not only VC/NVA. 30 M-113 in the same place are ok. I have tried your recommended details, however, it didn't help, even the lowest details didn't solve the problem.

Some US units are fine, other are causing freezes.

Others are causing freezes? Are these extended freezes? Momentary freezes?

Which units? That would help so we can look into the specific models.. Infantry? If so, which ones? Vehicles? Which ones? Let me know... from your specs, I would think that you have MORE than enough to run things smoothly... We have not heard of this issue before... not to say it doesnt exist... but I want to see if it is something in our models or something specific to your machine.

Others are causing freezes? Are these extended freezes? Momentary freezes?

Which units? That would help so we can look into the specific models.. Infantry? If so, which ones? Vehicles? Which ones? Let me know... from your specs, I would think that you have MORE than enough to run things smoothly... We have not heard of this issue before... not to say it doesnt exist... but I want to see if it is something in our models or something specific to your machine.

Momentary freezes. The game is playable, but it's not ideal. Vehicles are not causing freezes, only US infantry units (I believe that only specific units). Tomorrow I am going to try to find the units causing freezes.

Edited by Drapka

Good deal... Thanks for the research! I will take a look at the results...

With the US Infantry units, they are HIGHLY detailed and with that comes a higher face count. But with any luck, we can isolate the individual models and see whats going on.

Thanks.

the stuttering of the model i've experienced before. it had to do with improper uv map. i did a number of steps to solve it, none of them i remember too well nor do i know for certain which was the crucial step. but needless to say, it was a uv mapping issue. i can only suggest you look at models with lots of parts and see if all the parts are correctly assigned to a specific rvmat and texture combination. sometimes with small parts, they can be left out and remain either unmapped or assigned to the wrong rvmat.

@ Minimalaco

Nice vid m8.

Seeing that, it makes me sad as i haven't played mp 'Nam in a looong time.

Ahhh those were the days when we spend hours patrolling and chasing Charlie only to find out Charlie outmanouvred us and was chasing us instead ;)

ofp - unsung

ofp - jungle fever

arma - unsung

and now still waiting for good games of arma 2 - unsung

But no server :'(

@ Minimalaco

Nice vid m8.

Seeing that, it makes me sad as i haven't played mp 'Nam in a looong time.

Ahhh those were the days when we spend hours patrolling and chasing Charlie only to find out Charlie outmanouvred us and was chasing us instead ;)

ofp - unsung

ofp - jungle fever

arma - unsung

and now still waiting for good games of arma 2 - unsung

But no server :'(

Go to

http://www.armaholic.com/plug.php?e=search

and type "Unsung" into the Search box. You'll see Arma2 mods, patches and missions for Unsung.

Go to

http://www.armaholic.com/plug.php?e=search

and type "Unsung" into the Search box. You'll see Arma2 mods, patches and missions for Unsung.

Thanks. Yeah i know m8. I am part of The Unsung Mod team since ofp days ;)

It's just i wish that these days we had time again to actually play the stuff we make instead of just making it and handing it to the public. Ah well, maybe in the near future again.

A Marine patrol is staking out a nearby village looking for bad people...

Unsung Marines

A US patrol has stopped by a local village based on a tip they received from the local population. Growing suspicious, they start interrogating the inhabitants... Various armored elements stop to see if the patrol needs any assistance or backup.

US PATROL 1

US PATROL 2

US PATROL 3

A grunt daydreaming as he and his unit approaches the vill. Overhead, a Skyraider stands watch over the unit ready to pound any enemy forces encountered.

US PATROL 4

A grunt stands watch as reinforcements arrive after a small gunbattle. There were 4 confirmed enemy KIAs and approximately 4-5 enemy WIAs during the engagement. US wounded have already been shipped out via a dustoff. The second pic is of a heavy lift chopper dropping in to supply to the platoon on the ground.

US PATROL 5

US PATROL 6

The platoon has moved on from the vill looking for bloodtrails and any sign of enemy wounded being left behind. The Battalion CO wants a high body count on this mission.

US PATROL 7

During the patrol, the weather starts to go south as it normally does during the 'wet season'.

US PATROL 8

Visibility is now becoming an issue and the platoon needs to slow its pace down. No need getting separated from each other and putting the unit in a bad position to defend itself.

US PATROL 9

After about an hour or so, the rain let up a bit allowing the platoon to carrying on with its patrol. By this time though, the enemy is long gone and the platoon commander radios battalion to set up an evac point and get the platoon out of the area.

US PATROL 10

Glad to see that you picked up my idea of rice-paddies. :)

Mondkalb,You just gave away the fact you didnt d'load ,play arma1 Unsung....:)Or maybe you just didnt go to the ricepaddy area in lowlands back then.....:)

P.S i have spent the last couple of months getting very familiar with Env sounds and have continued my personal work on cfg env sounds for MBG_Nam.I still intend to share it with ya once i am done but i have been concentrating mainly on the Unsung mod the last couple of months.

Have you done any more dev work to your nam island or have and/you started another nam island?

MBG_nam is a favorite island of mine, i would really like to see some more nam islands of yours.:)

Hi, I'd like to know if you made any progress about US infantry units causing freezes. Have you found the problem? I believe it has something to do with bags which US infantry units wear, because US soldiers without them are ok.

Edited by Drapka

First I have heard of this, I've had no issues with the units. Maybe it has already been addressed.

Hi, I'd like to know if you made any progress about US infantry units causing freezes. Have you found the problem? I believe it has something to do with bags which US infantry units wear, because US soldiers without them are ok.

Hey Drapka,

Like Sav said, I do not encounter this either. It has just been brought up recently and since I cannot replicate it, someone was going to try and get me the troop type/name so I could look into it further... But that hasnt happened yet...

So I am unable to move forward on this at this time... :(

I just downloaded this and when i try to play it it stops working as soon as it should launch and its only with this mod. I use CO A2v1.08 and OAv1.55 with no beta patches please help.

Hmmm ....That is strange I have A2v1.08 and OAv1.57 and it works just fine.