Sign in to follow this  
WingsOfDeath

Domination Lift Script Help...

Hi guys,

i was wondering if you could help me. I am in the process of editing a Domination map for my clan and im trying to make it for the lift choppers can lift the new BAF APCs and Vehicles any help ????

Thanks Wings,

I would like to know this too. I added a Chinook and a Merlin to my Dom and since I pulled out the CH1 designation, they no longer can lift. I believe they have to be told they can in an array. I just don't know where this is.

Am I on the right track?

I must say, this forum is quite difficult to search from google for this very reason. When searching for this in how to modify the domination lift script this is the first post. Instead of linking to a response that would not only have helped the OP, but me as well (2 years on) - someone just linked to a 130 page thread.

Now I get the job of finding the response and posting it here to help however many people after me have the same problem.

I truly hope none of the mods have a problem with me resurrecting this thread to add something significant.

Edit:

For all those coming here after me, please have a look here:

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?104827-Editing-Expanding-and-Modifying-Domination&p=1859424&highlight=lift#post1859424

Edited by Wilf55

I must say, this forum is quite difficult to search from google for this very reason. When searching for this in how to modify the domination lift script this is the first post. Instead of linking to a response that would not only have helped the OP, but me as well (2 years on) - a fairly unhelpful person just linked to a 130 page thread.

Now I get the job of finding the response and posting it here to help however many people after me have the same problem.

I truly hope none of the mods have a problem with me resurrecting this thread to add something significant.

Edit:

For all those coming here after me, please have a look here:

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?104827-Editing-Expanding-and-Modifying-Domination&p=1859424&highlight=lift#post1859424

Cute. I saw what you wrote before the edit.

At the risk of being even more unhelpful, look in the Domination scripts. In the x_client directory there is a file called helilift.sqf. That's where the magic happens.

---------- Post added at 12:54 ---------- Previous post was at 12:49 ----------

Also, the thread search function works quite well. It would have found the post you linked to, plus others in that thread. See below screenshot.

4cB14.png

I'm not having a go at you particularly - it just seems to be the status quo on these forums not to link to something directly, rather all and sundry get the 'search for it yourself' treatment.

The way that it was linked in my post causes the least amount of disruption to anyone looking to find the answer to the question posed by the OP and myself, your way caused me to open another tab, search, go though 5 or so different postings about other issues regarding the Domination files and then find something that I still needed to test to confirm validity.

If you choose to get hurt by what I posted, and then decided not to (by editing it out) then I can't stop you - but I think this matter is closed and as I alluded to above I hope this helps others that have been linked to this post via a google search.

Edited by Wilf55
Typing error

@Wilf55

Please do not dig up old threads when you have nothing significant to add.

Any feedback about these forums and/or its software belong in another topic!