Sign in to follow this  
Bobby-HUN-

Continuously getting different errors during patching to 1.54

I bought my copy of ARMA2:OA in the local store 2 days ago. I could install it without any problems, the CD key is fine, the game runs, the singleplayer mode runs, training mode runs, armory runs, etc...

I wanted to play on-line from the beginning, so I tried to connect to a server, but I discovered that I don't have the newest version, so I downloaded the 1.54 patch from the official site.

When I started the patching, I got an error with one of the .pbo files, but after I pushed ignore the patch finished and told me that was succesfull.

I tried to join a server, but I got the "Session is lost" or the "You were kicked out of server" errors from the 90% of the servers. After a bit of researching on the forums I found out that might be because of the incorrect patching, so I made a clean reinstall of OA then downloaded the patch from a mirror.

Now I got a new error with a different .pbo file. I repeated and repeated the reinstall-download patch from different site-patch it sequence without any result, all the time I get some error during patching and I can't join any servers.

Today I made a clear reinstall of Win7, a full format on harddisk, only OA, newest drivers have been installed, then I re-downloaded the patch from the official site and I still get the errors, and I still can't join servers.

I hope there is a solution, because this thing is really driving me mad...

Hello and welcome to the forums.

I believe the "Session is lost" or the "You were kicked out of server"

is because you need battleye:http://www.battleye.com/

clear reinstall of Win7, a full format on harddisk

You dont need to do this, just uninstall and reinstall the game and patch it,

you may if Im not mistaken have to run your game as administrator, but

Refer to this post about the patch:

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=106273

Thanx for the help!

I reinstalled windows, because I run out of ideas, so I had to do something :D

Anyway some miracle happened, because at the 4th or 5th trying I managed to install the patch without any error, so now everything works now.

I forgotten to mention, but I tried to re-download the battleye files from tis page but it did not help any at all. This is how I managed:

1. Reinstall OA

2. Re-download the patch (mine was from armaholic.com)

3. Placed the patch file to the game directory

4. I run the patch as admin

5. Praying like hell and hoped it will work :D