Sign in to follow this  
pathetic_berserker

Mil Mi-24A Krokodil

That last picture looks amazing! Great work!

Abs

The normal mapping looks good; love the way the light reflects off of it.

Definately with the others, the bird is looking very good.

your hinds made me watch Red Dawn again >.<

This thing rocks. Wonderful to see how it keeps on coming together: the process alone is a joy to watch.

Once it´s finished, it´ll be superb I´m sure!

That's awesome! A Takistan-painted version would be excellent too. :)

Great work, brohemian.

Well it's on the cards ,but nothing more just yet. I was thinking of basing it on the Afgan one wich is kind of bonkas but my refernces are kind of poor.

Re the 2nd pic and the 31st pic in this line up.

http://sites.google.com/site/stingraysheligalleries/mi-24a-hind-a-plus-preproduction-models

I think I've only 2 other references to the colour scheme. Its basicaly the standard desert one, oversprayed with cheap green paint, then sprayed grafitti style with grey and yellow. I say cheap because I think one of my other references shows an operational pic but the paint is already wearing.

And thanks for the kind words all. Its great to get this kind of feed back from folks whose work I've admired and been in awe of in the past.

And I'll throw another thanks out to Ericm and Rock who provided a base for me to cut some pretty big corners off the work load.

Could you possibly do any of these later on?

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/9/98/Early_Hind_series.png

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/9/9e/Late_Hind_series.png

Specifically the Mi-24B with the Fenestron, Mi-24VD with the rear mounted turret, and delta-x tail rotor Mi-24VP.

Second picture isn't a valid link.

Fenetron wasnt any good for a vehicle of the hinds weight class and the tail gun was cut becaus it offset the weight badly and wasnt deemed particuarly effective....

Upgraded hind is cool though :P

Fenetron wasnt any good for a vehicle of the hinds weight class and the tail gun was cut becaus it offset the weight badly and wasnt deemed particuarly effective....

The VP that was just the prototype, the production version, VM had the Delta-x Tail rotor and also the Mi-28 main rotor.

The VP? That was just the prototype, the production version, VM had the Delta-x Tail rotor and also the Mi-28 main rotor.

I've read Russian army is upgrading hinds to have the new wings, scissor tails and Mi-28 rotors.... And later to be upgraded to have all weather systems fitted..

I think we're agreeing lol... Anyway I think I'm going offtopic....

Any chance of some screens from the cockpit beserker?

As requested, not much to show really, but I had them anyway as a collection of images I took as a priliminary bug hunt. I havn't included the proper pilot Lod yet so you'll have to use your imagination a bit still.

gunner2.jpg

pilot2a.jpg

As for other versions beyond Russia's final production model? Nothing confirmed but have left stuff in place to ensure relative ease in making both the early production model (with the tail rotor on the right) and a later export version with engine filters.

This unit is 1000x better than any sci-fi stuff coming in 2012 :)