Sign in to follow this  
pathetic_berserker

Mil Mi-24A Krokodil

Love the wiring detailing in the cockpit, that gunner seat is crazy, had a tie fighter flashback.

Hmm... I working on repair plant, where it's warbirds repairing, but we dont have "A" modification of Mi-24 in this time, but if you need to make "P" modification, write me in private message, i can help :)

If you need any help with skins (extra few?) tell me. I would make a one as a Red Dawn tribute.

NP Ice breaker , you definately on my do contact list as approach the end, Would love to see it in Molatian colors as well

NP Ice breaker , you definately on my do contact list as approach the end, Would love to see it in Molatian colors as well

Yep I would love to see that :D

Most of South America uses the Hind as well, so can the Lingorian Army or maybe rebels have one as well?

Still chippin

Finished the the cargo section for first 4 lods and its related textures and cargo lod over the weekend.

First visual lod complete except for cockpit textures

Finished bulk of the second visual lod last night, just have yet to go over the cockpit area.

Have started sections of the main fuselage for third and fourth visual lods.

Thanks to EricMs and Rocks generosity geo, memory, view and shadow lods are about 75% complete

Will start on the gritty detail for the pilot and gunner lods and related textures this week. And to be honest I expect this part to be a lengthy process

Pathetic_Berserker: if you need help with making textures for various factions lemme know.

:eek: Jaw's dead. That's shit on high standard, dude. That's freaking GOOD!

lod1interiortpll.jpg

Hmm, looking at this image its difficult to believe that the high poly for the instrument panels is approaching double the verts of the 1st Lod alone but it is after all just a simple texture bake and normals on a flat planes.

And its coming up nice and bold for the distances its most likely to be seen from.

lod1exteriorview.jpg

Hoping to start baking the pilot and gunners Lods in the next couple of weeks

Nice :)

btw that 1st pic it looks like OFP style cockpit lol :D

Don't worry to post high quality pics :p

Nice :)

btw that 1st pic it looks like OFP style cockpit lol :D

Ha ha. If only it was. I'd be just about finished.

I kind of posted more to show the project is still kicking, And yes I should have posted higher quality pics, but they probably wouldn't have looked a whole lot better. You'll have to hang out for the full pilot Lod in a few weeks :p

I was hoping for something a bit better, but when all is said and done this is realy for an externaly viewed lod, and the surface area of the Hind-A cockpit is considerably more than the Hind-D, but still requires to be on the same single texture.

Progressing nicely, but don't forget to fix lightning issues (smooth/sharp surfaces would solve it).

Yeah on to it, ATM Im having trouble getting O2 to preview beyond 24k verts per Lod, not sure what the actual limit is , or if there is anything that can be done about it, but I'm finding it quite a challenge.

My pilot lod is currently about 40k verts and not yet fininished so I'll have my work cut out for me

Should BIS release their MLODs, you'll get much better base for your model :)

vk1jJ7Wr0L8

You should aim below 11k verts for playable LODs. Try using proxies if you have non-retexturable parts rich in details.

Yeah, Mlods would have helped earlier, mostly in scaling the few common components and gauges, but I'm kind of past that point now.

I'm asuming that improved Mi-24 is your work? Outstanding!

Lol, now you've set the bar I have something to kill myself trying to get over.

Model is property of BIS and CWR, I only fixed and pimped up its animations :) if you need any help just contact me.

Well.. now you mention it. I am having a some trouble getting my head around some animation and config issues, I'm aiming for a similar effect on the nose gun reticule and controls to what you have achieved above. Also curious, are the rocket pods controlled directly by the pilot in the above? This is another accuracy I was hoping for, but I'm not exactly confident with my scripting/configing.

Give me a couple of weeks to finish up what I can do of my pilot and gunner lods, and fix a few lose ends and I'll PM you something you can hopefully work with

And thank you for the offer