Sign in to follow this  
BF2_Trooper

Company of Heroes Developer Killed in Car Accident.

Sad, sad news today of one of the lead developers of one the best RTS games ever-

http://www.theprovince.com/news/dies+save+pregnant+wife/3488804/story.html

With an out-of-control Chevy Blazer bearing down on him, the 33-year old North Vancouver man braked and swerved his Subaru wagon so that he would take the force of the head-on collision, saving his wife of five years, pregnant with their first baby.
Edited by BF2_Trooper

A sad waste and the loss of a considerable talent.

http://uk.gamespy.com/articles/111/1118712p1.html

"A Washington State Patrol spokesperson said Saturday that the driver of the Blazer, Jordyn B. Weichert, 21, of Oak Harbor, was believed to be under the influence of drugs at the time of the accident," the Post-Intelligencer reports. "According to the spokesperson, the crash was triggered when Weichert decided to take off her sweater or jacket as she was driving north along the two-lane highway."

He wasn't part of the original team that made CoH, so not that big of a loss. The game went worse and worse after every patch.

This man died in a senseless accident before he could see his first child, this is not about the game but a tragic loss of an individual.

He wasn't part of the original team that made CoH, so not that big of a loss. The game went worse and worse after every patch.

Twaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat.

Guy used his final moments to save his wife and unborn child. Nuff said.

Just when you think people can't possibly post anything more removed from common sense, reality and decency on a forum for a mere game, someone inevitably has to prove humanity wrong I suppose. Made the letters smaller since my reply to this particular "reaction" doesn't deserve to be on the same level as my condolences to a family that is suffering from a terrible loss in real life. Humanity to Leopardi: step away from your computer, you're either taking gaming too seriously, or real life events not seriously enough. If you don't have anything reasonable to say, do us all a favor and just don't say anything at all.

Rest in peace.

I wish his family the best of luck in recovering from this terrible loss.

Edited by JdB

ah, damn. bad luck, man.

Guy used his final moments to save his wife and unborn child. Nuff said.

yep. what Pathy said.

A man died trying to save his wife and unborn child and you say that's not a big loss just because he was one of the original CoH devs? What a dick you are. So what if he wasn't part of the original CoH team the loss of a man like that a huge loss for humanity.. Edited by Big Mac

Death of a hero. To have the sensibility to sacrifice himself for his wife and child in such an unavoidable situation is truly commendable.

Drugs, maybe alcohol, big SUV/pickup truck/off roads, woman on the wheels

All the most deadly things in one pack= A pointless waste of life and a broken family

I felt sorry for the family.

It was just drugs and it's likely she wasn't high at the time. If you crash and they draw blood any drug in your bloodstream from previous usage = DUI. Her trying to change clothes while driving is the true cause.

Deeply saddening, saving his Wife and Child in his last moments - hero. A chilling reminder of what drugs and stupid actions at the wheel can do

Company of Heroes is still my favourite RTS of all time, brilliant game.