Sign in to follow this  
gossamersolid

[PvP] GunGame --- Fast Paced TDM!

sounds like an idea :)

btw one of our guys had the problem of not upgrading weapons/ levelling up and was getting BAF errors (even though he had it ) he downgraded from the latest beta patch and the problem went away.

I'll have to keep my eye out for it, but I don't use the LATEST beta patch right now due to the version number change.

We dont use patch either,,,,,,,,,,,,, Gossamer matey, we also get the Baf error, but not just on your map,,,,,,,,,, can you tell me please did you create the map with the FULL BAF DLC, or were/are you using the Lite ? a lot of our maps were made using the lite and I suspected that to be the problem... (just a guess though)

We dont use patch either,,,,,,,,,,,,, Gossamer matey, we also get the Baf error, but not just on your map,,,,,,,,,, can you tell me please did you create the map with the FULL BAF DLC, or were/are you using the Lite ? a lot of our maps were made using the lite and I suspected that to be the problem... (just a guess though)

I use Full BAF as I own it :)

So it's probably BIS's infinite wisdom that is causing that little error. I doubt it actually effects gameplay or does it?

No it doesnt matey.... it just gives that annoying error up when you use a Baf weapon,,,, BUT its fixed with newest patch anyway :)....

Hurry up and give us some more Gungame maps :),,,,, variety is the spice of life lol.. and I have to say,, that with the right amount of peeps on server (only 4 or 5 per side) this is a LOT of fun to play....

No it doesnt matey.... it just gives that annoying error up when you use a Baf weapon,,,, BUT its fixed with newest patch anyway :)....

Hurry up and give us some more Gungame maps :),,,,, variety is the spice of life lol.. and I have to say,, that with the right amount of peeps on server (only 4 or 5 per side) this is a LOT of fun to play....

I'll try to add more as soon as possible, I'm just trying to finish up my new version of warfare and deal with some RL stuff.

I can show you a video of gungame from another game? I don't have any videos on my HDD from ArmA 2 gungame anymore, I formatted semi-recently.

Can somebody upload a video of this?

just filter for SBS server, and play it matey... :) NO mods allowed though.

Are there any more requests people have for 1.01 feature/bugfix wise?

So far I have:

- Time Limit via Parameter

- Different Weapon sets via Parameter

- More official maps

- Tutorial on Making your own Weapon Set

- Tutorial on Making your own Map

Looks good to me matey. ,,, you are just improving on a great system anyway.

Looks good to me matey. ,,, you are just improving on a great system anyway.

Thank you kind sir, I'll try to release it as soon as I can!

To Taxman and others who are looking forward to next GunGame version:

I'm actually working on it right now since I finished warfare 3.00. I can't give an ETA on a release of GunGame 1.01, but I'll try my best to finish it fairly quickly.

Bring your mates to play Warfare with us sometime! Then you can get Goss off his ass an into the editor in-person. :p

In all seriousness if you wanted to point out some areas you'd like as "maps" for GunGame let us know.

Bring your mates to play Warfare with us sometime! Then you can get Goss off his ass an into the editor in-person. :p

In all seriousness if you wanted to point out some areas you'd like as "maps" for GunGame let us know.

Yes, I could use some suggestions for areas. I don't bite, I'm not a scary anti-social guy. I'd love to get some feedback and get to know the people who play my missions.

RASMAN would be good

noted.

Making different weapon sets as we speak.

Quick Update.

Version 1.01 is under progress, you can follow the progress here: http://dev-heaven.net/versions/show/802

So far we have designed three new weaponsets (Close Quarters, Launchers and Snipers). We are taking suggestions for weaponsets, so don't be shy to speak up.

I'm also working on a few new maps. Some of the areas that will be featured are Proving Grounds, Stary Sobor, Chernogorsk, Rasman and some field/forest in Chernarus.

I've re-touched up Asawa (the map we all know and love :)) to add in the new Sandstorm feature from patch 1.56 along with some bad weather.

I'm planning on adding the Current Leader to the GunGame HUD so you can see who is in the lead.

Now this is sorta taken out of my Warfare Thread, but this news has to do with Gungame as well:

Here's a quick screenshot showing the new version of the Updater Tool that I released earlier. It will now feature the ability to select between my current projects and three different types of versioning. This means you'll be able to find the release versions, the latest betas (to test current changes) and you can also found outdated versions if you really want to :). The tool also has auto-updating functionality in it now. Every time it starts it will look for a new version of the application. Then if it finds a new version it performs a quick and silent update (no GUI popups).

85963042.jpg

Sorry for the long wait for those few people that actually enjoy this mode. I just finished version 1.01 right now. Let me list a few of the new things.

New Maps:

- North Rasman (North Area of Rasman)

- Wasteland (Gas Station area of Proving Grounds)

- Strelka (Town on Utes)

New Weapon Sets:

- Reverse Default (Starts at Makarov, goes to RPG-7)

- Close Quarters (Shotguns, SMG, Pistols)

- Marksmen (Long Range rifles to Enfield)

- Ramboland (MGs only :))

New Parameters:

- Time Limit (Self Explanatory)

- Weapon Set (Change the weapon set that you are playing with)

Here's the Changelog:

* Bug #16235: "Holy Shit" Sound not found

* Feature #14102: Parameter: Time Limit

* Feature #15108: Weaponset via Parameter

* Feature #15109: New maps

* Feature #15634: New Weaponsets

* Feature #16214: Improved Mini-Map Tracking

* Task #14103: Body Removal

* Task #16197: Optimize Script Execution

* Task #16198: Correct a few Strings

* Task #16199: Update Notes Section ingame

* Task #16204: Small GUI Redesign

* Task #16207: Last Weapon will be an IED instead of Satchels

* Task #16208: Revise Default Weapon Set

* Task #16215: Solve RPT Errors

And here's the download link:

[3.01 Official Mirror] - http://thegamewardens.net/index.php?action=downloads;sa=downfile&id=16

I haven't had any time to test because it's Christmas today. I hope there's no issues with it :)

Nice one........... uploaded to the SBS server bud.. will give it a go ASAP

You might want to switchMove the proper animation to the player whenever his weapon changes. That way there won't be a needless transition phase where you are completely defenseless. The default rifle animation is "amovpercmstpsraswrfldnon" and the one for handguns is "amovpercmstpsraswpstdnon".

Personally I feel that the "GunGame" title stuck on top of the screen and the UT announcements are unnecessary.

Since we don't have knives in Arma 2... changing the final weapon to something like a single shot silenced pistol might make it difficult :D

LOL rex, dont you think the satchels are hard enough to get a kill :)

PLease dont take away the UT taunts..... I think they add a lot of fun to the scenario.... regards to the GUNGAME title.. tbh.. never noticed it :( agree with the animations though...

Wow I got replies to this thread :)

Thanks for the feedback guys.

@Rexehuk: It's set on an IED for the last weapon as the last weapon is supposed to be very hard to get kills with as it leads to victory of the match.

@Celery: I'll remove the gungame title at the top... kinda something I left in when I first started designing it and I forgot about it :) As for UT sounds, I'll add an options menu where you can disable them for next version. That sounds fair, right?

If anybody has suggestions for more weapon sets or new map locations, please share them!

EDIT: Forgot to comment on the switchmove, I will look into that. Thanks for telling me how to fix it!

Edited by GossamerS