Sign in to follow this  
The931stSoldier

Help with using scripts in missions

i hate to keep posting the same thing and yes i have used the search bar but i would just like a solution with my question so i shall explain it with as much detail as i can and hopefully i would like some knowledgeable mission editor out there to help me understand how to use a script that i get from an addon or script template in my own mission even after i put the very script the sqs file it self in the mission folder of the mission i am making so why the scripts are not working i dont know

example #1 Dukes helo pack

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=7356

comes with a fast roping script built into the addon apperantly which is activated by nul = [helo, 30, "move1.sqs"] execVM "\ad_helos\FastRope\scripts\fast_rope_AI_pilot.sqf"

the fast roping portion works but after the ropes drop i get a message

script "move1.sqs" not found"

i also am trying to make an airborne mission using the C130 mass para training script which the separate script came with the template (eject1.sqs)

ttp://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=5983

nul= [grp1,plane] execVM "eject1.sqs"

i also get the same message script "eject1.sqs not found"

so with the scripts in the right place what is it i need to do to make this work what is the problem

If you're having trouble "finding" the "move1.sqs" script... I'm guessing it's being called from inside "fast_rope_AI_pilot.sqf", and you'll have to change it to make it relative to your mission folder, rather than the addon folder structure.

as for "eject1.sqs" i dont know. is "eject1.sqs" in the same folder as your mission.sqm? If not, you can't use that template and you have to tell it what folder the script is is, like "scripts\eject1.sqs" if you have it in a "scripts" folder.

yes its in the mission folder for the mission im editing itself

---------- Post added at 08:10 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:52 AM ----------

well adding scripts worked for the eject1.sqs worked thank you so much now to figure out move1.sqs

I hope you understand WHY adding "scripts" to it worked, is the important part. Otherwise you're going to ask this question over and over.

And what I said for move1.sqs... its probably being called from inside the script of "fast_rope_AI_pilot.sqf". You need to go into that script, figure out where it calls on "move1.sqs", and change it so the path works for your mission folder.