Sign in to follow this  
Takko

Artillery Module on costum vehicles

Hello,

my question might sound simple but I just don't get it:

How to make a costum vehicle work with the artillery module?

ArtyisArtyvehicle=1;

weapon needs to have ammunition defined as artyammo with a reference to a ballisticstable. If you use ammo allready existing you can use the according ballisticstable, if you use own ammo there is the possibility to create your own ballstictables by running arty_generateformattedbtab.sqf inside the arty module.

["magazinename","minDegreeofBarrel","maxDegreeofBarrel","Degreestep","minHeight","maxhight","hightstep"] call arty_generateformattedbtab

take care with the degreestep, i use 1.5 degree as Bis does, lower values take forever to create the table and create lag ingame. minheight and maxheight seem to be the placementheight of the artillerypiece, -1000,1000,200 are the values used by BIS, i used them aswell in my tests.

after you call the script you get a short freeze, then you can paste the table into an empty textfile. ammo airfriction and speed play major role, i made several tests with mostly very strange results, but its fun to try so give it a go.

hot to use the new arty module witha soldier that use a virtual artilery?

im working on an M2A1 105mm howitzer.....

Im using BIS ammo for the M119 amd added the

ArtyisArtyvehicle=1;

to the config... yet its not working.

any ideas?

From what I can work out ArtyisArtyvehicle may well be redundant.

I've managed to get a mortar firing from a vehicle by adding:

to the main body of the config:

artilleryScanner = 1;

ARTY_IsArtyVehicle = 0;

and to the turret config:

turretInfoType = "RscWeaponRangeFinder";

visionMode[] = {};

But it only works with the artillery module if I use vanilla BIS arty weapons and ammo. I think the weapon has to be 'registered' with the arty module, which only a few BIS weapons are.:(

Hope I'm wrong and someone can tell me how to use custom weapons with the artillery module?

im working on an M101 howitzer....

th_arma22009-10-1717-55-31-70.jpg

I have the artillery computer coming up but the range seems rather short and when fired the shells never splash

Edited by wld427

@wld427

I know your arty is a static weapon and mine is a vehicle but the config entries should still apply.

With regard to the range I had to juggle with three parameters to get mine about right, those being the min and max elevation defined in the config (no surprise there) but also the initial angle of the weapon on the model in O2!

The min and max values seem to need to be in the range -5 to +35 degrees.

With regard to your salvo disappearing, I have the same problem if I try to fire WP rounds - BUT only if I am part of the crew in the vehicle. Firing the WP using SOM and the artillery module with me requesting artillery and the WP fires OK:confused:

Still haven't figured that one out! Have you tried with AI manning the gun?

Hi @All,

after i looked thrue some configs if found the entry

artilleryLock = 1;

in the ammo config.

After i have add this to my ammo my artilleryshell splashes.

Edited by FiedelC