Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Comprehensive and In-Depth guide to commanding your AI squad

Yes. seconded on sticky.

Anyway to download it direct rather than streaming it then download via cache?

Anyone that downloaded the video mind to share or host?

Is there a way to tell the AI it shouldn't do the annoying "go, i'm covering" ? i want to break contact quickly but AI makes it impossible with this behaviour.

Quote Originally Posted by Fennek View Post
    Is there a way to tell the AI it shouldn't do the annoying "go, i'm covering" ? i want to break contact quickly but AI makes it impossible with this behaviour.
    Take them out of Combat Mode. Set them back to Aware Mode.

They do their Bounding Overwatch routine while in Combat Mode.

However, a recent behavioral change might freeze them in combat mode if they're in battle and so there is no way to get them out of it until the enemy is cleared out.
    Last edited by Spamurai; Sep 22 2010 at 19:44.

However, a recent behavioral change might freeze them in combat mode
    -.- yeah that's pretty much what i encountered multiple times by now. The AI soldiers will not execute any orders, just stand/lie/crouch from one position to another one and then waiting until the sun falls out of the sky. That is so annoying.

Quote Originally Posted by Muahaha View Post
    Yes. seconded on sticky.

Anyway to download it direct rather than streaming it then download via cache?

Anyone that downloaded the video mind to share or host?
    use this soft to download video : "Megavideo video downloader 3.17", work fine !

I still cannot see why we gotta micro manage the A.I.. For the most part they should be coded to know how to react to enemy gunfire. Take cover. The command key structure really could use a make over. It needs to be streamlined bigtime.

Quote Originally Posted by Shataan View Post
    I still cannot see why we gotta micro manage the A.I.. For the most part they should be coded to know how to react to enemy gunfire. Take cover. The command key structure really could use a make over. It needs to be streamlined bigtime.
    Well, they do take cover and react to enemy fire by default. What more you want?

Quote Originally Posted by Muahaha View Post
    Well, they do take cover and react to enemy fire by default. What more you want?
    His point is that you have to constantly Nanny the AI... which you often do to avoid random disasters.

For example... they'll stick to their battle drills so rigorously it ensures they all get killed. They do bounding overwatch while caught in the open while under heavy fire... they adhere to strict brevets and formation discipline even when that puts one of them in the middle of the street under no cover. ect ect

Don't get me wrong. there is a lot of potential for awesome packed into the AI and they will surprise you with some glorious moments... but there are also some equally "keyboard bashing" tabletop-pounding moments with them too.

Quote Originally Posted by Spamurai View Post
    His point is that you have to constantly Nanny the AI... which you often do to avoid random disasters.

but there are also some equally "keyboard bashing" tabletop-pounding moments with them too.
    You can say that again!

Quote Originally Posted by mrcash2009 View Post
    Nice, very welcomed, BAF use too

Thank god someone expands out of youtube land (with its crappy limits) ... nice to see.

More you than me with trying to explain, I would end up loosig the plot and re-recording about a thousand times
    Maybe there are limits for the poster on You Tube, but Megavideo only allowed me 72 minutes of view time, before asking me to subscribe and pay or wait 30 minutes. I guess I'll be watching this in installments. Quite annoying.

I'll take YouTube any day to quickly get a video out for the world to easily view.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast