Sign in to follow this  
Hanzu

Complete list of difficulty options is missing from game manuals.

After reading both Arma 2 and Arma 2 Operation Arrowhead manuals from cover to cover, I have noticed a lot of basic information is missing in there. Like a complete list of difficulty options and what they do. It is a loss that those manuals used so many pages explaining mission editing and too few pages about user interface and options.

Me and my friends only play with Expert difficulty and nothing else and in that difficulty level only 4 difficulty options can be changed. So I would really like to know what these 4 options actually do without spending my limited gaming time on testing them and finding it out myself:

Super AI Disabled/Enabled

YOU WERE KILLED Disabled/Enabled

Multiplayer score Disabled/Enabled

VON ID Disabled/Enabled

Facts only and no "as far as I know" type of replying, please. :)

Edited by Hanzu
Typo

Super AI Disabled/Enabled

Not sure about this one, so I won't speculate.

YOU WERE KILLED Disabled/Enabled

Kill messages in MP, for example "MadDogX was killed by Hanzu".

Multiplayer score Disabled/Enabled

The ability to view the score board (showing kills/deaths) in multiplayer.

VON ID Disabled/Enabled

When someone talks using the in-game VON, show their name in the bottom left of the screen.

Thank you for good and fast reply MadDogX

Forgot to mention that we play cooperative only. So it looks like when "YOU WERE KILLED" is enabled it works only for player versus player gamemodes and it would have absolutely no use in cooperative anyway. But funny thing is that I actually thought "YOU WERE KILLED" meant a difficulty option where no-one could heal you. :)

So naming this option "YOU WERE KILLED BY" would have made much more sense.

Edited by Hanzu
Typo

Thank you for good and fast reply MadDogX

Forgot to mention that we play cooperative only. So it looks like when "YOU WERE KILLED" is enabled it works only for player versus player gamemodes and it would have absolutely no use in cooperative anyway. But funny thing is that I actually thought "YOU WERE KILLED" meant a difficulty option where no-one could heal you. :)

So naming this option "YOU WERE KILLED BY" would have made much more sense.

Actually, it works for COOP aswell. When you are killed by an AI, it will simply say "Hanzu was killed". If this option is disabled, the message will not appear.

(But will indeed never be a message if an AI dies, if that's what you were referring to.)

IIRC, Super AI just gives all the units the maximum AI skill level possible, regardless of the skill setting in the mission.

Thanks, you may be right Laqueesha, but I wonder if that would also mean friendly AI. In cooperative campaign missions "Disable AI" function seems to not work but in separate cooperative missions it works. So if Super AI is enabled, there is no way of preventing friendly Super AIs run and kill all enemies, when we are still planning and getting used to terrain.