Sign in to follow this  
sgt_savage

The Unsung MOD (Vietnam War) Arma 2 Release

Been while since I have posted here, but still playing/making missions with Unsung. Think I may have found out why my rpt keeps getting spammed with

Error in expression <//	Correction for custom throw weapons i>
 Error position: <//	Correction for custom throw weapons i>
 Error Invalid number in expression
Suspending not allowed in this context
Error in expression <sleep 0.1;>
 Error position: <sleep 0.1;>
 Error Generic error in expression

I opened up the east.pbo to try and get the group names so I can spawn groups of enemies. In the process I noticed this

class EventHandlers

{

init = "[_this select 0] exec ""\uns_east\scripts\init.sqs"";";

};

So i looked at the init.sqs. I get the spam every time a unit spawns. The init.sqs is

//	Correction for custom throw weapons in ArmA2

_unit = _this select 0; 

_unit removeWeapon "Throw";
_unit removeWeapon "uns_Throw";

sleep 0.1;

_unit addweapon "Throw";
_unit addweapon "uns_Throw"; 

I am not an expert but this looks like .sqf not .sqs which would cause the spam. I am not sure if this is even the problem. I haven't tried changing anything 1. because I don't have permission and 2. because I do not know what I am doing.

Anyway, I hope this mod is still supported. It is one of my favorites to play.

Nomadd

note: I still have not had any luck pulling group names to spawn groups. I am just using an array of names to spawn units and making them into a group.

Yeah the problem its that if you "exec" a sqs on an unit init, you cant make sleeps there, and thats why you get that error, it should be and sqf and executed with execvm. But this fix for grenades won't be needed in next version ^^. It will be fixed on the next version, until them... just ignore it :rolleyes:

WinRar said that part 5 of 5 download was corrupted when I tryed to extract the rar file? It only managed to extract cjs_sea.pbo, cjs_sea.pbo.CSJ.bisign, uns_dong_ha.pbo an uns_dong_ha.pbo.UNS.bisign. So are these the only files in part 5 of 5 or should I redownload

I tested it and yes it appears 5 of 5 is corrupted. I'm not sure what files were in that pack I didn't put that one together. Send me a PM with a screen pic of what's in your unsung addon folder and I will try and figure it out.

A little bug report: it seems the iron sights of the French MAS 49/56 are a bit off. The shots impact quite some distance lower than expected.

Keep it up, can't wait for the next release.

Cheers,

D.

A little bug report: it seems the iron sights of the French MAS 49/56 are a bit off. The shots impact quite some distance lower than expected.

Keep it up, can't wait for the next release.

Cheers,

D.

Noted :) bullet drop ? :D Thanks will look at it

Man, those are beautiful!

How do you go about getting decent screenshots on ArmA? Just any tips would be useful :292:

Well I'm guessing you have FRAPs or a screen capture program.

Then just crank your graphics up. I have a pretty good PC so I run on ultra normally, but you can crank it up for screenies if you have patience.

Key is finding some good angles to shoot from and setting it to expert to get all the HUD off.

I did photoshop them a bit to add some of the grain filters and mess with the contrast, so that helps too!

Any plans to put up some new mirrors now that the Feds smashed up Megaupload? I can't download the patch to get the Lowlands map :)

Great job guys!

I've wanted to play a Vietnam War-based game for a while, but I never found anything to equal Battlefield Vietnam. Now I found this, which is even better.

No media update :) no time, too busy working on the mod ;) Where are we at , well...

Columdrum has been busy going through our configs and cleaning em up removing errors restructuring our weapon boxes (all weapons now added to the ammo boxes)

Bigstone and Cj525 (aka Mod leader, chief , rag) are working on the khe Sanh map

Geloxo is continuing work on his Mekong map

I'm just about finished with the complete overhaul of weapon and vehicle sounds.

@ Mr Pedersen my apologies mate been busy will answer your PM shortly

anyway short n sweet back to work now :)

*We are looking for a camera/ cutscene maker for our campaigns and missions anyone interested please PM me

configs and cleaning em up removing errors restructuring our weapon boxes (all weapons now added to the ammo boxes)

complete overhaul of weapon and vehicle sounds.

no island

guy`s i know update that`s is done ,but tell you progress to work update.

Edited by Andy Mcnab

Unreal! You guys are clearly hard at it. Thanks for update!

cant wait for next release guys keep up the good work. by far my favorited mod for Arma,

Any chance of changing the M16 and CAR15 models to ones that don't have the shell deflector?

Love absolutely everything else about the mod, though! You are doing absolutely fantastic work.

I seem to have a problem when I click multiplayer and "New" to create a server I get a crash and this message pops up: Untitled-20.png

Can someone help me here, I tried looking it up on google and got nothing...

Do you have a description.ext in your MP mission folder or something. There is a line of code (line 144) that is messed up and is causing this to crash.

Do you have a description.ext in your MP mission folder or something. There is a line of code (line 144) that is messed up and is causing this to crash.

It worked! Thanks a bunch man, now time to enjoy this mod with my friends.

What as awsome MOD!!! I was impressed already with the first release but this one is even better. The MP missions that are includes might have some (popup) flaws but are a feast for the beast!

Here is our article about your teams great work of art: http://www.battlegroup-xtra.eu/index.php/ArmA-2/the-unsung-mod.html

p.s.: Thanks for leting me use the screenshot ! Great work!

Edited by larsiano

looks really cool cant wait to try this mod out

It's the greatest, you can try it out now. So many possibilities. Once I have a few months off, I'm sitting down and making the Vietnam campaign I have always dreamed out.