Sign in to follow this  
NeoHazard

[Resolved] Recent Betas - Warfare Module

I'm just wondering if anyone can confirm that the basic warfare and warfare (OA) modules cease to start the capture task assignments with the recent betas. The last beta I had been able to use just the basic module in a simple mission setup was 73116.

Now when I start the mission, the AI commander is selected, barracks and factories are built, but the commander never assigns towns to capture. If I go near a capture point, the map marker for it changes to yellow and nothing happens. I don't see any enemy AI's aside from maybe some tripod gunners setup near outposts. They dont attack when you approach them either.

Like I said, everything was operational with 73116. I'm hoping the devs accidently flipped a "switch" on something and forgot to put it back. It's weird when a beta comes out with something new broken.

Edited by Dwarden
closure and title change

this CIT ticket sounds very similar to it : http://dev-heaven.net/issues/13662

i'm I right ?

yes. if you need any additional information or help from me let me know.

i was just getting into some good warfare gaming when all of the sudden the new betas caused this. I rolled back to the earliest working beta for it and it still worked so it is native to the recent patches for me.

i just dont want to see it end up in a final version later on.

here is a simple video description. i apologize for the poor quality and cuts from unregistered fraps.

<- use if video still isnt loading below.

G2tMj2lmsVY

Edited by Sniperwolf572

Just something else to contribute to the broken module syndrome...

Static weapon AI appears in the broken modules. It doesnt attack or anything, it's just there, hangin out.

I don't know why youtube videos aren't loading for me here. Must be some kind of moderator ban on me or something, because they generally hate me for whatever reason.

C3kb_8u8Fyo

Edited by Sniperwolf572

Must be some kind of moderator ban on me or something, because they generally hate me for whatever reason.

Your issue has been diagnosed as a PEBKAC issue and I've fixed it for you accordingly. You only need the YouTube id of the video between the tags and not the entire YouTube embed code.

Your issue has been diagnosed as a PEBKAC issue and I've fixed it for you accordingly. You only need the YouTube id of the video between the tags and not the entire YouTube embed code.

ok cool, thanks! it didn't make sense to me because I had used the entire embed code in http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=104246&page=2 <- this thread and it worked for me there. alrighty, thanks again.

I know most people don't care about the default arma warfare modules, they just use benny or whatever. I don't want to use benny because I want to play single player and without the graphics caps. I rather like the default module as it grows over time and units start to really kick in. It's been 4 or 5 betas now where this has been broken for me. No one seems to give a crap about what I say on this board and always just attacks me for whatever reason. So, if you have any kind of ill will, just stay out of this thread.

Here is a fresh report file from an instance of just using a US rifleman synched to the warfare OA module in zargabad. I let it run for a few minutes while the AI commander built bases. Still didn't initiate base capture missions nor were their AI hostiles present. don't know how this will help. always looks like errors in the report files to me.

=====================================================================
== C:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2\Expansion\beta\arma2oa.exe
== "C:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2\Expansion\beta\arma2oa.exe" -mod=Expansion\beta;Expansion\beta\Expansion -nosplash
=====================================================================
Exe timestamp: 2010/09/29 12:54:14
Current time:  2010/09/29 13:07:00

Version 1.54.73643
Checking DLC for update.
DLC check complete.
Item str_disp_server_control listed twice
Item str_disp_left listed twice
String STR_BAF_CFGMAGAZINES_BAF_PUTIED_V10 not found
Warning: looped for animation: ca\wheeled\data\anim\uaz_cargo01_v0.rtm differs (looped now 0)! MoveName: kia_uaz_cargo02
Warning: looped for animation: ca\wheeled\data\anim\uaz_cargo01_v0.rtm differs (looped now 1)! MoveName: uaz_cargo02
ca\structures_e\housea\a_statue\a_statue_ep1.p3d: house, config class missing

none of these errors has anything with Warfare ...

also the BAF one is already fixed internall (next full patch)...

hmmmm. well, I just don't know what to say then. I guess I'll shelve it. Thats all I could come up with. There are no crash dumps, the videos and that bit of information are all I can provide you.

It should have been simple enough, something changed in beta 73206 broke the module for my system. I would have scanned back on all of those particular changes to see if something coded or whatever it is you do could conflict with something to make this happen. It seems EXTREMELY strange for this to only affect me.

loading a warfare module mission just hangs on the loading screen now........

IT WORKS!!! IT WORKS!!! 1.55 MAKES IT WORK!!! I waste my weekend away in a dynamic virtual battlefield of my own customization! Good work BI! :D:D:D*cheese face*

IT WORKS!!! IT WORKS!!! 1.55 MAKES IT WORK!!! I waste my weekend away in a dynamic virtual battlefield of my own customization! Good work BI! :D:D:D*cheese face*

told ya it's in the data patch :bounce3: so i'm closing this as resolved