Sign in to follow this  
ipwno0bs

Scenarios

Is there a way to make a scenario with multiple vehicles/troops? When I try to make one with more than one type of vehicle or unit, it automatically just uses the last one I selected

was tryin to mess with it earlier but couldn't get it to work, I'll try again

For starting out in the editor you really should read Mr Murrays Editing Guide...

Currently being rewritten and expanded for Arma 2, this version is originally for Arma 1, but 99% of everything is the same as far as the editor is concerned... this'll definitely be more than enough to keep you busy for a while, until the A2 version with info on all the new A2 editor extras like modules, etc is released... meantime, for info on the new A2-specific stuff plus general extra info and help - head for the Mission Editing & Scripting section... lots more reading and info there...

B

Late reply, theres also the wiki:

ArmA: Mission Editor

http://community.bistudio.com/wiki/ArmA:_Mission_Editor

yes it says Arma but it is the same stuff, works and applies for Arma 2 as well.

Is there a way to make a scenario with multiple vehicles/troops? When I try

to make one with more than one type of vehicle or unit, it automatically just uses the last one I selected

Making units Playable

In the editor set the the units as playable then you can switch between them.

Playable units for MP

For MP if you set to playable then they will be availiable to play with and show up on the list of

units and such to pick from.

Having units you can command

To command them all then you need to group them to you, so you hit F2 and hold down your

left mouse button on the unit you wish to group, and pull from that unit and you should see a line,

now bring that line to you while holding down the left ms button, and then release on your guy and

after you should see a solid lien connecting you to the other unit, this can be done to all of them.

A faster way would be to insert a unit next to you and they automatically group.

Do any of those touch apon what your trying to do?