Page 3 of 193 FirstFirst 12345671353103 ... LastLast

Thread: ASR AI Skills

Really nice work! anyway the skill level you set in the mission editor still affects the unit's skill, right? (at least (obviously) when going over the minimium unit value).
    Do you think there is a way to always keep a pre-defined skill (or pre-defined skill classes) for every kind of unit, even in third party missions? I mean to override the editor skill set (for example: I want every SF man to have always a 1 skill level, and every paesant with AK to have a 0.1 skill level, in every mission and every campaign I can play). Because sometimes things can be kind of unbalanced, imagine maybe the mission maker used to play with precision 0.25 and set all units to skill 1 in the editor because he tought they behave well that way, and I play with precision 0.8 and I find myself kicked in the ass by a group of idiot paesants with AKs. Exagerating with numbers obviously - was just an example, anyway that's the idea. Do you think it is possible?

Voyage, this addon fixes that as you described it. All it matters is the unit type, your difficulty settings and optionally, any userconfig tweaks you may do.
    The skills are applied to every unit 30 seconds after the game starts or after the unit is spawned.

Quote Originally Posted by Robalo_AS View Post
    Voyage, this addon fixes that as you described it. All it matters is the unit type, your difficulty settings and optionally, any userconfig tweaks you may do.
    The skills are applied to every unit 30 seconds after the game starts or after the unit is spawned.
    Wow! this is REALLY great!

Updated: ASR AI Skills version 1.1

CHANGELOG
    ================
    1.1 | 19 SEP 2010
    Lowered default infantry skills for the officers (commanders that aren't usually involved in combat directly).
    Class levels 8 and 9 are now special pilot classes, with less infantry skills but very good spotting.
    Addon is now preloaded to fix the "cannot play/edit error message in multiplayer".

Updated release frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

Visit Armaholic.com | Visit Carriercommandaholic.com

Public FTP available, just check the Armaholic.com FAQ.

HMM........wonder what it is huh?

Quote Originally Posted by Robalo_AS View Post
    ASR AI Skills v1.1
    This addon can be install on clients, servers or both. It will configure only the AI local to the machine where it is installed.
    So it runs ok if you only install it on the server?

Quote Originally Posted by MadMike.48th View Post
    So it runs ok if you only install it on the server?
    Sure, it will control the server AI (for ex. the enemy in a coop mission).

Downloading the update right now. Anyway I have another question. Do you think it could be possible to set the vehicle crew class (/pilot class) with a very low courage value, to make them retreat when the tank is destroyed, instead of continuing the assault? (that is the most logical/realistic behaviour for a crewman). Hoping they don't start to flee with the tank at the start of the mission lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Voyage 34 View Post
    Downloading the update right now. Anyway I have another question. Do you think it could be possible to set the vehicle crew class (/pilot class) with a very low courage value, to make them retreat when the tank is destroyed, instead of continuing the assault? (that is the most logical/realistic behaviour for a crewman). Hoping they don't start to flee with the tank at the start of the mission lol.
    It's possible I think, to make the crewmen/pilots grow/shrink balls (setskill courage) with some getin/getout eventhandlers
    Maybe in future updates.

I understand that GL4 has a similar approach. Does your mod override the AISkills of GL4?

Page 3 of 193 FirstFirst 12345671353103 ... LastLast