Sign in to follow this  
konrad1

Arty /module

hi wanted to know how exactly the new module works.

beaucse when i place an m119 or MLRS and say shot the ai alwys says need coordiantes. It only works for the Styler MC.

Also i wanted to know how to change ammo for arty.

And maybe if someone know hot to use ACE arty i tired the tutorial but doesnt work. Can someone send me a video or better tut.?

You should have the option in the quick menu; "Shoot at position" or something like that. You just point where you want the rounds to land. You won't get the artillery calculator interface, nor should you.

@CarlGustaffa

Sorry Carl,

But this may all depend on how one implements the module. Your comment does not explain on "how" to implement it. BIS needs to better explain "how" to implement the module. Then recent video was great in demostrating the capability but not implementation of the Module.

@Konrad1

Konrad,

I did the following using Combined OPs with the latest Beta and BAF using the MLRS M-270 units on the Takistan terrain:

1. Open the editor and place three M-270 MLRS units at the southern airfield. Making yourself the gunner of the lead unit.

2. Place the "Artillery" Module on the map and Synchronize it to the lead unit.

Note: the M-270 has range limits, so I had to change the Mode to Semi (Far), once doing that I was able to fire at the Northern Airport. I could only fire one round at a time, but it did display the rockets track and time to impact. I haven't implemented it on a dedicated server as of yet. I haven't tired it with a artillery gun battery as of yet. If anyone else could explain how they implemented it, it would be a great help.

Edited by Landdon
Grammar error

For the new artillery system you don't seem to require the Artillery module.

And I believe you need a newer release of ACE if you want it to work with that.

As I stated above it depends on how you implement. If you place three AI manned M-119 on the map and group yourself to the guns you can "order" the guns to fire at a location on the map provided it is inside the maximum range and beyond the minimum range of the guns. The battery will fire six salvos of three for a total 18 round hitting the impact area. But it does not give you the ability to change rounds or fire a set number of rounds. Still working on finding out more.

Edited by Landdon
Gammar Error

ok, i need help with this artillery.

i have my set of 3 m119, im the leader and i can access the arty menu.

Im within the range limits and i fire, only one round as i cant get the others to fire with me, and i cant access the ..type, burst,ammo ,spread, because when i click on these it just moves my target cursor to the map point below these words.

Roger so far!?

so i fire one round and watch the eta fly across the map, I switch to my lone fAC sitting on a hill near the impact point and......no rounds, they've dissapeared!!!

Ive tried grouping with the arty, mortars and the mrls...I get the fire at position menu, and no joy, they cant fire, they say "change co-ordinates".

As for the Mrls? I cant even get that to fire anything, all i can do is move the targeting reticule around the map, I cant even push fire as the word danger comes up and the fire button greys out, and i am within the targeting zones!

so any help would be great, im using combined ops, with updated ace and slx although ive tried it without slx and still cant get it to work

oh and tried both ways, with the arty module and without...i get the same result.

cheers.

Edited by brit
additional info

To clarify:

The "New" system does not use a module placed on the map, it is for players only and allows them to actually aim the arty vehicles using the map apparently using the same module as the "old" system but it does not require placement nor being synced because it's automajic.

The "OLD" system uses the module placed on the map and is documented in the BIKI.

Also without the "New" system players can't really aim the morters or any arty vehicles unless you have scripted it and synced it using the "Old" system.

Is that correct?

this setVariable ["ARTY_VEHICLE",false]

Will unsync the arty module from the arty.

Edited by callihn