Sign in to follow this  
firdaus125

Game keeps freezing after a few minutes of gameplay

Hi guys.. My ARMA II keeps freezing after a few minutes of gameplay and I gave up trying to solve the problem .. Sometimes it freezes and I can still hear the background noise, sometimes it freezes and there are weird greenish cubes that appear on the screen ... I tried OA Demo and the same thing happens ... It freezes and I have to reboot my computer as the only way to get out of there.

Please help me, I'm seriously getting pissed off with this, how can Bohemia release such a bug filled game? I've spent way too much money.

My specs

Quad Core 2.4Ghz

2GB Ram

Nvidia 8800GT

Artifacts on the screen sometimes means a heat issue.

I have a similar computer with an 8800 GT and I use Rivatuner to keep the fan at 100%. Otherwise it gets very hot with certain games.

Is there any other information you can give us? Video driver version?

what psu do you have. i used to have a enermax 600 watt,i used to freeze all the time in arma, since i bought a new psu i aint had a single freeze, all my other components were good and up to date was just the psu. but not saying its your psu it was just my issue why i was crashing. i play a whole host of games, bf series,cod series,racing games,and the only game to freeze was arma. guess arma uses a lot of power to run.

Same issue here. Game freezes randomly, usually with black screen, locking up PC.

Specs:

AMD PhenomII X3 720 2.8Ghz

ATI Radeon HD 5800 series (latest driver)

6GB RAM

Vista 32-bit SP2

May be entirely different cause to OP, but just to flag that this problem is not isolated.

Edit: Having run the game in windowed mode to check machine temps, the game ran without a hitch. Not sure why this would be the case, but it may be something to try for some who are experiencing lock-up.

Edited by A_G

Gentlemen please search before you post, there are many posts with

other folks with your issues as well as sticky posts that cover your issues.

your in the right forum, but search!

Game crashing to desktop or freezeing or BSOD

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=76670

I did a search for Arma 2 freeze, and found many posts,

http://forums.bistudio.com/search.php?searchid=1194214

some will and will not help, some may give you a better insight to

other possibilities that could be occuring, but most of all search and find out.