Sign in to follow this  
ScreamingEagle1

Best Graphics Card

Hi,

I have an Acer Aspire M3802, with 6GB of RAM, Intel Core Duo processor and an ATI Radeon HD 4380 graphics card. I can only play Arma 2 on low settings, and even then it's very laggy with a bad frame-rate.

I'm thinking of getting a new graphics card, and I was wondering which would be the best to go for. I'm thinking ATI because of their good prices, but the reviews of the 4870, 4890 and 5770 have confused me! Does newer mean better? Which card (not just the ones I mentioned) should I go for?

Will I need to do anything else to boost the playability of Arma 2?

Thanks for your help, any advice is much appreciated.

I got the ATI 5870 and running Arma2 on 3 x 24" @ 6032x1080 on allmost high settings. Got a 930 @ 3Ghz running too. Runns smooth. Even better on Takistan of course.

So the 5870 is a great card, but maybe there is allready a better card available, dont know. Didnt check any new reviews the last 3 months because im Happy at the moment :) :yay:

For the Overview:

Arma is extremly CPU dependend, so if you can get a Quadcore with 3-4 Ghz you can gain a lot of performance. Check the forum for some setting related stuff. Some settings doesnt do the same thing like in other games. So with the right settings you can improve your gameexperience a lot.

Have fun

Greetings

5770 should suite that current system well, and at least improve the playability of the game and should work well anyway for lower resolutions.

No point in going for something like a 5870 - unless you're planning on upgrading everything - because the rest of the system will become the bottleneck.