Sign in to follow this  
xeno426

TGW Vehicle Fixes

Updated 29 July, 2012

th_targetcolours.jpg

This mod changes and adds to the way the new thermal imaging system is displayed and applied to vehicles in ArmA2 Combined Operations. The majority of ground vehicles have had their thermal sights tweaked in the following manner: gunners have a green thermal scope, and commanders have a red/orange scope (excepts in Russian vehicles, where the commander has the normal black/white scope). The affected vehicles are the Ka-52, Mi-24V & P, UH-1Y, BMP-3, BTR-90, T-90, AH-1Z, M2A2, Stryker variants, HMMWV CROWS variants, 2S6 Tunguska.

-Thermal scopes have also been provided to the USMC variants of OA vehicles (AH-64, etc)

-The following vehicles have been given the ability to zero in their weapons: T-90 gunner & commander, Ka-52 gunner, AH-1Z gunner, BMP-3 gunner, BTR-90 gunner, LAV-25 gunner, AAVP gunner, Tunguska gunner, all vehicle-mounted weapons with flip-up sights

-The driver of the M1A2 Abrams and T-72 can now turn out.

-Changes the name of a few weapons. VIKHR-1 is now 9A1472, and Ch-29 is now Kh-29.

-Stryker MGS has its "commander" position properly labeled "gunner". Stryker MEV can carry 6 troops.

-The commander location in advanced vehicles (T-90, M1 Abrams, M2 Bradley, BMP-3, BTR-90) auto-stabilizes.

-The LAV-25 HQ, BMP-2 HQ and BTR-90 HQ can fire smoke grenades.

-Partial implementation of zGuba's Gameplay Modifications mod (http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=7184); only the change to AI fire rates were added

-Imperator_Pete's fix for the Refleks and Arkan missile allows them to lock on to enemy vehicles

-BigMike's Aircraft Built-in Action Menu was added, insofar as the action menus for the C-130J, MV-22, UH-1Y and AH-1Z. His file seems to have dissapeared from Armaholic and the file lacked any readme with contact information. Since his original file was filled with unecessary code that changed the way some vehicles actually worked and wasn't signed, I decided to include some aspects of the mod unless he requests that I remove them.

-When the MV-22, AH-1Z and UH-1Y have their rotors folded, the fuel will be removed from the aircraft to prevent takeoff. When the rotors are unfoled again, the fuel will be returned. Big thanks to Defunkt for figuring this one out.

-Two Stinger launchers and 4 Stinger missiles added to the M6 Linebacker's inventory.

-T-55's cannon name fixed to display the correct "D-10" name.

-proper lock and incoming missile warning systems to the C-130J, A-10, Su-25, Su-34, F-35B, AH-1Z, UH-1H/Y, UH-60, MH-60S, MV-22, Mi-24D/V/P

Known Issues:

Some weapons will not be able to fire at the max range the turret of a vehicle can zero in at. This is because vehicles can't be given different zero modes for each weapon in a turret; when a range is zeroed that is beyond the capability of the weapon, the weapon tends to default zero at 0 meters.

Ka-52 FLIR

th_ka42flir.jpg

Ka-52 & Mi-24 zoom levels

th_ka52zoomout.jpgth_ka52zoom.jpg

Changelog:

Fixed thermals on the Tunguska

Fixed signature file

Added thermal to the 2S6 Tunguska

Added proper lock and incoming missile warning systems to the C-130J, A-10, Su-25, Su-34, F-35B, AH-1Z, UH-1H/Y, UH-60, MH-60S, MV-22, Mi-24D/V/P

Changed loadout on M6 linebacker so that it carries 2 stinger MANPADS plus 4 missiles

Changed the name of the T-55 cannon to "D-10"

Added different optics for zoomed-in Ka-52.

Added flares to UH-1Y (how'd I miss that?)

Improved inheritances on UH-1Y and removed lots of redundant code

Reduced Stryker MEV capacity back to 6 troops

Improved coding for MV-22, UH-1Y and AH-1Z

Added new bisign signature. Make sure to update your servers! The old one will no longer be used!

Changed TGW icon

Added BigMike's action menu for UH-1Y

Added MV-22 action menu for ramp and door (thanks hcpookie)

AH-1Z, UH-1Y and MV-22 can no longer take off when their rotors are in folded position

Added TGW icon

OA AH-64 now has proper thermal sights

Corrected sight adjustments for T-90 mounted Kord

Increased Stryker MEV capacity to 8 troops

Removed NV sights from Mi-24D

Added BigMike's action menu for MV-22 and AH-1Z

Increased Stryker MEV capacity to 6 troops

Modified AI gunners in helicopters

Fixed a bug that caused the AI gunner of the AH-64 to fire really slowly

Converted FLIR mode of BLUFOR aircraft to green mode, as per guidozombie's recommendation

Updated URL's to GameWarden's website

Fixed a bug with the Stryker MGS with its zeroing system

Fixed the position bug on the UH-1Y

*Actually* fixed M2A2

Fixed health values of M2A2 and M2A3. Previously, M2A2 had 400 armor and M2A3 had 300; this has been reversed

Added zeroing to open weapons on vehicles like BTR-40 and technicals

Added flares to MV-22

Added zeroing for Tunguska (how'd I forget that one?)

Added bigmike's Aircraft Builtin Action Menu (limited)

Added smoke grenades to BMP-2 HQ

Added LAV-25, AAVP

Added smoke to BTR-90 HQ

Added Imperator_Pete's Refleks and Arkan missile fixes

Edited optic zoom levels for T-72 commander view, LAV-25 gunner & commander view

Fixed M2A2

Cleaned up config file. Ready for general release

Fixed a bug with the BTR-90

Edited vehicles that shouldn't have stabilized weapon mounts.

Included zGuba's Triggerhappy Choppers mod

Fixed a problem that prevented save game loading

Changed zoom levels on Ka-52 and Mi-24

Increased troop transport limit of the Stryker MEV to 6

Initial release

MediaFire Mirror:

- TGW Vehicle Fixes 1.56

Armaholic Mirror:

- TGW Vehicle Fixes 1.56

Armed Assault.info Mirror:

- TGW Vehicle Fixes v 1.551

Edited by Xeno426
new version

WOW! this is one bad ass addon, i tested it the last 30 min.

this are the kind of addons i miss in ArmA2. thx for this great and useful addon! :)

Who needs DLC?

BIS does. More revenue sources for a small company never hurts. Hell I don't need it, nor do I need to play a PC game. I just want to. ;)

Just having some fun with ya.

Thanks for the AddOn Xeno426. I like what I've seen so far.

M2A2 commander doesn't have FLIR. Only gunner does.

Nice addon, I havn't checked much, I'll tell ya.

Thx for sharing. Is there any bug you already knew ?

There are no bugs that I am presently aware of. The HUDs for the Ka-52 and Mi-24 don't change when you change zoom levels (like in the AH-64D), but that's not really a bug so much as a feature I can't provide.

M2A2 commander doesn't have FLIR. Only gunner does.

Strange, it should have inherited the change I made to the base class. In any event, it will be fixed in the next version.

Strange, it should have inherited the change I made to the base class. In any event, it will be fixed in the next version.

I had a look in your config file : you've inverted the CommanderOptics class

visionMode[] = { "Normal", "NVG", "Ti" };

thermalMode[] = { 4, 5 };

should go to M2A3 and

thermalMode[] = { 4, 5 };

to M2A2

Edit : the same goes for M1A1 and M1A2 TUSK.

No big deal

Regards

Edited by NikoTeen

BIS does. More revenue sources for a small company never hurts. Hell I don't need it, nor do I need to play a PC game. I just want to. ;)

Just having some fun with ya.

Thanks for the AddOn Xeno426. I like what I've seen so far.

Granted and thats fine depending on subject but I'm not sure something like this would warrant DLC..more of a patch fix or something since OA has it out of the box but A2 doesnt.

But I meant in terms of that dlc thread where people were asking for the FLIR to be as DLC, seems a bit silly.

Edited by NodUnit

Damn Xeno you beat me to it. I'd already updated the T90 + BTR + BMP but not the others. Did you add the ballistic computer to T90 + BMP-3?

Let me know if you would like me to send you my Refleks + Arkan fix that actually makes the missiles usable now.

Damn Xeno you beat me to it. I'd already updated the T90 + BTR + BMP but not the others. Did you add the ballistic computer to T90 + BMP-3?

Let me know if you would like me to send you my Refleks + Arkan fix that actually makes the missiles usable now.

Yep, the guns on the old ArmA2 vehicles are now zeroed.

And sure, shoot me those Refleks and Arkan fixes. I hadn't noticed they were broken, but then again I don't normally use them and I often ride with Mando.

Lol, oh wow. I had completely forgotten about that vehicle along with the AAVP. :p

I'll be sure to include them in the next release.

The next version (a ways away) I plan to add weapon zeroing for the mounted weapons that should have it, like the DshKM found on technicals.

This addon is really useful. I like it very much. But could you please (!) add these thermal visions to the bwmod tanks&apc?

Thanks for this mod, but I think it has screwed up the flir for the M47 Dragon. It has no flir now, only nv. Unless Mando missile does this, it must be this mod.

Could you check? It stinks not having the orange flir for it anymore.

Edit: Unless I'm confusing the dragon with the metis, which is possible.

The M47 dragon was not touched in this mod, nor was the Metis. The M47 was never able to use FLIR anyway, it always only had only regular and NVG modes.

The Metis was changed in my Thermal Scopes mod so that it has a regular vision mode in addition to the thermal FLIR mode.

ADDENDUM: I should be done with the next version soon. It'll have zeroing for much of the vehicle-mounted weapon systems.

Edited by Xeno426

Doh, I think I just got confused with the Metis. Sorry. I checked again and the metis does have flir.

Big update; added zeroing for mounted weapons. See first post.