Sign in to follow this  
katdogfizzow

[10-78] COOP 1-8 "Operation Zargabad Rain" on Zargabad

[10-78] COOP 1-8 "Operation Zargabad Rain" on Zargabad OA: COMBINED OPERATIONS

The Insurgency is attacking retreating UN Vehicles with Mortars! SEEK AND DESTROY 3 mortar teams in the fields north of the city.

Ai Artillery Framework By [ZSU]Blake www.zspecialunit.org = :D

GET VERSION 1.1 HERE (EASIER VERSION)

http://www.filefront.com/17272487/ZRain.zip

GET VERSION 2 HERE (VETERAN VERSION) More enemy soldiers

http://www.filefront.com/17272449/ZRainV2zip.zip

16ll835.jpg

14wx3zt.jpg

[10-78] COOP 1-8 "Operation Zargabad Rain" V.1.0 : Tested and Passed.

A little background on [10-78] Coop Missions if you choose to download:

1. Mission is made for Combined Operations

2. Mission is 1 life w/no re-spawn, no AI team member mission.

3. Recommended with VETERAN setting.

If you're a mission maker interested in the raw files, get them here:

GET V.1 RAW FILES HERE: http://www.filefront.com/17266395/CO8-ZargabadRain.Zargabad.zip

Edited by katdogfizzow

oioi - played it just now and finished it with no major problems

The beginning is promising but:

once you take out the spotters the target capability of the enemy goes down noticable but they destroyed in the 8min i needed to take out the Spotters they already destroyed 50% of the UNconvoy and damaged 20% - talking about effectivly using the mortar lol

Well,like said,took out the spotters and 1-2min after that the enemy mortar fire stops at all - no more shot to be heard/seen till i ended the map - maybe add some more magazines to the mortars (sadly forgot to check ammo count before destruction) its definatly to quiet out there then

Also,the enemy presence i saw/took out was including the mortar teams 13 soldiers - a bit low even considering i played the mission alone (dont know if the enemy count is related to player count) and i really had a easy job completing the tasks (1 soldier guarding the mortar pos only?) - pls srsly increase the count of enemy on the outskirts of Zargabad

Oh yea,the "get to extraction" task is doubled in task list and the "Mission complete" screen doesnt end,pretty dull if you r not admin to end the mission :eek:

And pack your missions as pbo´s in the archives pls lazy b** :D

Wow,thats quiet alot

Still,fun to play - nicely done,but i expect increases

once you take out the spotters the target capability of the enemy goes down noticable but they destroyed in the 8min i needed to take out the Spotters they already destroyed 50% of the UNconvoy and damaged 20% - talking about effectivly using the mortar lol

Yeah those ai are pretty good. Not possible "to save" the convoy.

Well,like said,took out the spotters and 1-2min after that the enemy mortar fire stops at all - no more shot to be heard/seen till i ended the map - maybe add some more magazines to the mortars (sadly forgot to check ammo count before destruction) its definatly to quiet out there

Wow, thats impressive...no, they have plenty of ammo-- believe me.. You may a product of too much information plus a great player. Ive got a harder mission for you if you like this one at all

Explanation:

perhaps I gave away too much information with the HUMINT with the location of the spotters AND the path to attack (This is a remake of a mission I did on isla duala that we NEVER passed that had no info on their location)--- always fun though. If you like these sort of missions, and you have isla duala I can re-do it without the addons. Its 20 times more challenging if you like that sort of thing :). Maybe i'll release it

then

Also,the enemy presence i saw/took out was including the mortar teams 13 soldiers - a bit low even considering i played the mission alone (dont know if the enemy count is related to player count) and i really had a easy job completing the tasks (1 soldier guarding the mortar pos only?) - pls srsly increase the count of enemy on the outskirts of Zargabad

Note: There's 22 enemy inc the 3 mortars in the area plus an enemy car waiting for you.

Oh yea,the "get to extraction" task is doubled in task list

Yep, I see I have it in the hidden trigger and in the briefing :o

and the "Mission complete" screen doesnt end,pretty dull if you r not admin to end the mission :eek:

Its on a 10 sec delay so the chopper can hover around and make sounds (it should end after 10 sec...prob too long :p

hahaha...ill look into that

Wow,thats quiet alot

I just made a harder version v2. ...I ll post it here soon

Thanks alot for the feedback...see spoiler for some explanations/feedback I can easily add more men if thats what youre really interested in running. Look for V2. in this thread today. See me note on my IslaDuala mission too

Edited by katdogfizzow

Since you use a CDF faction Ural you can't really run this with just OA.

I'd also suggest that you distribute the PBO of the mission, instead of the editor folder, to save people from having to open it in the editor then save it off then having to load it onto their servers to play. From the Editor just choose Save -> Export to Multiplayer Missions. Then you'll find the CO-8.ZargabadRain.zargabad.pbo file in your MPMissions folder, ready to share! :)

Since you use a CDF faction Ural you can't really run this with just OA.

Main Post updated. Thanks.

I'd also suggest that you distribute the PBO of the mission, instead of the editor folder, to save people from having to open it in the editor then save it off then having to load it onto their servers to play. From the Editor just choose Save -> Export to Multiplayer Missions. Then you'll find the CO-8.ZargabadRain.zargabad.pbo file in your MPMissions folder, ready to share! :)

Thanks for pointing this out kylania. Complete Oversight -- Thanks. I updated the original post

thanks for this feedback. your website friggin rocks btw.... see notes in red

---------- Post added at 10:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:31 PM ----------

Well,like said,took out the spotters and 1-2min after that the enemy mortar fire stops at all - no more shot to be heard/seen till i ended the map - maybe add some more magazines to the mortars (sadly forgot to check ammo count before destruction) its definatly to quiet out there then

Oh yea,the "get to extraction" task is doubled in task list and the "Mission complete" screen doesnt end,pretty dull if you r not admin to end the mission :eek:

Wow,thats quiet alot

Main post updated with more difficult version. All great feedback.

Edited by katdogfizzow

played it,finished it but this time got killed in the process :D so i like the VETERAN version definatly more

Some things still:

the para intro is nice but i´m sure when you got 8 players at least 1-2 die in the jump process ... maybe not sense making on a 1 life version and whatfor should you parachute in there anyway?

fun,but unnecessary imo

the enemy mortars still stop fire after lets say 8-10minutes,they light up the convoy pretty nice and we got killed on one try by a mortar shell that landed in my face so to say but after a few minutes of fire they stop no matter the status of their spotters

I definatly like the changes regarding enemy count,its really more fun to play and the Medic Module is a nice touch if you was acting to cocky

very well done

*claps hands* :yay:

played it,finished it but this time got killed in the process :D so i like the VETERAN version definatly more

Some things still:

the para intro is nice but i´m sure when you got 8 players at least 1-2 die in the jump process ... maybe not sense making on a 1 life version and whatfor should you parachute in there anyway?

I thought of the receiving screen in advance and raised the HALO height all the way to 2000m. if they die, they suck and deserve it

the enemy mortars still stop fire after lets say 8-10minutes,they light up the convoy pretty nice and we got killed on one try by a mortar shell that landed in my face so to say but after a few minutes of fire they stop no matter the status of their spotters

I definatly like the changes regarding enemy count,its really more fun to play and the Medic Module is a nice touch if you was acting to cocky

very well done

*claps hands* :yay:

nice; thanks dude..I'll have to look at the medic module for a future mission, looks sweet