Sign in to follow this  
ladlon

Hold Fire command not working anymore

I didn't have this problem before, but now it's quite frequent.

Squadmates set to Hold Fire often switch back to Open Fire mode by themselves... usually at the worst possible time.

I think it was introduced with the 1.07 patch, as previous to that I never had that issue. It's also possible that Operation Arrowhead somehow introduced it as well.

Note, that I'm not talking about my team shooting when threatened (which is normal). They break out of Hold Fire as we are just hiding from enemies passing by, unaware we are around.... well, at least until the one goof decides to stand up and start shooting at the enemy we are (rightfully) hiding from!

Edited by ladlon

I hate that, i feel you pain, been there myself, you tell them 3, 2 then somehow in their AI skull they

feel the need to give you guys away, it seriously pisses you off, but are you useing any AI enhancement

or any addons/mods that might effect the Ai, as there are a couple that would or might do that.

As for patches, i looked through the lsit and it dont indicate any changes fr Ai as in what your

talking about, i think its been a bug since OFP, it might be command related,

but heres the list of changes and ect:

http://community.bistudio.com/wiki/ArmA_2:_Version_History

Just scroll down past the boxes you'll see whats listed.

edit:

I just seen this in the list:

Fixed: AI did not use suppressive fire against enemies seen while holding fire.

Am i reading this right? Why would AI use suppressive fire anyways if hes holding fire?

This was in the 1.05 patch list, not sure if this has to do with anything.

Edited by Gnter Severloh

Hi, Günter Severloh...

I have only a few mods... Standard ones. The Zeus AI, for example, and most recently, GL4. But, generally pretty vanilla.

I don't think it's any of those mods, as I've had them for some time, and the issue never arose. It SEEMED to suddenly show up after I installed Operation Arrowhead, and updated both it and Arma2 to their latest versions, only a week or so ago.

Very odd how I never had the issue before, and now it's quite frequent.

But, as mentioned in some of my other posts, I also have found the AI can sometimes be completely braindead... literally standing there doing nothing as enemies 10 feet away shoot and eventually kill them. (They DID identify the enemy, but didn't seem to do anything further, even in defense)

Hmm, like you said after you installed OA, possible it could be an OA bug,

is this showing up in OA or Arma2 alone?

Well, it's a bit confusing... I had Arma2 for about 1/2 a year or so, and then bought Combined Operations (...as you can't get Operation Arrowhead on it's own over here). I installed OA in where my existing A2 was (...assuming that was how you 'merge' them). OA seemed to patch A2 during the install to something like 1.06 (...which is what I thought I was at as it was, if not 1.07). I then updated both OA and A2 to their most current versions.

Confusing thing is, I'm now never really sure the distinction between A2 and OA, since they are merged (supposedly). I do have all the maps from both sims present in my interface... but is this now OA, and (technically) A2 is no longer? (...meaning OA consists of A2, and A2 no longer exists as a separate entity) Or, does A2 exists (and is running) when I play one of the A2 maps, and OA is running when I play an OA map. I'm assuming that it's the first... A2 no longer exists, and it's ALL OA.

Seems other people have experienced it with just A2 (...I'm assuming they don't have OA), so that's why I suspect the 1.07 patch (as I had no previous problems up to that point with A2).

Certainly seems to be a few people noticing it and posting about it.

I'm going to see if there's an update for the Zeus AI mod. Maybe that'll fix it. I'll let you know...

Edited by ladlon

Heres the mod:

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=8250

I have this in my upcoming Mod for Arma2.

I would think that Arma2 is still present, check your directorys, i dont think that A2 is gone

because OA was merged, possibly it has become like A2 being expanded with OA material.

I prob could better help if I had OA, and could at least get hard evidence of the folder setup myself,

but maybe for now if some else could fill in the details that can answer your questions,

would be much more a help then I.