Sign in to follow this  
Drew

I Need A Cheap Place to buy A2 "OA"

since I am cheap & wanting to get back into this game, I'd like to buy OA; but I don't feel like paying 40 $ (cause once again I'm cheap). I'd prefer a "download" version *because I am very lazy and hate driving to the game store thats about 20 minutes away, but I'll be happy to get a disk version if its cheap enough. Once again I am lazy, so any help in this matter will be nice, thanks.

:D

You can get it for $30 on Amazon, but you should probably wait for a sale. You know, because you're cheap.

I did miss ur thread, and I am very lazy.

I am cheap and very lazy.

And probably a virgin too I'm guessing.

Cheapest place to get OA or Arma2 is Thailand.

Their government subsidizes softwares sales. It cost only 50% of the actual price.

But you need to be there to buy it. ;)

Get a stick, pretend its a gun and run about in the woods making gun noises. You can often find a good stick in the woods.

Or you could:

3jQWaCi_ZwM

Get a stick, pretend its a gun and run about in the woods making gun noises. You can often find a good stick in the woods.

Excellent suggestion. But you forget, Drew is lazy and I just can't imagine him getting out of his chair to run around in the woods.

haha oh wow your so cool

Best suggestion is to wait for a sale of some kind. Newegg, amazon, and a multitude of other sellers occasionally have rebates or plain old sales for games.

haha not quite, I'm just lazy when it comes to buying games that I tend to play once maybe twice & than put them on the shelf for 3-4 months b4 I pick it up and start playing again.

@Bascule42

While the idea of going out into the woods with a stick cannon and some rock grenades seems appealing, I'm going to have to decline. People get arrested for that type of thing where I live.

@Polar Bear

Money isn't an issue, I'm just not willing to pay full price for a game that I'll play for a few times.

LOL, just in my experience the ladies don't get hot and flustered for either cheap or lazy, but you may know otherwise (or other ladies).

haha oh wow your so cool.

Sorry, didn't mean to strike a nerve.

ffs, I'm caught between this decision.

Buy A2 OA from Steam for 39.99 or from sprocket for 36.00

Or I could just buy the Gold version from steam & get both games for 49.99 $, but I already have A2 how easy is the steam version to mod & what not ? I don't want to have a hard ass time trying to install mods & getting them to work properly

Unless you've got Steam A2 definitely go with Sprocket OA, I hear Steam is a bit of a dog for combining, mods, & betas. As for buying CO, I guess it would depend if you knew somebody who'd get use out of SP A2, I don't see it having much of a MP life.

ffs, I'm caught between this decision.

Buy A2 OA from Steam for 39.99 or from sprocket for 36.00

Or I could just buy the Gold version from steam & get both games for 49.99 $, but I already have A2 how easy is the steam version to mod & what not ? I don't want to have a hard ass time trying to install mods & getting them to work properly

There is no problem with Steam and mods. It is however a bit nasty to get CO working. I own both A2 and OA on Steam and I went and bought the CO DVD to avoid the issues with Combined Ops and Steam. So there's some advice from an avid Steam user (I have over 50 games on Steam and this is the only one where I felt the need to purchase the hard media.)

I am cheap
I am very lazy

Dad, is that you?

Anyways, try a Cyber Cafe or whatever you call those things, I'm sure one of them will have A2 or OA.

yes son, go to your room.

in all seriousness though, has anyone from America bought the download version from sprocket & if so how much does it cost? I thought it was 36 $ but I did some calculations & it was around 50 $, am I wrong?

Try amazon. I got Arma II Combined Operations for $37 last week. I like to have DVD\CD's. The price seems to change a lot there though.

I finally gave in & just bought it from sprocket, 32 $ isn't bad :D, a quick question tho, is this British forces DLC required for servers or whats the deal with that?

thanks dad, be sure not to tell mom about those dirty magazines I keep under my pillow

Considering that you are cheap and lazy, You may want to buy the BAF as the low res textures that come in the patch are damn fugly

Search before posting, use the pinned threads, laziness is no excuse.