Sign in to follow this  
mr burns

noBAF / BAF lite+ (beta)

nobaf_beta_image_2_7109.jpg

Why noBAF?

The intention of noBAF (or BAF lite+) is not doing BI harm, but offering a way to make playing BAF content (missions mostly)

a less annoying experience, and (maybe) wetting the appetite of players for the DLC some more.

noBAF changes in particular are:

• replaced all radio com sounds for units with EP1 english
  • replaced lo-fi BAF music tracks with EP1 tracks
  • replaced shapur island preview picture
  • replaced all but one (Pilot) 64x64px unit´s with British 3 Rifle Infantry MTP by STALKERGB
  • replaced all but some (AS50, L85A2 NVG Scope) 64x64px weapons with P:UKF *OA Only* Weapons Pack 1.0
  • replaced 64x64px Landrovers with P:UKF Landrover Pack v1.1

Future plans

• Fixing bugs discovered in the beta
  • Fixing inheritance of all weapons (currently some classes are derived from P:UKF instead of BAF)
  • Including P:UKF Jackals once i´ve come around understanding the turret inheritance
  • Including 'some' Warrior IFV, if there´s going to be one =)

Note: This is labeled beta for a reason! The config still has it´s quirks (see: Future plans), but since the first MP tests went uneventful error wise, i figured it´d be nice to release at least something early. Be warned, some of the weapons inherit values from P:UKF rifles, thus making this addon not perfectly PvP balanced.

Required addons

Download noBAF

noBAF (beta) | Armed-Assault.de

Updated v2 signature for noBAF

Edited by Mr Burns

Brilliant. I told my group that something like this would come out for those who didn't wish to buy DLC.

Any plans to replace the MERLIN with the one from RKSL? I'm sure rock wouldn't mind if you ask nicely.

Like i already said in the Hx3 Forums: Nice work.

Try to ask the Authors of the reqiured addons if you can pack there addons with yours together! Would be easier for user (only one download and one key).

Wish you luck with that. All the best Mate.

Jarhead

Great! Though I've bought the BAF, still I will try this mod. I love UKF weapon packs and the British 3Rifle infantry MTP.

But wouldn't BIS get pissed?

Edited by ray243

i dont see why , they're using nothing of bi's except classnames. just text.. right?

Nice work, this definitely needed to happen. I haven't actually played since the previous patch - I heard the lite textures were lo-res, but I had no idea they would remind me of Golden Eye 64.

Might I suggest a compilation pack so we can run nobaf under a single folder?

Bur wouldn't BIS get pissed?

This is usermade addons and the benefit for buying BAS is that you dont need to DL addons with potential problems on servers + you get proper brittish voices. So I see no threat to BIS plans in this.

Good job!

Try to ask the Authors of the reqiured addons if you can pack there addons with yours together! Would be easier for user (only one download and one key).

That's a great idea! One pack, and have good quality BAF free.

)rStrangelove;1742460']Thats whats i meant. The BAS Littlebirds were awesome' date=' along with that african island.[/quote']

Ah Tonal... good times back then :)

On topic, great innitiative Mr.Burns for those who cant or dont want to get the DLC surely a nice thing.

Yet they miss a great addon / DLC with a pretty cool campaign.

this is a great idea. maybe you could replace the merlin with rksls merlin as well? is that much harder than the landrovers?

Yep, I obviously ment BAF :) I guess old things stick..

Tanks guys! Seeing some happy faces makes all the trial & error worthwhile :D

As for future updates, there wont be many. I´m thinking of one final version that has it all, YAS, Jackals, Merlin, maybe Warrior. This will of course take some time, so don´t hold your breath for it.

Might I suggest a compilation pack so we can run nobaf under a single folder?

There was the idea of setting up a YAS server/something/repothingie (thx to Cyborg11), i´ll definately look into this for a final version.

Any plans to replace the MERLIN with the one from RKSL? I'm sure rock wouldn't mind if you ask nicely.
this is a great idea. maybe you could replace the merlin with rksls merlin as well? is that much harder than the landrovers?

We´ll see :)

)rStrangelove;1742457']Oh' date=' didnt know BAS are back, good news. ;)[/quote']

Great news indead! I hope Nagual has prepared some nice missions for us :yay:

Edited by Rellikki
Removed reply to a deleted post

Glad to see someone worked it out and filled a gap for it :)

Edited by mrcash2009

Any updates to this? I've been having a law-80 tube texture issue ever since I started using this. Not major but fairly annoying.

Nope, no update yet .. havent worked on this since release as theres also missions to make, lots of digging in minecraft and some more work on that paintball mod baraka and me wanted to be released last x-mas :p

Whats a law-80 btw? Brit Forces in OA have the NLAW and i didn´t do anything to that, so what you see is the stock texture and not an issue with this mod.

On a sidenote, there´s some funny things going on when using the land rover, hovering in mp and some other not so nice inheritance issue. I´d advise to not overuse it in noBAF (the PUKF original of course still works as intended), or fixing the error yourself and updating the mod with config entrys for jackal replacements and anything else i left out. Any takers may get sourcefiles and a revised license agreement :D

Hello. I've got some questions for You:

a) When can we expect new version using the newest British 3rd Rifles MTP release?

b) Is there any chance You could make it "modular", meaning:

one .pbo for Shapur image

one .pbo for Infantry

one .pbo for Vehicles

and one last .pbo for Guns?

Would be very great [me and most of my teammates prefer UKF inf models but with original BAF Lite guns].

c) I'm trying to fix wounds cfg on my own, so there's no error pop-up in the game. If I'll finish it (and it'll work, obviously) You want a copy, mr Burns?

Edited by JonPL

I wonder would this act as a replacment pack for those that have BAF as well? I have no problem with the BIS stuff. But would be cool if I managed to convince some mates to at least buy ArmA2/OA but not BAF but we could all be seeing the same thing.