Page 1 of 19 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: TGW Vehicle Fixes

Cool TGW Vehicle Fixes

Updated 29 July, 2012

This mod changes and adds to the way the new thermal imaging system is displayed and applied to vehicles in ArmA2 Combined Operations. The majority of ground vehicles have had their thermal sights tweaked in the following manner: gunners have a green thermal scope, and commanders have a red/orange scope (excepts in Russian vehicles, where the commander has the normal black/white scope). The affected vehicles are the Ka-52, Mi-24V & P, UH-1Y, BMP-3, BTR-90, T-90, AH-1Z, M2A2, Stryker variants, HMMWV CROWS variants, 2S6 Tunguska.
    -Thermal scopes have also been provided to the USMC variants of OA vehicles (AH-64, etc)
    -The following vehicles have been given the ability to zero in their weapons: T-90 gunner & commander, Ka-52 gunner, AH-1Z gunner, BMP-3 gunner, BTR-90 gunner, LAV-25 gunner, AAVP gunner, Tunguska gunner, all vehicle-mounted weapons with flip-up sights
    -The driver of the M1A2 Abrams and T-72 can now turn out.
    -Changes the name of a few weapons. VIKHR-1 is now 9A1472, and Ch-29 is now Kh-29.
    -Stryker MGS has its "commander" position properly labeled "gunner". Stryker MEV can carry 6 troops.
    -The commander location in advanced vehicles (T-90, M1 Abrams, M2 Bradley, BMP-3, BTR-90) auto-stabilizes.
    -The LAV-25 HQ, BMP-2 HQ and BTR-90 HQ can fire smoke grenades.
    -Partial implementation of zGuba's Gameplay Modifications mod (http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=7184); only the change to AI fire rates were added
    -Imperator_Pete's fix for the Refleks and Arkan missile allows them to lock on to enemy vehicles
    -BigMike's Aircraft Built-in Action Menu was added, insofar as the action menus for the C-130J, MV-22, UH-1Y and AH-1Z. His file seems to have dissapeared from Armaholic and the file lacked any readme with contact information. Since his original file was filled with unecessary code that changed the way some vehicles actually worked and wasn't signed, I decided to include some aspects of the mod unless he requests that I remove them.
    -When the MV-22, AH-1Z and UH-1Y have their rotors folded, the fuel will be removed from the aircraft to prevent takeoff. When the rotors are unfoled again, the fuel will be returned. Big thanks to Defunkt for figuring this one out.
    -Two Stinger launchers and 4 Stinger missiles added to the M6 Linebacker's inventory.
    -T-55's cannon name fixed to display the correct "D-10" name.
    -proper lock and incoming missile warning systems to the C-130J, A-10, Su-25, Su-34, F-35B, AH-1Z, UH-1H/Y, UH-60, MH-60S, MV-22, Mi-24D/V/P

Known Issues:
    Some weapons will not be able to fire at the max range the turret of a vehicle can zero in at. This is because vehicles can't be given different zero modes for each weapon in a turret; when a range is zeroed that is beyond the capability of the weapon, the weapon tends to default zero at 0 meters.

Ka-52 FLIR

Ka-52 & Mi-24 zoom levels

Changelog:
    Spoiler:

MediaFire Mirror:
    - TGW Vehicle Fixes 1.56

Armaholic Mirror:
    - TGW Vehicle Fixes 1.56

Armed Assault.info Mirror:
    - TGW Vehicle Fixes v 1.551
    Last edited by Xeno426; Nov 5 2012 at 21:03. Reason: new version

Cool, going to try it now

Thx for sharing. Is there any bug you already knew ?

I'm going to try

BTW, fox has upload it.
    http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=12127
    diag_log ["@Tom_48_97", "tom4897.info"];
    Poseidon — advanced text editor for Scripts & Configs

WOW! this is one bad ass addon, i tested it the last 30 min.

this are the kind of addons i miss in ArmA2. thx for this great and useful addon!

Quote Originally Posted by NodUnit View Post
    Who needs DLC?
    BIS does. More revenue sources for a small company never hurts. Hell I don't need it, nor do I need to play a PC game. I just want to.

Just having some fun with ya.

Thanks for the AddOn Xeno426. I like what I've seen so far.
    (God damn bananas..... again)

Join the most rootin', tootin'est crew on these here forums! That's right folks we're darn tootin'.

Mike Tyson's ode to Manzilla's SP playing style:
    My style is impetuous. My defense is impregnable and I'm just ferocious.... I want your heart, I want to eat his children! Praise be to Allah!

M2A2 commander doesn't have FLIR. Only gunner does.

Nice addon, I havn't checked much, I'll tell ya.

Author of the Thread
    Quote Originally Posted by tom_48_97 View Post
    Thx for sharing. Is there any bug you already knew ?
    There are no bugs that I am presently aware of. The HUDs for the Ka-52 and Mi-24 don't change when you change zoom levels (like in the AH-64D), but that's not really a bug so much as a feature I can't provide.

Quote Originally Posted by NikoTeen View Post
    M2A2 commander doesn't have FLIR. Only gunner does.
    Strange, it should have inherited the change I made to the base class. In any event, it will be fixed in the next version.

Quote Originally Posted by Xeno426 View Post
    Strange, it should have inherited the change I made to the base class. In any event, it will be fixed in the next version.
    I had a look in your config file : you've inverted the CommanderOptics class

visionMode[] = { "Normal", "NVG", "Ti" };
    thermalMode[] = { 4, 5 };
    should go to M2A3 and

thermalMode[] = { 4, 5 };
    to M2A2

Edit : the same goes for M1A1 and M1A2 TUSK.

No big deal

Regards
    Last edited by NikoTeen; Sep 17 2010 at 00:40.

Quote Originally Posted by Manzilla View Post
    BIS does. More revenue sources for a small company never hurts. Hell I don't need it, nor do I need to play a PC game. I just want to.

Just having some fun with ya.

Thanks for the AddOn Xeno426. I like what I've seen so far.
    Granted and thats fine depending on subject but I'm not sure something like this would warrant DLC..more of a patch fix or something since OA has it out of the box but A2 doesnt.

But I meant in terms of that dlc thread where people were asking for the FLIR to be as DLC, seems a bit silly.
    Last edited by NodUnit; Sep 17 2010 at 00:05.

Page 1 of 19 1234511 ... LastLast