Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: New project: Fallujah

New project: Fallujah

Hi friends,
    some screenshots from Fallujah city, the new training ground for my Clan.

The project is mainly a very big city with some features around. Project is based on real sat map of the city. Some areas aren't still populated with house and maybe will be in the future (the city is big enough to allow players to loose themself).

Next steps are the creation of an airport in the lower right part of the map and add some details to the city itself (garbages, small objects... usual things).

Effin' awesome! Hope the performance will be reasonable =D

First Sergeant
    wow i have been waiting years for a actually Fallugah map! i hope this gets finished ad please, please try to keep this as acurite as possible...please! and if possible(meaning if some areas can use it) please add some of the OA buildings(ones that resemble iraqi buildings(like form the zargabad map) and also iraq in many, many pleases(mostly the outskirts\farmlands) use the same exact type of buildings that most of the OA buildings are(them sad & lonely looking mud huts lol)!
    "Respect is the key to life... with out it we have nothing!"

Computer Specs:
    =============
    Dell Studio XPS 8000
    Windows 7 Home Premium, 64-bit
    Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 CPU - 860 @2.80GHz 2.79 GHz
    Nvidia Geforce GTX 460
    DirectX® Version 11.0

Great work Sheezan! Keep it on! But i am wondering too how Performance will be... That's the only reason why i did not started so big cities so far
    Can you give some System specs and ingame performance info? Would be very nice

Author of the Thread
    I will probably release a beta in some days.
    Performances are good, due the quality of the houses.
    Framerate is 30-40 for me in city, with a Q9300, 4Gb ram and a Radeon 4870 with 512 Mb. Not so much as hardware. Frame rate will decrease greatly near the map borders, where i've placed a lot of nice Berghoff trees in a forest area.
    About using OA houses: i've made some tries, but the very high quality of those houses doesn't allow you to place 2.000 items in the same map (as far as i have tried actually). For this reason i moved to the old-and-working objects from previous ArmA. For the same reason and due lack of roads for OA this map is still for ArmA2 base version.

Has this terrain anything to do with World Tools?
    PMC Editing Wiki opened for ArmA 3 information, guides, tutorials, etc!

PMC Tactical - Operation Flashpoint, Armed Assault and ArmA 2 addons / mods / missions.
    PMC Editing Wiki for tutorials.

awesome! i suggest you add more fences , but otherwise looking great.
    try to use opx objects or oa objects, for variation
    "Simulations aren't about the destination, they are about the way there." - Metalcraze

Holy smokes! looking great i do love dense urban maps, nice work pall.

ArmaHolic Youtube
    Ground Branch - Bringing back the old days of real tactical shooters
    Foxhound - Breaking news: Armaholic informed by Informant not to post news before being Informed, Armaholic posts news anyway, Informant turns off Internet for two hours
    Rig: MSI 780Ti Gaming Edition, 8gb1833,i7 4770k@4.5 Do that polite thing

Author of the Thread
    Quote Originally Posted by Snake Man View Post
    Has this terrain anything to do with World Tools?
    Something yes:
    Powerlines has been made with wt
    Big fences has been made with world tools and placed on map with the visitor from a large "library" i've created, big fences was drawed and placed by wt.
    Forests outside the city with forest generator

Finally after placing trees along the road with avenue script i've exported the trees and reworked with world tools remap function to make them more sparse and more variated (avenue script allow you to place objects of the same type, with wt i've scrambled the trees in 5 different types)

The railway to the north will be placed with world tools fence function (this is the main reason for creating it

About adding opx buildings: i'll manage to find them and i will evaluate this way. I'm trying to keep the island small in file size. About oa objects they could be used in some small villages but this will change requisites to combined operations instead of a2 only.

shezan74: nice piece of work you got there!
    IceBreakr, C/O [SBP] - Slovenian Black Panthers (www.vojak.si)

Island Panthera v3.1 for Arma 3 - OUT NOW

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast