Sign in to follow this  
burkesooty

I'm new, please help me?

Hi,

Purchased the sold out software version of this, I don't think it comes with resistance; is that right? And if that is right, is resistance free?

Tried to play the campaign but I couldn't get past the first training mission, when the Fitnesss Instructor tells me to "run through the lane and come back" I do, but to no avail, have tried going on and/or through the other obstacles to but to no avail. Am I doing something wrong or is there a known issue there?

One last thing, what are the essential downloads, those that none of you would be without?

Thanks for taking the time to read and hopefully respond,

Gratefully,

Ryan

Unfortunately you would've been better off shelling out the extra few

quid for the GOTY edition.It's got Red Hammer,and Resistance(more importantly)

bundled in.

As far as I'm aware most of the really good mods,would need resistance installed.

I don't remember any trick to doing the obstacles,as such.Just go through

to the end,turn and come back to the start.It's been quite a while since I

played the campaign though,so I might be wrong.Perhaps you're not completing

it quickly enough.

:)

And welcome to the forums.

Hi,

One last thing, what are the essential downloads, those that none of you would be without?

It's great you're getting into the world of OFP! I'd wager that 99% of those who would help you would agree that Resistance is a piece of the OFP puzzle that no-one should be without. If you can do it, return the version of the game you have and purchase the GOTY version. The vast majority of the help/suggestions that would come your way requires OFP updated to the 1.96 version.

Other than that, update whatever version you have as high as it will go (I'm assuming you already have, by the way; OFP Patches).

Unfortunately (or fortunately, depending on one's perspective), I have not had to overcome the problem you've described, so I'm unable to help you with that.

Good luck!

Hello Ryan!

I have the sold out version myself and at least my copy came with Resistance and Red Hammer. It should say it on the cover.

I also had issues with the the obstacle course, but with time I did get past it. Just make sure you patch up your game. The CD 1 should have a folder called "patch" or "patches" on it. Open it up and run the patch inside the folder.

If your copy did not come with the addons, i highly recommend to get them.

You can find addons for your game here and here. I also recommend to check out the "Mission Editor", you can find it at the main menu. That, atleast for me, was the key for the universe of OFP ;).

It might feel a bit complicated when you start off, but dont worry - you will get it.

Feel free to contact me by PM.

Best of luck, qbt!